FCA AT VIR!! Let the good times roll! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FCA AT VIR!! Let the good times roll!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Ricambi America, Apr 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    Gracias, those will help out a lot.

2. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    No sweat...I'll see you there...please introduce yourself. I'll be the guy making everyone mad at the pit in/out =)

Steve

3. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    We're paying for camping on South Course Friday and Saturday, so the gates will be open later to drop stuff off.

-Peter (the guy at pit out at South Paddock watching the Birdcage and the TdeF race!)

4. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    I haven't gotten any registration materials either. I'll use the inspection form from the earlier event.

ken

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Ken -- Call or email Bob Snow (resnow) today. I don't think the papers used in March will work for this event. Just call him and ask.

See ya in a a few days!!!

6. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
  7. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So is the concours Saturday evening? I'll have to rely on pictures if it is.

8. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Yes...Saturday evening. The track will be going till 5pm, but some folks may want to leave a bit early to go and get ready for the concours. It will be quite the picture...that is for sure!

Steve

9. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Steve, from Dayton, OH mapquest says to take 35E-25S-52E-I64E-I77S-58E-360E. I heard to avoid Lovers Leap from a guy who takes a semi to Viper Days, so maybe he is in a different frame of mind. I drive a Blk Ram 1500 Quad AWD with Red 22' enclosed trailer (7K lbs) that says "Boxer12" on the doors. See you there. I am bringing the Viper so I can run slicks. ;)

10. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    If I have guests that want to attend may I leave their name at the gate? Anything else required?

Thanks,

Ken

11. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    #61 Boxer12, Apr 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Check this out, we can do some combat training when not driving!
    The Citadel Firearms Training Facility
    VIR's Citadel Firearms Training Facility incorporates a 360º range, permitting users to fire in any direction. This 60-yard range perimeter overlaps, for ballistic protection, while leaving a roadway for access. Users may safely practice firearms tactics in conjunction with vehicle operations, i.e. mounts; dismounts; engaging targets and escaping; and firing from the vehicle. A second rifle range, outside the Citadel, provides a flat range with known distances of 100, 200 & 500 yards. Firing positions on the long-range can be extended to an unknown distance up to 1000 yards. Both ranges accommodate 20+ shooters simultaneously.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Jim, sadly the NC crew doesn't even bother with such formal training areas. I've seen them engage in full combat operations on track, on road, and frankly, just about anywhere a screaming V8 or 12 has enough room to rev.

Nomex is for wimps. We wear kevlar.

13. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Oh btw the ABC store is only 3-4 miles from VIR off of Route 119 in Semora NC. I kept on passing it all the time and I thought it was just a Tobacco Barn off on the side of the road. You just have to remember not to buy any alky Saturday morning or not to bring it to the track. Just drop by there after the Track time on Saturday and pick you up a bottle.

14. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Time to rock and roll! Beautiful day at VIR. Let's have fun and be safe!! :)

15. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Here and getting it on!!!!

Weather is AWESOME and track is GREAT!!!

will post pics later.

-a

16. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I can't wait for the pictures, VIR is an amazing track.

17. Bigpinekey

Bigpinekey Rookie

Oct 20, 2005
    Big Pine Key, NC
    Full Name:
    Jody Austin
    Okay guys, here are some picutres from this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm torqued at myself for missing this.

19. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Dah-um! You know you have a sweet bunch of cars when you get to the 430 and Gallardo spiders and they look almost mundane. I cannot believe I missed a 288 GTO by an hour's drive.

20. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    +1

I've never seen a 288 GTO either, in person. Going to have to get to one of these gatherings!

21. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Wait till you see the next pics..

there were 2 288 GTO's

a F50, an Enzo (which of course Carbon about had another heart attack over) and many many more..

:)

-a

22. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    #72 DMClark, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Nothing ironic there..I just can't read and it looked like a good place to park.

;)

24. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Just got back up to school, and oh man was this an amazing weekend. It was a blast being out on track in the 360 Spider. They really are amaaazing machines. It was definitely great seeing soooo many Ferrari's there this year. Every single one there was absolutely stunning. The 288 GTO was great to follow. I saw it spit flames out of the tail pipes for a full second (no joking, it really did happen). The 333 and all the challenge cars were insanely fast and sounded incredible. The north course at VIR is an amazing amount of fun.

And, I just want to give Steve Barney and Steve Jones at Sport Auto a huuuuuuuuuuge thank you for giving me a chance to drive the Lamborghini Gallardo they brought up for the weekend. Now I really do understand. Now that I've gotten a taste of the Dark Side, I must admit... I want more :). Those things have torque that never ever ends. That is something I'm never going to forget. Thank you both again. If you ever want to take the RX-8s for a drive, I'll make sure to get it to happen (like there is any comparison... but its the best I can do right now... maybe in a couple of years I'll have something better...)

Anyways, mom has all the pictures, so we'll have to wait on her for those, but I'm sure she got some good ones, although it looks like a link to a ton has already been posted.

Just one last thank you to everyone that made this happen, it is a ton of fun, and plenty of memories that I never want to forget.

25. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark