[FDC] Ferrari/Exotics Track Day Proposed... | FerrariChat

[FDC] Ferrari/Exotics Track Day Proposed...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bmyth-FDC, Mar 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    [size=+3]Ferrari Driving Club[/size]

[size=+1]
    Due to popular demand - we have secured a weekend track day at the California Speedway in June!! I wanted to perform an informal survey here to see who might be interested in participating.

We will have 2 private run groups, which will accomodate our first time / beginner drivers and a second group for intermediate / advanced. The event will include track instruction, catered lunch, track timing, all emergency services, and private garage reservations at the track to store our cars and keep them out of the sun.

Prices are not finalized, but expected to be under $300/car for the day.

Please let me know if you would be interested in attending. If possible, please drop us an email at [email protected] with your contact information and type of car you would be bringing as well.

Thanks,
    Byron
    FDC
    "We drive and drive often"
    [/size]​

2. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Can i watch?

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Im in if you guys will let me take my car along!

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think I asked my room-mate the same question in college. This is probably the wrong thread for that. LOL

5. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    LOL...

6. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    that's cheap! is that for the in field road course? how many cars max?

7. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    At least it wasn't "Can I video-tape?" or "Can I join in?" :)

8. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hey! I'm much too classy for that?

9. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    :D

10. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    I was just there recently with the SD FOC and we did the in field 1.3 mile coarse. Very technical. I think $300 a person is low. The track cost is pretty high during the week (10K or so) so the weekend is higher. Please post which track they will let you run

11. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    they're talking about two run groups of 20 each which is three times larger than the track day you attended which explains why this one is about 1/2 price (triple the cars).

12. TabascoWilliams

TabascoWilliams Karting

Aug 5, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    David Bakoulin
    consider me and my m3 there, is it ok if my friend joins, he's been verrry anxious to track.

13. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    I will be there!!!

14. JSMDMD

JSMDMD Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    I'm in with my C6.... :)

15. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Yes, weekend prices will be much more... that is why I wanted to gauge interest before confirming. We are planning to do the infield course, so the speeds will be a bit slower and safer... we'll try to keep the number of participants low, but we need to balance out costs as well... if people are willing to pay above $300, we can potentially limit the number of participants.

Thanks for all of your replies - if you haven't had a chance to, also drop me an email at [email protected] and I will keep you posted on all developments.

thanks,
    Byron

16. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal

I would not worry too much about number of participants. The problem will be 1)getting enough, 2) you never end the day with as many cars running as you start. Everyone starts out of the box hot and heavy but tire quickly. The more Italian cars the smaller the field by the end of the day.

For example last month with the WSIR FCA/pantera clubs we got a smokin 6-8 Ferraris out on the track and nobody but me in the race group. The event was combined with pantera and perhaps there were a dozen of those. The rest were everything else maybe starting the weekend with 70-100 cars.

Also if you run three groups the same number of cars can play but it appears to be less traffic since only 1/3 instead of 1/2 the group runs at a time. But number of run groups will ultimately depend on the number of cars you get.

17. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Great! Thanks for all of your responses!!

We are looking at a great group of cars so far, ranging from Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Carrera GT! :) Let's keep the interest going - as long as we can get a good count of interested parties, this event will be on for sure, and it will be a fun day!

Btw - just a few additional details:
    Date: June 19th
    Track setup: INFIELD course (this is good b/c we won't be hitting the oval - keeps the speeds down a bit and makes it MUCH safer!)

** spiders/convertibles: I'm checking now to see if this will be possible. 360 sp's might be ok with the roll-hoops, but let me get back to you guys... I want to make sure we have a safe and fun day with no incidents!

I'll keep you all posted - for those that haven't emailed me yet... please do so to make sure I have your contact info. ([email protected])

Thanks,
    Byron

18. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Just verified... convertibles/spiders will be permitted for this event!! It will be a safe event with instruction provided - fully sanctioned. So all of you with your 348/355/360 spiders, mondial cabs, 550 barchettas, and others... come on out!

I'll be putting together more formal event logistics very soon - but after seeing the challenge races this past weekend (and getting to do a parade lap)... I'm getting really excited about going back to Cal Speedway with our cars!

Confirmed date is June 19th... prices to be finalized ... we will keep the groups small for sure...

Email [email protected] if you're interested.

Thanks!
    Byron

19. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Byron - I'm interested. Just a FYI. June 19th is Father's Day in case some of the interested parties didn't realize this.

Will this be charged PER PERSON or PER CAR? Can we bring more than one car?

20. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Is that a hint Byron ;)

21. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Jeffrey,
    Thanks for the reminder - I hadn't realized that... unfortunately, that isn't a date I can move around (there are only so many weekend dates available at Cal Speedway!)... I have an idea - bring your fathers out for the track day! :)

Oh, and to answer your question, the cost is per car... we generally assume that a person will be driving one car. If you are interested in bringing two cars for the day, we can work something out.

Brian - yes, that WAS a hint! ;)

Byron

22. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    Not only is it Father's Day, but it's also the date of the annual car show on Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills.

23. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

wow, the timing gets worse by the minute... but somehow I suspect that the guys are ready to have some real fun with their cars on the track aren't the same guys that prefer to walk around looking at cars roped off on the street. :) (only kidding of course... )

Either way, I think it'll work out.

Byron

24. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Is there a sound limit?
    Let me know if you need any help for the event.

25. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hubert,
    Good to hear from you - long time!
    No sound limit... was just at Cal Speedway over the weekend when they ran the challenge cars... boy did that sound great!

How's the H-car running? Still beating up Buttonwillow?

B.