FCA Tech Session Dave Helms Scuderia Rampante | FerrariChat

FCA Tech Session Dave Helms Scuderia Rampante

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by furmano, Jun 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Nice photos Furman. I see you got my 348 on the lift. Hopefully she is done soon. It was great to see everybody and the beautiful cars that were brought. Now, when's that next drive?

2. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Did Dave finally expand into the space next door (West) from the shop ? Looks like he has a little "showroom" space now :)

3. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Do I spy a Lusso? :)

What's up with the 430? Looks like a Challenge?

4. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Yes, he has expanded and yes there's a bit of a showroom.

Yes, that is a Lusso, a very nice one. I'm not sure the exact connection with Dave. If he is working on it or checking it out or storing it or brokering it or selling it.

The 360 is a Challenge car that is getting an engine overhaul.

One thing I came away is Dave is really diving deep into the electronic side of Ferrari's which of course have become very complex over the years.

-F

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    very nice clean and organized shop!

6. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Nice and clean shop!

7. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    Nice work on the photos Furmano.

While Dave is a true mechanical master, sure seems like he and his team are electrical experts too! I sure learned some interesting things -- and i can i personally say my 308 has never run better since Jenni crimped all my gold connectors on!

8. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    Furman,
    Sorry I missed you. I wanted to ask about the Bridgestones on your 328. I need some all season tires that will have some life in them. Since I didn't know what you look like, I wasn't able to track you down.

NO, the BBi is NOT for sale. Kris, Jenni and I have told Dave that he'd better be wearing two cups if he sells it because the three of us will all be waiting in the jimmy-kicking line to see if we can double him over. So if anyone makes an offer, just know that they are putting Dave's jewels in jeopardy.

9. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Totally, I was looking for you too but I had to bailout early. Your GTB looks great!

As far as the Bridgestones, so far, so good. I only have about 100 miles on them. They look a little puffy for my taste but they seem to ride well and have a progressive feel in the corners.

Ha ha, good to know.

-F

10. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    #11 furmano, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    One more picture from the drive up. What's that saying, something like driving a Ferrari on a road under construction is better than driving something else on a perfectly good road. :)

-F
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. daveshowey

daveshowey Karting

Apr 12, 2013
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    Yeah, until you blast a giant ball of asphalt! I have no idea how my bumper survived unscathed. She's a tough lady!