FCA 09 Nationals - PICTURES | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FCA 09 Nationals - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Likewise! I can't wait to see all your great photographs - as usual!

2. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    +1 - great video! You didn't happen to get any video of us slow pokes in the white group did you? How about the really quick WSC cars (like the three 333sp's, the Lola, Riley & Scott,etc. that were having a little fun at 10:30 today) The red and blue groups you show in that video are great. Nice camera work and great sound!

3. NSX 3.0

NSX 3.0 Rookie

Oct 17, 2005
    Neenah,Wi
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I did... but just tossed this together kind of in a hurry. Will make a better one with more groups in a few days.

4. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    I was up there on Thursday and today. It was a great event and recognized some f-chatters cars, congratulations to all who won something and thank you to all who provided your beautiful machines to this great event.

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #180 F1tommy, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #181 Darolls, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    Congrats to all of you! :)

And Johnny, you look absolutely MAHVELOUS.................

Sparky

7. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Congrats to all our local winners and winners in general. Had a great time with the gang, really enjoyed the fun at the Tiki bar. It was great seeing some fantastic cars, good friends, old acquaintances. So onward to the next event, who's heading to Monterey?

Who has any info on the black 250 Tes? Heard it was a recreation with a Vette small block for power. Gee Andreas another half breed. But what a half breed!!!

Dan still looking for those pics especially the 288 GTO. Still cleaning the drool lines off the car, I think you wore my seat out as you took all those pics on the rally. LOL

8. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Haha, you got it Rick. Thanks for the ride! Shots came out great. I'm editing now. :)

9. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    It was the company that made the weekend!

Norbert...you know way more people than we ever will!
    John and Ann, well...Ann thanks for being a good sport. And yes, that was you parked next to us at the track...
    Gerry...You need to bring your daughter with you more often :D
    Andreas...congrats on winning the rally...figures you would know more about Ferrari's than all of us put together...
    Dave B., without you, we would have brought just another 308...your exhaust has a good home...for now!
    Rick, way to get a table at the Tiki Bar!

All right...who's up for next year?

10. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #185 Carsleuth, Aug 3, 2009
  11. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    As announced 2010 will be in Philadelphia with track events in New Jersey. It starts the last Wednesday of September.

Jeff

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I looked at Motorsports Park (NJMP.com) and wasn't really impressed: Totally flat, lots of straights and long turns. No history, quite sterile.

I wish they'd pick Lime Rock instead. Or even the Pocono infield. Can't make up my mind whether to sign up or not.

13. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks Dan for wetting my lips with that GTO. But I kow you have way better shots than that one.

14. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Well, yes, but who knows how long it will take me to get to them! ;)

15. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    #190 Townshend, Aug 3, 2009
    It's an alright track when I went, here's a couple photos although you probably won't be able to tell much. It was also still under construction.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
  17. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #192 Carsleuth, Aug 4, 2009
    Just finished the pictures from Day 1. (Registration day :) )

Here's my first (very sloppy) attempt at a panorama shot. This was taken on the balcony of my room.

18. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
  19. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Jeff, It was great to talk with you at the event. I hope the judging sheets give you a map to platino next year!

20. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Enjoyed our time together. Not sure the car will ever achieve Platino without performing more changes to its underlying originality (some call it patina) than I am will to make. I do look forward to getting as many of the items corrected as possible though. Already talked with Steve Alghrim about the backside closeout covers for the mirrors - didn't even know they were missing.

By the way, congratulations on the Platino and Coppa awards; well deserved.

Already thinking about next year in Philadelphia and the following year in Savannah.

Jeff

21. RaptorAKL

RaptorAKL Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    McLean, VA
    Looks like it was an awesome time! Road America is a perfect location.

Those 512 BBLMs are awesome machines. I remember attending a Ferrari Historic Races event one time at VIR, and someone brought a pair of BBLMs. The sound and excessive exhaust flames from those twin-turbo flat-12s were freakin amazing....

22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    No twin turbo. They are NA engine.

23. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    WoW.... I wish we could have made it :( Glad to see those who did make it had such a great time.

just wow.. :)

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #199 tifosi12, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    A friend of mine who has raced all over the States used 4 letter words to describe that track. :(

I was touring my car when suddenly I heard this loud engine sound. I looked into my rear view mirror and sure enough there was a BBLM trailing me (#447). Since passing wasn't allowed he was stuck behind me until I was able to exit at the pits to let him by. Probably the only time ever I have a BBLM encounter like that.

25. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    I have now driven to the last 6 national meets in my old 308. (Just got off the phone with Butch, and we will probably take the Northern Route to Monterey for the next Ferrari meet there (sorry driving our Corvettes). The cars were great at the Concours in Elkhart Lake. They make me proud. The greatest part of being a FCA member is the friends that I have met over the years. At the banquet on Saturday night, I had 3 Copa Bella Macchina award winners at my table, and they are all my friends. I asked Elliot from back East to join us which he did. I met him in Corning, NY. He drove his 599 to the meet and showed his 275 4 cam. He is just a great guy. I know about him and his family. His Daughter had a Son on Thursday, and he was anxious to be heading back.

We leave our work behind us. We are all doing something that gives us pleasure, and a break from our daily life. It is just so much fun for me. I can't thank everyone enough for the happiness that they have and continue to give me.

Norbert