Fatal car crash in the OC. Ferrari involved. | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Fatal car crash in the OC. Ferrari involved.

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Flash G, Dec 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I can't speak for allied agencies, but, I know for a fact that every 911 call to the CHP is logged and immediately assigned to a beat unit. They are not ignored and the only way an extended response time would be incurred would be due to inaccurate info from the caller or over extended units at that particular time. "jokes with badges" is inaccurate and insulting.

2. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    "jokes with badges" is inaccurate and insulting.

Really, no need for that. Having guys and girls willing to confront mortal danger for us is truly a blessing. These people deserve our gratitude and respect.

3. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    In response to calling 911 or the CHP/PD for reporting I think comes down to the county. In LA growing up you damn near had to be committing a murder to get a response, while down here in OC most any simple call out to the local PD nets a response within 20mins.

The fastest is here in Newport, I'm about a mile from the accident and heard it happen, sadly my thought was here starts the holiday trouble. The Newport PD is unbelievably quick to respond to calls from what I've noticed. Eagle eye is out frequently responding to calls and at times I find the noise annoying however I know why they are doing it. just a few months back the PD did foot patrol of our neighborhood due to reported gun shots, highly unusual for this neighborhood, turned out to be kids up on the bay.

there was a lot of police monitoring that day and I'd be very surprised to learn that they had already been buzzing PCH before the tragedy.

The only time I've experienced instant 911 response was about 15yrs ago on a trip back from AZ on the 10 a guy in camaro was waving a hand gun and swerving thru traffic two cars in front of me just before riverside county.

And the near deadly no response was the same summer between flagstaff and phoenix a tandem semi ran me off the no shoulder and actually clipped my car with the back axle! had I not risked the dodge off the road into the ditch I'd be worm food. I was apparently going to slow at 100mph in 86 civic hatch! for his taste on a 2 lane highway and he decided to ride my ass regardless of moving over to let him by. filed a report and never heard a word!

I my not be a fan of the political reasons for revenue the police in this state operate under, however their job is vital and respect should be given for the majority of deserving ones. I now just call the PD directly as it cuts out the middle man, even if I have to call 911 I follow the next one up to the PD.

4. Killing Time

Killing Time Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2008
    Los Angeles

I kid you not. I showed up at the barracks and the office actually told me they were between shifts and that was the reason for any delay. My retort was, "so now would be the time to rob a bank and make a getaway". She was not amused but they did finally send someone, over an hour and a half after the incident.

I've clearly insulted you but this is how it went down.

5. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    My guess is the incidence of you being stopped by CHP on CA's freeways is about to triple. :) Obviously you have never heard the adage about not poking the sleeping bear.

I'm with Bruce on not dissing the badge people. I called CHP on the I-5 when a drunk driver nearly wiped me and my wife out. Within minutes, they had 2 squad cars racing past me (I remained to mark the car) and nailed the wacko DUI woman (!), pulling her out of teh cab of her huge pick-up truck. MY cop friend calls them glorified ticket givers and pretty boys, but I am glad they are out there.

6. 599_GTB

599_GTB Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Josef
    #206 599_GTB, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It is always the same, young people need experience, a student from my brothers boarding-school kills his best friend with his dad`s 997 Porsche Turbo cab in the eyes of the friends dad..., the driver (18year old) of the Turbo had his driving licence for only 4 months......
    Other example is the driver of this accident, he was 18 year old when the accident happend, says that the car has the fault but a 18 year old with a Lambo?...

http://lambounfall.de/lamborghini-murcielago-crash.html

pic from the Turbo accident, for more infos or pics please let me know....
    I am now 18 and got a 2010 VW Golf 1.6 with 102hp and that is enough power, I was thinking of getting a 09 GTI but I don`t want to kill me...

And best wishes to all the families, it is always a hard time loosing a family member, son, friend or a known person.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    10-4 on that. Every CHP I have ever been "involved with" has been a respectful and courteus person, level headed (they are all about highway safety, and most of them car guys).

On the other hand, NPB, CM, and HB police,.....not the same carguy friendly goodguy breed as CHP, IMHO.

Lets not bash the chippys.

8. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    #208 ghibliman, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    Respectfully disagree....

I've seen CHP drive right by many a stranded car on the side of the road....they do little to protect the public the way the local PD does. I doubt they could ever handle the job the locals do. I'll refrain from what I'd really like to say since this is the wrong thread to do so.

9. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    I think that in any profession you have good employees and bad ones. The problem with LEO's is that they are on center stage all the time. So if a guy is lazy and doesn't do his job as it is expected to be done, it reflects on all the LEO's.

10. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    #210 RVIDRCI, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    Wow, I'm sorry, thats a drag. My personal CHP experience has been postive, even in the "worst ever senerio" I was written for the least possible infraction, and treated with respect.

(search "hot three way in Malibu" on this forum, crappy bust, but could have been WAY worse if the CHP was looking for revenue only as primary, just sayin).

OTOH, local CMPD has ticketed ME for being in the "wrong lane" of an intersection when hit by a bozo running a red light. LBPD ticketed me for exceeding 45mph on a bridge (which was a freeway onramp !!).

End thread hijack.

11. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I'll contribute to the thread hijack...

I think to peg all CHiPs one way and all local LEOs another way is not fair.

I've worked with and had experiences with CHP officers who were very helpful, courteous and assets to the badge. I've known CHP officers who were pricks. (I actually went to the wedding of a CHP officer who once gave his own father a ticket. True story.)

Same with city cops. There are good guys and some not so good guys.

Just like everything in life, it comes down to the individual.

12. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Does anyone have an update on the condition of the young man who survived this crash?

13. bjorn156

bjorn156 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    aaron
  14. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    #214 BLUROAD, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
  16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yep - some people have shed enough tears over this tragedy to make recent torrential downpours seem like a mere sprinkle.

17. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles

18. Killing Time

Killing Time Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    There's always exceptions to every rule Charlie but most people fail to realize they are the rule, and not the exception.

Seeing that photo of the boys in happier times is tragic.

19. lucky73

lucky73 Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2008
    thankfully the f-car did not kill the two passengers in the hauler otherwise this would be a double tragedy....the hauler driver and passenger would be innocent victims to reckless driving

20. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

You're right. **scratches head as to why this guy suddenly posts this 4 months after last post**

21. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    i wonder, if an old post is bumped, is it ok to bump a bump of an old post, even if it is to point out it is a bump of an old post?

*waits for the ressurection card from a mod

22. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    That kind of goes back to the claims made by the many people of Malibu who claim that the city is responsible for all of the head on collisions because they refuse to put in a barrier on PCH....I think the parents in this case need to focus on themselves....... not others.. in this blame game...

23. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    This is an absolute outrage. These fools defied common sense by giving an 18 year old a 490 hp Ferrari, risked community members lives as they sped through our streets, then sue when they ruin themselves? The sheer gall of this is astounding.

All my sympathy for that family has just evaporated.

24. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Welcome to the USA, 2010: "If I do something bad, it's someone else's fault."

If there had been a divider there the car would have bounced back onto their side of the road and rear-ended all the helpless bystanders in the cars ahead. No?