[FCA DFW] 2nd Annual Poker Run - May 22nd, 8:30am at LoD... | FerrariChat

[FCA DFW] 2nd Annual Poker Run - May 22nd, 8:30am at LoD...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rob lay, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Registrations are now open for our 2nd Annual Poker Run on Saturday, May 22nd.

What is a Poker Run? It is an organized driving event on public streets where the group meets at a starting location and each team is given a “poker” card and directions to the next location to receive another poker card. Awards based on final Poker hands.

Where does it start? Lamborghini of Dallas’ new location at 2405 Crown Road on the Southwest corner of 635 and the I-35 interchange sponsors stop #1! Meet at 8:30 am for a personalized tour w/coffee and pastries! LoD has many Ferraris in stock and also works on them.

Registration and more information can be found here...

http://65.109.244.200/events/2004-Poker-Run/PokerRun2_Entry_Final.doc

To see all the fun we had last year...

http://65.109.244.200/poker2003.shtml

To see the TXCN coverage of the 2003 Poker Run (28MB)...

http://65.109.244.200/videos/NewsSegment.wmv

This year we'll be on the road until about 1, then we'll be at a good location for lunch and hanging out the rest of the day, if you want.

Thanks,
    FCA DFW

2. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I got our first entry last week...1 guy...2 ferraris...360 spider and a 575.
    I drove the route this past saturday and it was good. 140 miles I think.

Got group parking at final destination and maybe the patio, but we'll be grouped either way.

Llast year was a bit long and people got hungry etc I apologize for that. This year please eat some muffins at lambo so you won't starve and wait til we get to final dest to eat. They are being kind enough to reserve a spot for about 35 to 40 people so we look like jerks if we don't eat their food.

Also, this year lets try to stay together for several reasons. First, it is fun to travel as group. I like to see all the cars and so does the public. Secondly, we lost Rodney and Marci last year because we all hauled off from FoD. Thirdly, we lost some others along the way due to traffic lights, toll tags etc.

I may also get us videoed by a third party so we get footage from OUTSIDE the cars and plenty of it.

Last year we had 19 cars and about 38 people I think so lets break that record!

Hope to see you there.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think staying in small packs is good. If we try to keep 20-30 cars together it will take us until 5pm to finish. You can go off on your own pace if you want, but it is more fun to be together.

Paul and Luis were at San Antonio. They traded the 360 couple in for a beautiful Azzuro Blue 575. They're looking forward to the event again.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'd like to attend but I was told you must be a FCA member.

5. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

You'll have to clarify that with Rob. The FCA required is because we have to buy insurance as it is an FCA sanctioned event. Last year we had folks who were not members, but we let it slide I think. Not sure on this year.

Rob??

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    As I recall, it was the drivers that had to be FCA members, passsengers weren't required to be members.

7. TAHOECRS

TAHOECRS Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    DALLAS TX
    Full Name:
    CHAD STEVENS
    i am in, not sure though if my dad will be able to go and if he cant then i will be looking for someone with a open passenger seat. I have been looking forward to this all year

8. TAHOECRS

TAHOECRS Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    DALLAS TX
    Full Name:
    CHAD STEVENS
    is there a fee if i am just a passenger? do i still need to fill out the form or just show up?

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    To the best of my knowledge, all the drivers last year were FCA members and that's required again. So far we've only been strict about requiring FCA memberships for the driving events because it's needed by insurance. Last year we only had one driving event, but this year we'll have at least one more. For all of those that attend most of the other FCA events, you really need to get a FCA membership. Our idea is to let people see what the club is about and then join if they want to continue hanging out.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    no, but you'll need to find someone. passenger seats are hard to come by for this event.

11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

I'm sorry, but I don't think I know who you are. Would you mind filling out your profile? Just follow this link

Thanks

And Rob is right, passenger seats are hard to come by. Best to start making your plans now.

--t

12. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Didn't we have 3 or 4 open seats last year? Don, Paul, Luis, and Jano all drove solo as I recall.

13. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Jimpo is right. I'm thinking of just renting the 355 spider from lineback adn taking a friend or wife.

14. sue308

sue308 Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Susan Hawley
    What's the deadline for getting the form to Jim?

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We'll take day of registrations, but we prefer if you mail it 2 weeks ahead of time. Thanks.

16. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

As Rob said we just want you to show up, but I am buying some things and I want to have enough, but not 50 extras either.

17. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    i had jayson in my car last year.

18. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Did you get my mail?

19. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

yeah and I replied to it if you are talking about the private email on fchat.

20. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Nope, snail mail....

21. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

may come today. so far all I have is one entry for 2 cars.

22. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Jim,

Give me a call when you get time. I want to discuss some of the details for that morning at Lambo Dallas.

Jonathan P

23. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Jim, thanks for replying PM.
    I will mail you application & the check tomorrow. FCA still hasn't gotten back.

Does anyone know who I should contact? I e-mailed to Chris Algrim & Chris Parr so far...

24. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I noticed the registration form asks for our FCA number. I am an FCA member, but have no idea what my number is. My membership card didn't even come with my name on it, I had to write it in myself (FCA could learn a little from the PCA). How do I go about getting my number so I can fill out the registration?