FCA Quebec chapter Events | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FCA Quebec chapter Events

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bernardo66, Mar 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    And we're going on the Saturday!

2. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Soccer & cars surely target the same demographic. Plus both events attract much of the "general" public so there's no way attendance won't be affected....

Unless somehow you end up with Denmark vs Senegal in the final but even at that....

3. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Saturday should be fine, the only game played will be "3rd place" which no one cares about...I gotta make sure not to miss this outing next year...

4. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Let's get to 2014 first.

I already got some e-mails regarding this event and my first reaction was: "can I first get to Dec 31st 2013?!"

I know...I'm a curmudgeon.

5. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Gotta talk to you about Montebello by the way. Had a meeting with the head of the establishment and they are really going to embrace the event for next year and are going to reserve the entire second floor for us....looks very very promising.

Tentative dates are sept.14 or sept.28. I want to make sure not to interfere with the Dream drive and make sure both events are at least 2 weeks apart. We'll need to speak (definetly before dec.31st), I'll call you tomorrow....besides I need to bring you your gala tickets.

6. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Dream Drive is slated for the 14th of Sept 2014, as is the VEA's 40th anniversary party. :(

7. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Aaaaah for me it's all about the cars.....

8. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Is there a track day?

9. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    - April 26: Cars’n’Coffee (weather permitting)
    - May 9: Annual dinner
    - May 24: Spring Run (location to be determined)
    - June 7: Canadian Grand Prix Party
    - June 13-14-15: Ottawa Ferrari Festival*
    - June 28: Ferrari Festival / Circuit Mt. Tremblant*
    - July 6: Fiat Breakout*
    - July 26: Summer Run (location to be determined)
    - August 16: Ferragosto Run (location to be determined)
    - September 14: Ferrari Dream Drive
    - September 28: Raduno Montebello*
    - October 11: Autumn run (rain date the 18th)

Details for the events will be announced as soon as they are available and notices will be sent out to the FCA members as they are confirmed.

*non FCA Quebec chapter events

10. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Although I did answer you offline, I came across some info that others may like.

It seems that the owners of Circuit Mt. Tremblant do hold track/lapping dates during the summer seasons.

LeCircuit.com

It seems open to anyone who wants to go. You just need to contact them for info.

11. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Bernie, I see nothing about the ''sommet des légendes'', is it still unofficial? June 28 for Festival Ferrari I would have to take 2 sick days because my Schedule end June 30th. But if there is NO sommet des légendes I will Schedule to be at Ferrari Festival.

12. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Claude, I think Bernie forgot to put it on but I'm pretty sure that the Sommet des Légendes outing is on the schedule for the saturday 12th of July. Bernie and most of us don't want to miss the vintage Ferrari races.

The other festival seems like the "sunday" 29th is the best option as indicated by the ticket prices here but I'm not sure which day the FCA will decide to attend:

LeCircuit.com

The start of GP weekend will mark the start of 6 very busy weeks for the MTL Ferrari community. There is an activity every single weekend except for the 3rd week of June...better plan more budget for Gas!

13. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I deleted the summit of Legends because is seems that Ferrari is no longer the featured "marque". From all appearances the Ferrari Festival that is now taking place on the 27-28-29th of June will feature the vintage Ferraris as well as the Challenge series.

However, nothing stops anyone from attending Legends.

What can I say, this year's schedule will be a constant work in progress. ;)

BTW Fab, Saturday would be a better day to attend the Ferrari Festival as most guys would rather spend Sundays with their families, and the traffic back to Montreal on the Sunday is not pleasant.

Claude, Summit is still taking place. It's just not on the FCA schedule.

14. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Thanks guys it is good to know. If the sommet des légendes is not longer the Ferrari event I prefer to plan on Festival Ferrari. My plan is to go with the RV and car in the trailer so I may be there for a little while and travel around the area chasing the Ferrari event. No sure yet but this is a possibility.

15. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Wow, I had no idea....? Thanks for the info. I will make sure to update my schedule.

16. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Thanks for that Bernie! I'll talk to the boys here and see if we can make a weekend of it.

17. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Bernie, I'm trying to figure which event I will focus on for this summer. I need something in July to be easier for me to Schedule. Can you tell me more about the SUMMER RUN. If this is a drive with a bunch of Ferrari I'd like that. Do I need to be a FCA member?

18. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    For the runs, the dates have been set aside, but the itineraries haven't yet been confirmed.

The layout is basically the same for all these runs. We meet at a designated spot, go for a drive as a caravan, and stop somewhere for a visit/lunch.

The runs (in principal) are for FCA members...and thier guests. ;)

19. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Gents,

As has been announced to the FCA Qc chapter members, I’ve decided to step down as chapter president. Having been on the board since 2007 (and as president since 2010), I find that the time is right to pass the torch.

I can tell you that the experience has been very rewarding. I’ve made new friends and I’ve had the privilege to meet and court people from every social echelon. Granted that the experience hasn’t been without its frustrations; but if you want to prove yourself as an F1 driver, then you also have to drive in the wet. ;)

That said I won’t be far from the club and the board. I will still be involved in one way or another. I simply will no longer carry the president’s cap.

:)

20. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    For the first activity of 2014, the FCA invites you to join us for an informal Cars'n'Coffee on Saturday April 26 starting at 9:30AM.

Our gathering will take place at the garage of one our members, at 3472 rue Commandant, Laval Qc H7E 0A1.

Join us to chat, catch up and enjoy some coffee and a light breakfast.

If you wish to attend, simply PM me here on F-Chat.

In case of rain, this event will be cancelled.

21. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Guys, just a little heads up.

The Car'n'Coffee scheduled for this Saturday April 26th, will take place rain or shine

22. regferrari

regferrari Rookie

Apr 14, 2013
    any members from south shore (candiac or nearby ) going...

23. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #223 bernardo66, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    If our chapter vp and his brother come, then yes there would be a delegation from the South Shore. My events chairman is coming, and he is in Boucherville.

24. montreal328

montreal328 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2009
    Qué
    Full Name:
    Eric
    ''events chairman'' sounds so official!

25. regferrari

regferrari Rookie

Apr 14, 2013
    vp is on my street he can reach me at no 42

we can go together