FCA SOUTH CENTRAL REGIONAL EVENT | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FCA SOUTH CENTRAL REGIONAL EVENT

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Chewys5, Jun 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Geeze Kurt! Are you brain dead??? Nobody actually DRIVES these cars!!!
    (laughing) (how goes the fixing of the Brett hatchet job?)

2. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Restore to originality. Keep it in great shape. Understand well the IAC/PFA judging sheets.

3. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    After replacing the crumpled front sheetmetal (golly, we couldn't see that as we were taping it to the wadded metal for paint , eh....), the RF corner is no longer an inch lower than the LF, and all the other body lines into the doors and A-pillars magically lined-up beautifully. The body is corrected, lovely, and the new paint has cured. Now, it's down to the details, and installing new/reconditioned parts as we have them, can find them, or get them back from refinishing.

I visited Bob Smith this morning with a list of things (both 400GT and Boxer) for his trip to Italy next week, and found a couple of things in his parts rooms/bins to cut down that list. Looking for a good polisher for some trim pieces - the new vs old is slight, but noticeable.

Patrick (doing the work on my cars, did the finish work on the Thomassima's chassis) said that he saw what must have been your car at the Boardwalk event - I missed due to a series of parental catastrophes that had me just plain too-worn-out, but if I'd known you'd be there, i would have made more of an effort (I missed your thread about the starter issue).
    Progress is slow, but moving in very much the right direction.

Restored, with some carefully chosen/executed usability upgrades. Judges may frown upon better, aluminum integrated radiator/oil cooler with actually-functional shrouding/fans, and exterior mirrors that work, but they're why both will be driven as much as they will be (and the Boxer was).

4. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R

If mileage gave you points Tillman and I should Have walked away with trophies. ( All joking aside I would rather a member win. It means a lot more to them then it does me )

Thank you for all the help Jeff!! I know you helped out a lot.

5. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Thank you.

Jeff

6. daviddallas

daviddallas Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    OK. This is what helped me out. I have a 2005 f430 with just under 23k. Car is in great condition but it did have aftermarket stereo system, work I thought world hurt big time. Not I also had extras like tool kit, tire pump, and fire extinguisher

Thanks for posting and judging

7. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think there should have been an award for the guy who came the farthest with a broken car.

8. daviddallas

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...

9. daviddallas

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    ARG - POSTED ABOVE FROM PHONE. and didn't see a way to edit. I thought there was..

REPOST:

OK. This is what helped me out. I have a 2005 f430 with just under 23k miles, first place winner in Modern V8. Car is in great condition but it did have an aftermarket stereo system, which I thought would hurt big time in points. I also had extras like OEM tool kit, tire pump, and fire extinguisher. So those problem helped..

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    That's the "Fix It Again, Tony" award. I seem to recall that I won it once. The same event prompted my purchase of a fire extinguisher. :)

11. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I think it says a lot about our group when a group came over to do what ever they could to help. I am glad you came out!!

12. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks. You know considering my car is a stick it was really a non-event. All it took was a couple of Dallas guys with energy to burn to give me a shove, pop the clutch, and away we went. We made it all the way back to Houston without any trouble since I just left it running when I stopped for gas. Next week I'll find the connection or wire that is acting up.
    (an 80's Ferrari with an electrical problem; who would have guessed? :D)

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You spend some time with Shawn as I prescribed? Did you laugh although Shawn doesn't? Did your liver cry for mercy the next day?

14. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    The only time my liver cries or my life is in danger is when you are in close range Rob!! Lol. I truly wish I had more time to hang out with you. I need to head down to Houston just for that purpose.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Dave is a kick although he's a wino and wife sunbathes topless.

16. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    (Laughing) Guilty on both counts.
    Yep spent some time with Sean and a few others. Good time was had by all. Don't know about my liver...still can't find it.

17. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Lol!! Next time, we will have stories we can't post. THAT HAS NEVER EVER HAPPENED ON FCHAT!!

18. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Uh oh....

Watch your liver, Dave.
    I thought mine could filter crude by this point, but wow, Shawn is dangerous :D

19. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R

Dangerous is such a STRONG word. About 80 proof strong?

20. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    80 proof x 750ml x2.....

21. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #121 Rifledriver, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    No. That idea has been specifically excluded by the IAC/PFA and I would get with the FCA Chief Judge for the reasoning behind it.

In any event we have had a number of Platinum level cars with 6 figure mileage. No reason in my opinion to start considering a factor that is so easily manipulated the way they are by the few clubs that still cling to it.

22. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #122 Rifledriver, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    It was not an IAC/PFA sanctioned show due to the shortage of trained judges. There are only 5 in the entire region and some of those were unable to attend.

Since it was not an IAC/PFA event many criteria and related deductions are not applicable and many normally judged items were not scored at all so using it as a resource for future events will be misleading.

The next FCA Regional will be a full on IAC/PFA event.

The concours judging was run by Bob Smith and he has all the paperwork.

23. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Preservation awards are typically only at the National FCA events. They could be done here, that needs to be discussed.

Jeff, if you were familiar with IAC/PFA judging procedures you would not say that about restored cars vs unrestored cars. This was as I recall the only event you have judged and you stepping up at the last minute was welcome but our employed methodology that day was not representative of a properly judged IAC/PFA process. That day, we simply could not do it.

Your future participation is welcome though. We are already laying ground work for next years regional and it will be a full on IAC/PFA event. I am recruiting people who are serious about judging.

Bob Smith ran the judging, he has all the paperwork. Not sure it will provide what people are looking for though.

24. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    If you could contact me on what I need to do to get certified as a judge. I would be interested in perusing it. You can never know enough.

25. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Be happy to.

You guys did a great job but as you know we need a number of people in place for that program for future regionals and a future national event.