[FCA South Central] Third Annual Extravaganza - Rendezvous Houston! Apr. 1-3, 2005... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

[FCA South Central] Third Annual Extravaganza - Rendezvous Houston! Apr. 1-3, 2005...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rob lay, Jan 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #101 jknight, Apr 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The event was great. Grady and Tammy did a fantastic job with the rally and poker run (along with everything else) and thanks to every who did the hard "grunt" work to make this possible. We had a couple fun 100 mph runs during the rallies at various locations but no way could we have kept up with the Lambos as they passed us. We had food, food and more food over the weekend. A highlight for us was to be so "up close & personal" (especially when the driver's door was off) with the MC12 - that is some kind of awesome machine. We are very proud and pleased with our concorso award for Sophia (so is she!). We met very nice folks over the weekend.

The new prancing horse was awaiting us when we got home. She's really cute. No definite name yet but thinking of I'ma Star Too.

Carol & John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #102 rob lay, Apr 3, 2005
    Some of the 328. I would like to thank Jano for making the side skirts, hood, front under tray, and front bumper look perfect now. I would also like to thank Brian at www.zainomobiledetail.com for a great detail job. Unfortunately Jennie and I had to go through about 80 miles of a heavy storm Thursday night, but the car easily washed for the show and looked great as you can tell. I'm still a big fan of Chris Pound's (eggman) work www.visiblecare.com, but Chris doesn't do detailing for a living and is only available some weekends. I can highly recommend both of these guys, although Chris is a little cheaper as he does it more for the love of the cars than money. Brian is available M-F and can do a complete car in 2 hours with his team.

3. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    The event was definitely nice. I cant believe i missed most of it, not sure how that happened... But, it was cool to meet Rob And Dale(dr. who). I should of searched for that names and faces thread before I went though so id be able to recognize more people. The MC12 was very impressive. All in all it was a darn good show, definitely made my weekend. Ill be sure to become a FCA member asap so i can be part of the in crowd at future events, lol.

also, ill post some of the pics i took in a little...

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #104 rob lay, Apr 3, 2005
    I will probably forget a few, but some of the award winners you might know from FerrariChat.com...

Shawn won his class with the Dino.

John & Carol tied for 2nd with thier Mondial t.

Jeff & Diane Glaser got 4th in the poker rally.

The famous Dr. Who won the poker rally.

---

Jennie drove all the way home. Most of the way she was going about 80-85 mph. Here is a conversation a little later on though...

Rob: "Hmm, seems like you have been going a little faster the past 20 minutes."

Jennie: "Yes"

Rob: "Why?"

Jennie: "Because it is fun!"

Jennie, ya know, a 12 would have left that Jag in the dust. :D

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Pleasure to meet you Ryan. Get hooked up with Dale and Grady, they have some cool events down there.

6. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
  7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I didn't realize the 550 was your former car too.

You need to learn like I did not to post pics of your loved ones, they end up as backgrounds on the computer of others. :) It was nice meeting your daughter.

10. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    It was fun to meet the real Rob Lay and Jennie !!

I now understand why Grady put all the Lamborghinis in the back of the rally.

The L-cars were the (last) to launch from the pad.

This was to give the Ferraris a "head start" on the Hardy Toll road.

11. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hey watch it Tractor Boy! At least our cars have gas gauges that work. :)

12. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #113 ralfabco, Apr 4, 2005

Dale:

My gas gauge works. I was just having so much fun, that I did not pay attention. It was not my idea to bring the Lamborghini to a Ferrari party. I would not bring a Ferrari to a Lamborghini party. However I was cryin like a baby to Grady, because the Box was still in the shop having its belts changed. Grady realized the problem, and suggested I bring the Diablo. Heck I wanted to bring the Hayabusa. I knew the Diablo would grab the spotlight.

Look what happend at the San Jacinto Monument ? The bride passed up all the 4RE's for the Diablos. David, Luigi, and I asked the bride to "kindly" also take pics with the 4RE's. We knew the other drivers in the rally would be offended, by the brides indifference towards all the other cars. We even told her about the 430 !! She did not care about the 430, C.S., 250 GTO, and or the F50. Look at "all her choices" behind the blue 1999 VT.

13. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Damn, is Luigi's car blushing...

14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    So is anyone going to tell us the story behind the bride?

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I can make up one...

She really isn't a bride. She is a professional "dancer" and that is her costume. She was on her way to work and saw all these beautiful red cars passing. Attracted to the cars she followed them to the monument. This was her prime opportunity to "score"! She had failed in college at her M.r.s. degree, so this was another chance. Quite keen with men from her experience at the establishment, she bypassed the stately men in the red cars for the "attainable". :D :D :D

16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    She's Uma Thurman, she's got a grudge, and she's looking for something fast to chase down David Carradine and his Mangusta.

17. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Rob:

My red chariot was also there. It was not just the color of the cars. We were "forced" to put the cars in the middle of the road. It was almost like turning down a child in a candy store. What were we to do ? We did not want to look like snobs, from some fancy marque. Remember we did ask her to take pics with the other cars. I do not know about Luigi's feeling towards this matter, but I was a little embarressed by her indifference towards the other cars. I knew it would cause problems down the road. We realized that some of the other enthusists, would be somewhat offended by the slap in their face. Also. - There was no conspiracy. Please put those theories to rest. There was no set-up by a (fake) bride. We did not pitch-in, to have the bride take pics with only the Diablo.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Conspiracy! ;)

19. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    HOLY CRAP! You guys must have had a blast! Anyone need a personal assistant to go with them next time?? Just kidding....well, only partially. The MC12 is beautiful, but for me....the F430 steals the show (at least in the pictures). Glad to hear you guys had fun. Weather was great for it.

20. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    For us the car that "steals the show" was the '73 Daytona - absolutely stunning Ferrari in every sense of the word.

Carol

21. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I spent the weekend taking care of sick kids while my wife was in St.Louis with a friend.....I was all set for a "guys weekend" with the boys - zoo on Friday, soccer games and movies and popcorn Sat. night, look at Ferrari's on Sunday...but first one kid got sick, then another, then a 3rd....then the third also decided he needed to throw up in addition to having strep throat...the 4th got sick yesterday.... sorry I missed all the fun but sometimes duty calls. :(

22. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Didn't anybody take pics of Jano's gorgeous blue/cream 348 spider?

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jano won people's choice or something like that last year, don't want to give him TOO much attention! :)

Jennie and I got 2nd in the rally last year, so with MM and Dawn not there we were really going for the win. Found out we got 6th place out of the 40 teams or so. Winner scored 97 or 98 points and we had 94. We tried hard, our pack of cars got turned away from driving through a park which had at least two points. Cops had promised the organizers they wouldn't block anyone, but they did. :( So most teams were able to get those points before the blocking. The only other place we lost out big was a short one block stretch that had 4 clues. Normally you just drive through slow and nail them all, this was getting close to lunch and the road was jammed pack, so we just had to flow with traffic and only got 2.

Next year Jennie and I will get them! No, we're not competitive. :)

24. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    Those were very great pictures, Especially of the 430. Quite orgasmicc to the sight...Yet another reason why I need to get a Ferrari. Looks like ya'll had some serious fun.

bump again ^ No video though??