FCRA 2012 sanctioning body: HSR | FerrariChat

FCRA 2012 sanctioning body: HSR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Jan 13, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    FCRA 2012 sanctioning body: HSR

I am very pleased to announce that HSR will be FCRA's official sanctioning body for 2012. **

From this moment on, and throughout the 2012 season HSR will take over the day to day operations of the licensing, *rule making aspect, and officiation of the FCRA.

We are all very please to bring in the expertise of the HSR. * As a result of the success of the 2011 season The FCRA had opportunities with several sanction bodies , IMSA, among others. * *After serious consideration the board and I felt that the HSR best ft the needs of the FCRA at this stage of our development as a series. * We are thrilled to have them on board.

Soon, we will send you a link to each FCRA pilot regarding HSR licenses. *FCRA temporary and full licenses will be honored by the HSR, however HSR will issue the licenses. * As FCRA licensing criteria is the same as HSR, *the bottom line is that if you have an FCRA license, you will be granted an HSR license. * *We expect the transition to be smooth, and we will assist in the process.

I would like to thank Ken Fengler, president of HSR, and Peter Argensinger, who helped make this possible. * Both of these gentleman will be working in conjunction with HSR and the FCRA for 2012.

In a short time we also expect to have a new website up with fast updates, more content, easier and more efficient communication between members and social media. *These are major new developments that have been in the works for many months and which help bring the FCRA to the next level.*

2. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    That's wonderful news - I cant wait to see what that means for our events?

Seems to me that HSR has a fairly full calendar already per:

http://www.hsrrace.com/HSR/HSRHome.nsf/attachmentweb/TSIN-8PJ4HZ/$file/2012HSR_Calendar_Draft2.pdf?OpenElement

This might therefore mean that we can run with them as a sub class at their events to the extent they do not include us anyway. But that seems to only apply at Road Atlanta in September. One could infer that they are going to stand up a separate organizing, tech and possibly even corner marshal team for each of our events (except Monticello?); and does that also mean that they will have participants at our events that are not on their current calendar?

I 'spose all will be revealed in due course but inquiring minds want to know !

3. Paul430c

Paul430c Karting

May 26, 2004
    Virginia
    Great news! Good job.

4. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    To answer questions, yes, HSR will handle all officiating and running of all races in our calendar, handle tech/ compliance and all aspects.

We believe they are a good fit and balance of our need to have a more serious organization with the retention of the upscale "gentlemen" race series.

As an added bonus, in addition to the six rounds of our officially calendar, FCRA racers will be able to compete in all HSR races (these will be non point scoring races). These additional races mesh beautifully with our calendar providing extra seat time before and between rounds for those that crave it. The additional FCRA eligible HSR races are as follows:

Additional HSR races open to FCRA mbers.

Feb 16-17, * Palm Beach

March 29-April 1, Robeling Road

April 26-29. Mitty, Road Atlanta

Sept 13-16 RoadAtlanta

Oct 25-28 Savahnna

Nov 8-11 Daytona

HSR is determining class eligibility of the various classes now.

5. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    The FCRA races will remain Challenge-only, although it is possible we will invite our HSR partners to share some practice run group time at various venues if schedules allow.

6. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Thanks John, makes sense. I appreciate the work this must have taken.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have never run HSR, have heard good things about them, but I believe as a traditionally vintage organization they are stricter about door to door racing and contact.

8. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Not a chance. They shed that a long time ago. It's pretty laissez-faire.

I'm HSR member number 46...

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    HSR wasn't the organization for the famous vintage Trans Am standing start pile up a few years back Road Atlanta? :)

BTW, good to hear!

10. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Oh, no! That was actually at the BRIC/KIC, a Road America summer historic event sanctioned by VSCDA! This one, right? http://i.pbase.com/v3/76/44376/1/46317479.bf071705019.jpg

11. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.

We might be more strict if all is true. "No Contact" is an absolute cornerstone of the series and we will be very strict with this.

12. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    At the Daytona event last year, there were 3 Audi Sport former ALMS cars running one of the HSR classes. Hardly the sort of car that private owners would take to an event where they might expect to get leaned upon! I think their message to us at the driver briefing was unqualified in their unwillingness to accept contact as means or excuse for anything.