FChat Forza 3 Racing league | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FChat Forza 3 Racing league

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Kieran, Feb 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What would you like to see?

1. Ferrari only

2. Different classes per round

3. Same class throughout season

4. Strict modification limits (see second post)

5. Any cars

6. No Assists

7. certain assists

8. endurance lapping

9. shorter races in rounds

10. qualifying

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. swaq

swaq Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    Starkville, MS
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I started braking too late and it was either rear-end you or try to go off the track without hitting anyone else. I tried to go off the track but ended up hitting Commanche69 instead. In retrospect I should have just tried to keep braking on the inside line. I would have cut you off but it wouldn't have severely damaged any cars...

You did a quite respectable mid to high 1:29.xxx, if I recall correctly, as your best lap time. My best lap was 1:28.7xx and I managed to lap SPEEDCORE. :eek:

Okay. How's that work anyway?

2. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll just gift you a cheap car and you put it up for $250k and I'll buy it back.

3. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Haha! My pleasure. :)

Don't worry about the manual thing. It's fun, don't change the restrictions just for me because I'm a Forza wimp. :) For the majority of the race, I recall being 3 or 4 seconds behind you. At one point, I was 1.8 seconds behind you. Then I spun out. :rolleyes: Well, if it was my fault for glitching then I apologize. I don't really know what to do to troubleshoot it. I don't play Forza on live that much. I think I played a total of 3 times when I was still on Forza 2.

How did you manage to get pictures?

Wow. I was so concentrated on shifting I wasn't even watching my times.

4. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    +1

Ive never known how to get pictures from a race and such.
    Id love to know!

5. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You have to wait until everyone finished a race and then save the replay and then go back and take pictures then. I'll have to get online later, I forgot the upload my pics to Live so I can't get them off the site now.

6. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Really?
    And does this work in a private race?
    Ive never seen the spot for saving a replay...

7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeap being 12000km away does that :eek: That's why I said I'd be reserve driver, still it's playable and when I wasn't in the wall it was fun :eek:

I have it on video. Will upload later :eek:

AHHHHH. I blame lag..... :eek: hahahaha.

Can you gift me the replay of the 1st race, I was going to click save but it changed to the next screen too quick. :(

The uploading pics is so annoying, esp deleting current pics to add more.

8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Making a movie is annoying you can't see what is being recorded till after you have uploaded the file. You just have to guess the time. I slowed it down to 40%.

Looks like I took that corner wrong and was under-steering off so had you not come in so hot you would of passed me anyway :eek:

http://www.coresworld.net/Forza3/kiss.wmv 5mb

9. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I look behind me and just see this huge collision, just missed it. I'll send you that replay next time I'm on.

10. swaq

swaq Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    Starkville, MS
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Haha, riiiiight.. :p

This was certainly not one of my better Forza moments...

Yeah, I really hate the way the movie making works in Forza 3. Plus, why does it have to make a .wmv?! That's so annoying; I couldn't get it to play on my Linux server (even with the proper packages) or my Mac (even though it has Windows Media Player!), and finally had to go to my Windows XP box which didn't work until I downloaded some codec... I don't have any speakers hooked up to my XP box, but oh well.

11. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    If it's not to late I'll jump in :)

I'll sort out a paint job this week sometime Gamertag: BMGfan

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Ok here is the play by play for the first 2 laps of the race. I really can't drive on cold tyres :eek:

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    1st corner #18 had the lead and #69 was 2nd but was taking the corner slower so I went on the inside not to hit him and I guess I was actually going too quick as I under-steered into him, you can see i'm on 2 wheels.

He then proceeds to hit #023 who spins out, I take 2nd. :eek:

I decide to take the long way around the corner and funny enough took the lead for a short period of time :eek:

By the end of the 1st lap I stuffed up the last corner and #69 took advantage of this and returned the tap, which made me tap the wall :eek:

Still struggling for grip #023 tries to pass me on the inside but I'm able to keep the place.

<<<<Watch video for accident>>>>

After the accident we are all in the grass, #69 and #023 both damaged and both end up pitting at the end of the lap.

We all pretty much lapped around the same pace so that's how the race ended :eek:

13. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #63 Carsleuth, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If you want, I'd be happy to make one for you. I've been dying to replicate this paint job.

14. swaq

swaq Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    Starkville, MS
    Full Name:
    Justin
    So it was your fault he hit me around the first corner!

15. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    Can we make this two days of the week? Because Saturdays won't work for me for the next three weeks :(

Maybe Thursdays and Saturdays?

Oh and I made myself a nice Gulf paintjob for the series :)

16. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    #66 Kieran, Mar 1, 2010
  17. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #67 4REphotographer, Mar 1, 2010
    You popped out of nowhere at that point, not expecting that. Still need to get my pictures up, I keep forgetting to upload them.

We can do a race thursday but I can't afford to sponsor. I'm working that night but should be off by 10pm (EST).

This is what I based my car off but I really need to start running my Tommy Hilfiger car again.

18. Savoy6

Savoy6 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2007
    Lago Vista, Tx
    Full Name:
    John
    yeah you arent going to get hit by me unless something else is going on. ill let you go and figure some other way around before i do that.
    remember nobody can see to their sides. im usually using the in car or hood view. so i know i cant. so call inside outside other persons car number. that usually helps and maybe the other guy will give you alittle more room if he knows youre there and has the room to give.
    if a big wreck like that happens we should probably all stop on the next straight following pit out and wait for everyone to gather back up and restart from there.

19. swaq

swaq Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    Starkville, MS
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I usually try to watch the distance meter thing in the top left of the screen to determine if someone is right next to me.

Sorry about ramming you. :(

20. Savoy6

Savoy6 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2007
    Lago Vista, Tx
    Full Name:
    John
    no worries. watching the video i was almost outta the way but 355 takes awhile to get going.

21. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    I always race on the hood when I'm online as opposed to interior, because you get the full rearview mirror. Making sure you are aware of your surroundings is a must if you don't want to start pissing people off. The right thumbstick controls the view, so you can always check your sides before making any sudden moves.

As for the stopping after a wreck, I'm going to have to disagree with you. This is a racing series, and I hope that's what we plan on doing. Sure, if someone gets messed up to the point that they can only go 10mph, maybe we'll "red flag" the race and let them pit and then restart from our original positions. I just don't want to keep starting and stopping if people keep crashing. As they say "Speed sets the pace, but consistency wins the race"

22. swaq

swaq Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    Starkville, MS
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The wheel doesn't have thumbsticks... :(

23. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    Suck it up.

just kidding ;)

Use the mirror wisely I guess???

24. swaq

swaq Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    Starkville, MS
    Full Name:
    Justin
    :p

With the mirror and distance display I can usually get a pretty good sense of my surroundings.

25. Savoy6

Savoy6 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2007
    Lago Vista, Tx
    Full Name:
    John
    i agree if people are crashing. but when its 3/4 of the field might be a good idea hehe.