DFW - FCA DFW Weekend of Events 6/5 & 6/6 | FerrariChat

DFW FCA DFW Weekend of Events 6/5 & 6/6

Discussion in 'Texas' started by SAFE4NOW, Jun 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    If the weather will work with us we have several things going on this weekend:

Saturday
    7:30am Breakfast at Bic's
    9:00am Garages & Gearheads at Garages of Texas Carrollton
    11:00am Venue walk through in NE Ft Worth
    12:00pm Lunch at Joe T Garcia's

Sunday
    9:00am Sunday Morning Drive
    11:00am F1 watching party ( SMD ends at watching party )

We would love to have you out for one or all of the above events!

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Getting the car, but Mia has Cross Country Saturday morning .

I’ll get out to one soon.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
  4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Saturday Morning started early, filled up with gas, then grabbed some cash for lunch, pulled in to Bics for breakfast at 7:30.

The weather was not working with us just yet. Wipers were in use...The good news was that 2 Ferrari still braved the weather to make it out. As we kept adding tables as members continued to show up, the skies cleared up, so that by the time everyone finished breakfast, the top came down on the Cali T!

Shawn R reserved several parking spots for us and guided us in as we arrived at Garages of Texas Carrollton, thank you Shawn!

We met several other members who beat us there including a newly acquired Roma! 2 hours flew by and it was time for us to take off.

Next severn of us caravaned over to far North Ft Worth for a quick visit Tim N with Texas Collector Car Storage and Club... nice new facility and defiantly a continder for an upcoming F1 watching party!

After that we regrouped and took a short urban drive over towards the stockyards and Joe T Garcia’s
    More members and enthusiast joined us as we waited in line ... first to sit on the patio, but then we thought better of it and enjoyed sitting inside in the a/c while enjoying an extended lunch.

After lunch we then headed over to visit Hardway Classic Cars for a private tour of all the fantastic inventory... to be honest I forgot to ask if it was OK to post pictures of the cars so I’ll just include one of my favorites below... those who know, know.

After I don’t know how long we were there, we headed for our last unscheduled stop of the day. Chris W needed to pick I have a pair of replacement cooling fans for his 30 wait, we’re better to do that in the metroplex you ask, summit racing master distribution center in Arlington of course!

Well, that’s my quick narration of today, I am sure I left some things out, but that’s a nice overview.

More to follow

Steve

rob lay likes this.
  5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    based on internet search that is at 820 and 35W?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    So cute that Chris and Sam shared a taco! :)

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
  8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    jimpo1 likes this.
  9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Sunday morning started off a little better, no rain in the forecast and the clouds were burning off quickly. By the time I reached the rally starting point, the sun was out in full force. Members arrived, grabbed some coffee, topped off their gas, and we were off. Because the weather was working in our favor, we took the long route heading up through New Hope, towards Blue Ridge, Merit, then back down to Farmersville, over across the lake towards Princeton, to our final destination for the F1 watching party!

Stuart Singer of Stuart’s Paint & Body welcomed the club into his home where he had catered lunch , brunch style mimosas, fruits, and more! Everyone gathered around the pool to watch the race and enjoy Stuart’s hospitality. There was truly something for everyone, even the kids who enjoyed themselves in the swimming pool. Thank you Stuart for hosting the members in your home, we appreciate you!

A special thank you to Pantea P for driving all the way to Princeton just to make sure the A/V portion was set up and ready to go in time! The members appreciate you going the extra mile to make sure everything went smoothly! Thank you!