FCA 2014 Annual Meet - Official Thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FCA 2014 Annual Meet - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by BillP00, Feb 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    As I recall, you were out there for 6-8 laps (give or take a couple). About 15-20 minutes.

gp

2. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    LOL
    I was too BZ having fun to count
    Thanks GT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Bill,

You and your team did an absolutely remarkable volunteering job planning, communication, and execution. You surely made it a memorable lifetime experience for anyone that has a pulse. Thank YOU, thank YOU!

4. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thank You Mike,

It was definitely a Team effort and we wanted to make sure that everyone had a great time visiting the Mid-Atlantic Region! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you face to face, but I did see your 458. :) It looked fantastic!

I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Bill P.

5. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al

+ 1 Bill
    Great job buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. cheny4

cheny4 Karting

Feb 15, 2009
    No VA
    Full Name:
    Cheny Y.
    Indeed thanks to all who helped make this a success. Btw Bill did you get my link to my photos on Dropbox?
    Cheny

7. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thank You! It was definitely a TEAM effort and we had a great time putting on this event for everyone to enjoy.

Hi Cheny,

Yes I did. I am still collecting photos from people and hope to post them up very soon!

Bill

8. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    I finally got around to editing my first video from the track event. This one is from Session Two on Sunday, it is the first session where they combined Blue and White run groups.

Multiple angles including some trackside shots thanks to my lovely wife who made it her mission to get video from every corner she could get to. Hope you enjoy, I will be trying to put together some shorter ones when I get some time.

FCA 2014 Summit Point - YouTube

9. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Scott,

Fantastic! Very well done. Smooth, great situational awareness, easy to see why you got the yellow solo band. A couple of comments:

1. Bet you're going to fix that sun visor soon! :)
    2. Did you notice that your oil cap was loose the whole time? (pretty sure it's the oil cap...) ;)

Good job - thanks for sharing!

gp

10. Pantera1523

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    Thank you! I was really happy to get solo'd but I had two great instructors. Definitely helped me to learn the track and become both relaxed and confident in my car.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes I will be looking to fix that soon. I thought it was mildly annoying on the street. It is way more distracting on the track so it will be getting fixed soon.

2. I didn't realize the oil cap was doing that until I first started looking at my GOPro footage, right after I got home from the event. Scared the crap out of me. First I went to make sure it was still there (it was). Second to see if it was just loose (it was). Shame on me for not checking stuff like that. I didn't see any evidence that any oil spilled out the top so I think I got very lucky.

Josh at ECS says that the later cars have a "grenade pin" like setup to prevent that and we will add it to my car the next time I have it in there.

11. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks for all the pics and video.

12. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Scott, great video!

I especially like the part from 13:50 to 15:00 in the video where I get by you in the black 458 (I had an instructor on board helping me get ready for the pass on the straight-away after we came out of Turns 8 and 9).

You probably noticed that you passed me back later in the video (see the part from 18:25 to 19:45 in the video).

13. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #188 Challenge, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Holy crap...at 0:27 it certainly looks like your oil fill cap started spinning!!

EDIT: I see this has already been discussed.

14. Pantera1523

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    Ron,

I definitely was watching you catch up, so I was prepared to give you the point by coming out of 8. I figured you had to have backed off for me to catch back up to you.
    Beautiful 458 btw... It is fun sharing the track with such awesome cars.

I'm not completely retiring the 360 from track duty, but I did pick up a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca to be my main track car. Haven't had time to sign up for any events yet though.

I have lots more video to post, I have just been too busy to edit anything. Hopefully the next few days will calm down some.

Scott

15. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The "Official" 2014 Annual Meet photos have finally been posted! WARNING...there are A LOT of photos!

Photos have been posted to: FCA-MAR Photo Library

These photos are from our Official Event Photographer Tim Kemmis. I will be uploading additional galleries from other photographers who have sent me their photos.

Enjoy!

Bill P.

16. Pantera1523

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    Awesome pics! Ooh the red 360 #16 is me! I'm famous! ;)

It really is great being able to see all of the cars from the trackside vantage point.

I need to upload some of the pics my wife took as well... She was asked more than once if the was a professional photographer. She had two Canon 7D cameras and a Sony HD video camera, that is how I was fortunate to get all of my external shots for the video I posted.

17. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm really shocked my 612 with aftermarket rims and glue on shields wasn't featured more prominently :D

18. Green308GTSi

Green308GTSi Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    Hey Bill,

Wow, Beautiful Fotos,

Thanks for the great shots!

Warm regards,

Barry

19. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I can't take the credit for taking the photos. Those (from the Annual Meet) are from the event's official photographer: Tim Kemmis.

I will be uploading some "unofficial photos" from other photographers hopefully by the end of the weekend.

By the way...I haven't forgotten the photo I owe you Barry! :) I'll send it as soon as I can...I promise.

Bill P.

20. Pantera1523

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    #196 Pantera1523, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Nice!

You can see the side-loading on both of our cars as we steer them toward the pylon on the inside of the corner.

22. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well, I just took the shields off my 612. I love the way it looks now. I just wish I had done it two months ago. Putting stock wheels on it now too. Oh well.

23. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    That red 599 GTO is totally badass. I love Omar's yellow one, but this one looks so much more visually aggressive.

24. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee