FCA INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE MEET | FerrariChat

FCA INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE MEET

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Sergio Tavares, Nov 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    I met a man (Riley, forget name sorry) and he talk about 2021 Experience Meet in Oregon and he said President Erik had asked many to go to Arizona for comments. Apologies of this is the wrong place but this is how we see it

1) The Theme "Horses and Horespower" was irrelevant and made no connection to any activity or any car

2) There was no featured car that was cause to increase people or connection and only 2 weeks before it was said a 333 for display there. The feature car was to increase connection and attending people but may have changed now?
    3) They plan for 250 persons and sold 700+ tickets. The 3 overload hotels had scary parking according to owners there.
    Then they ask no person to drive their Ferrari.
    Crazy

4) The Concours was not on the deep green golf course but on the parking lot of dry brown grass area If you have extra 450 people that attend, that seems almost 400,000 Euro extra to spend on such nicer things or only having food truck food.

5) The Concours was fun and had many, many beautiful Schedoni trophy on display table but at the end, after trophies presentation and handed out, we went up to the table. There were still many, many trophies on the table!
    The man was putting many, many trophies away in a box not to cars. We ask why? He said that many cars did not show, that they did not meet quality or there were not enough in class to get award. This to me is unbelievable

6) At the guest speaker Lucca, special from Italy with great history, he is cut short during presentation because of time.

7) We drive to Lake Pleasant on the pleasure drive for Friday and am stuck in terrible traffic.

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

I was there as well and not for the first time by far.

1. A play on words based on their Western Heritage.
    2. There was a change in that due to some confusion. Had zero impact one way or the other.
    3. The planned attendance is a guess based on many factors and is never considered a limitation. Due to the time of year, lack of famous race track etc attendance was expected to be considerably lower than it actually was. Sorry it was more successful than you expected. Who asked no person to drive their Ferrari? I guess a few hundred of us never heard that.
    4. The concours was not in a parking area. It was on the grassy field of a park.
    5. All but class trophies are given out at the award dinner that I guess you didn't attend. Always done that way.
    6. Luccas travel plans met with difficulty and his assigned time slot was not possible due to it. Not a reflection on the event organizers in any way.
    7. Traffic????? Fact of life I am afraid. Considerable construction going on that was 100% unforeseeable when event was planned.

Sorry it wasn't perfect. A lot of volunteer help makes those happen and I have been very involved in a few of them. I have a great appreciation for how well it did go based on that. After you have done a few you might feel the same way.

bball16, f355spider and Willdief like this.
  3. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Sergio,

I would suggest that you get involved with your 2021 Annual Experience so you can make a positive impact in making your event successful. These are huge undertakings to pull off and the organizers always need quality help to address the myriad issues. Also, as you become involved it may become apparent the "why" on certain situations.

2021 will be the 58th consecutive annual club wide gathering. The first was Detroit in 1964.

4. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We traveled from Long Island and trucked 7 cars there. It was absolutely the most positive experience we could have had. The parking at the Doubletree was outstanding and in a roped off area at the back of the hotel. We hit traffic one time on the road leading into Scottsdale at 5pm after driving at ridiculous mph all over the mountains. A very small price to pay. I think they did a fantastic job with the venue and the organization of things and I made it a point to tell them so.

Rifledriver likes this.
  5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have to say that I am looking forward to it!

It would be great if we could somehow do something with World of Speed as a part of this.

6. pvolny

pvolny Rookie

May 23, 2015
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Full Name:
    Peter I. Volny

7. pvolny

pvolny Rookie

May 23, 2015
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Full Name:
    Peter I. Volny
    Sergio - I was the Chairman of the event so I'd like to clarify some things. Since Scottsdale is billed as "The West’s Most Western Town" we

8. pvolny

pvolny Rookie

May 23, 2015
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Full Name:
    Peter I. Volny
    Sergio - I was the Chairman of the event so I'd like to clarify some things, but also apologize if the event did not meet your expectations.
    Believe when I say that a very dedicated group of very hard working volunteers put their hearts and souls into this.
    1. Since Scottsdale is billed as "The West's Most Western Town" we adopted Horsepower & Horses" as our theme, and in fact built many of the activities around this theme. We had a western themed night which was immensely popular. We had four authentically dressed cowgirls on horses at the Concours. We had drives that included lunches at western places like the Palace Saloon which opened in 1877.
    2. The featured car was the 333SP and we even had Arie Luyendyk and Didier Theys attend several events - they co drove the car to win the Daytona 24 Hours and Sebring.
    3. Due to a last minute scheduling conflict Luca dal Monte arrived a day later than originally expected so we had to squeeze his seminar in between other activities, but it did last an hour and was also immensely popular. Luca stayed to sign copies of his books.
    4. The road in front of the hotel was having a water pipe replaced but we worked with the Road Department to minimize disruption.
    5. The Concours was held on two dead flat soccer fields but this is Arizona so grass tends to be not so green.
    6. There was a large tent where those with F1 & F2 passes had a complimentary lunch. The food trucks were really for spectators who did not have passes.
    7. When we were awarded the meet over two years ago we were told to expect 250 - 300 people so frankly we were taken by surprise with some 700 and did the best we could.
    8. Some people left before the awards presentation but will be sent their awards.
    As others have said please do volunteer in your area as despite the work involved it is very rewarding to see so many happy people and make so many new friends - after all that's what any club is about.
    Peter

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I just did a 3 year renewal on my FCA membership to ensure that I will still be a member when the national meet comes to Portland.

docster likes this.