FCA AT VIR!! Let the good times roll! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FCA AT VIR!! Let the good times roll!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Ricambi America, Apr 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
  2. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Fellows,

That wasn't just ANY 288 GTO... it was the ONLY factory-prepared (Michelotto) 288 GTO race car ever made.

I remember when Tom took that car to SCCA driver's school in 1986 at Charlotte and blew off some GT-1 guys that later raced Trans-Am! It was really cool...

Nice to see the old Rockingham crowd out. Reminds me of the old days... <grin>

-Peter

3. ferrarilou

ferrarilou Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    US
    Full Name:
    Lou Menditto
    My 2 kids and I had a terrific time at VIR this weekend. Many thanks to the organizers and sponsors. It takes a lot of time and money to put up these events, and I'm very happy to be able to participate in such events. I've done business with each of the sponsors, and plan to continue to do so. My additional thanks to Sport Auto for arranging a ride in a Lambo for the daughter's friend who had come with us to try some rides. They actually went out special to give her a ride. Thanks! Also many thanks to Ferrari of Washington for doing me a huge favor by hooking up their SD2 to adjust my clutch engagement so as to eliminate some startup slip and to diagnose a non-fatal Check Engine Light. They had done a great job on my original clutch replacement, but I thought I had toasted it after my last track event. Luckily it was only some initial wear so the adjustment did the trick. They invested more time in the process than I ever expected and the car was a joy to drive sans worries. We (3 drivers) drove it in both lights and touring - every session :)

4. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
  5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#80 Ricambi America, May 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    First off, glad you guys made it back to school safely.

Hey man, don't knock the RX - it was/is a blast to drive! Thanks for letting me take it out. (And a big thanks as always to your whole family for giving me so much seat time in the 360!) That little RX is tricked out quite nicely and just will not give up! Much, much better than the last one I drove, which was street stock.

Great seeing you again Rob (and Adam, and your mom & dad.)
    The 360 was the most popular for the corner worker rides at the end of the day! I had people virtually fighting over who was riding next. :)

Hope to see you again soon and at least at the next XM event (Instr. Clinic)
    Cheers,
    Chuck

7. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Is it just me or are the "best legs @ berry hill" labeled as being some guy with shorts? How about the lady dressed in white?

8. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    That's not just any guy in the shorts!

LOL

9. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow

Those legs are in urgent need of some ricambi.

10. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Now that's funny. LOL. Btw I about forgot to thank Daniel and eveyrone else that gave me a ride in there cars.

11. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Anybody have the time and ability to edit about 2 hours of HDV tape of the event?

12. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Anybody have the time and ability to edit and post about 2 hours of HDV tape of the event?

13. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    I have an Avid Xpress Pro and a Pinnacle Pro 10 system that can edit HDV. The issue is I don't have the time (or experience w/HD yet) to crank out an edit. At least not for a few months.

If no one else steps up and you don't have an expected time frame for the result, send me an email and we may be able to work it out.

Or, if you know how to use Avid, your welcomed to come here and edit it on my system.

Cheers,
    Chuck

14. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    I got your back

I have a complete HD avid system and a compete Final Cut Pro HD get up as well...

pm me, and send me some of those pics :)

-a

15. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005

Hey Chuck, no problem. The car is in much safer hands with you then with any of us... The RX-8 really is a lot of fun to drive, just wish it had a little bit more torque. Did you make sure the corner workers got a few good laps in each? I was kinda worried that there wouldn't really be anyone left to give them rides at the end of the day... thanks for the tips you gave me there at the end, I'll definitely try to keep practicing with those. Will you be up there again for the full course school on Fathers day weekend? If you are let me know, and I may just have to request you as an instructor.

Speaking of XM, when is the next event? I know the next actual school is July 22nd, but when is the next Instructor Clinic? Another problem is Adam and I will be staying up here in lexington again this summer, but it will definitely be easier for us to come down on the weekends.

See you around Chuck

16. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    I had stayed as well as my buddy Antonio (red 348 Challange) and gave rides till the end.. I didnt want to get off the track , but at 6:30 I was made too :)

-a

17. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Let me guess...girls only for your rides?? Get anything in return?? LOL ;)

18. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#93 Ricambi America, May 3, 2006
    Careful, there Jim! I kiss *and* tell.

Check out the passenger helmet in this picture:

(BTW, I'll post the link to some OUTSTANDING photos by David Friend, a local tifosi who also took these pix)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    I was able to pick out that helmet from some of these pics while checkin the albums at school (working... naturally ;)). Glad to see the 348 gettin worked ;)

20. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#95 Ricambi America, May 3, 2006
  21. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Robert,
    With the lug stud broken on the RX, it got packed early, so the 360 was the only car to use for corner worker rides - dangit :0) They got some good rides though, as I recall, there was the 348C (mentioned above by Aaron), a 355, and the 360 (yours) of ferrari make and one Porsche 911. We all stayed pretty much till the bitter end, with Aaron and I being the last two up. We all made sure the workers were well taken care of, as they deserve it. I felt kinda bad as your dad was over there at the trailer working and then waiting, while I was out blasting around in the 360 with the top down. The generosity just continually amazes me - You are an awesome family!!

As it stands right now, I will not be up for the Father's day school as far as I know. I will be a the next couple of THSCC schools (Roebling & Rockingham) and at the November Ferrari date that Daniel has booked. If you can make it to the June 16th THSCC Instructor's clinic at Roebling, come on down, it'll be a good show!

The XM Instructor Clinic is June 24th @ LMS. I really hope you can make that one as well as Adam and your dad - it will be worth your while and will gain you recognition with the powers that be in the organization. If you know what I mean.

Let me know if you guys come back this way to visit the folks during the summer and we'll all get together for dinner or something.

Cheers,
    Chuck

22. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
  23. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    28-29 April 2007