FA's latest musings.... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FA's latest musings....

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by classic308, Oct 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1

Bryan, JB is usually pretty reserved, I actually hope he does really well next year. Although I hope Kimi wins it next season.

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i agree. like i said, JB's only reason is his car letting him down most of the time.

3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Let's see if FA can turn McLaren around the way MS turned Ferrari around.

4. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005

Is this Ferrarichat or SchumacherChat? If all you want to do is rub one off to your Schumacher poster, then why don't you post on IwanttofellateMichaelScumacher.co?

He is as entitled to his opinion as you are. Or do you simply want to hear the same Schumacher-sycophantic drivel over and over again?

I am getting tired of saying this: just because someone is a Ferrari supporter does not mean they have to be a Schumacher supporter. The two are not one and the same.

As for me, I am glad he is finally leaving so I can root for Ferrari again. Go Alonso.

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, Alonso won his first WDC and soon 2nd at a younger age than your hero MS...so, your overall comparison with MS is a incorrect... if compared at the same point in each of their careers, Alonso is clearly better than MS at that point in time. And, to otherwise compare them you will need to wait until Alonso retires and then see how many WDC he wins in his career as compared to MS ...while I've owned 6 Ferraris and have pulled for Ferrari for decades, I am not obligated to pull for a cheater like MS has proven he was for a very long time now...

6. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't understand. Aren't you an attorney? :)

7. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This board is so freakin bias for MS.

Give FA credit where it is due, he took down Ferrari and MS in past two season with pure talent and no hijinx.

Sure he talks trash, but it's one of the most highly competitive sports so you expect all the drivers to have an ego. Off track chatter has no reflection on his on track successes.

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 Fantastic Post, Asian Bond...

9. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    Wow! what an astute assessment! you're on Ferrari Chat, genius! and of course, saying Alonso has done it on pure talent...you can't be serious...oversimplifying things like that. don't know why i'm surprised...happens here quite often...people making statements/opinions without due consideration of the matter...

-2 not a fantastic post, but rather silly...

10. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You're absolutely right.

Always amazes me how those silly individuals never post about topics at hand yet spend all their time criticising others for what they write.

Although this is Ferrarichat one would expect a more objective opinion in the racing section. F1 fan first, ferrari loyalist second.

11. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO

yes
    and also everyone says that FA has no class, and that schumi is a class act , but they didn't say that when schumi was cheating, rigth

12. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    MS is most blatant cheater in the sport, that is a fact. I'm a MS fan but that doesn't mean I can't admit that he is a poor sport.

Check the archives, bet my CS that MS was talking tons of trash and complaining when he was up and coming.

Remember the penalty FA got a few races ago, who wouldn't complain about that?

13. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    .....uummm, let me think.....oh ya, I know who wouldn't complain about that.....someone with class! Let's look at how MS & FA each handled their engine failures. Two identical instances with two drivers equally fighting for the championship. Typical Alonso throws a "no class" temper tantrum and blames everyone but "me"! He even blames the FIA by whimpering and crying because of the penalty he had to push his engine to hard. Except, FA's own engineers stated that his engine failure had nothing to do with him pushing it to hard. They stated the engine would have failed regardless of how FA drove that day.......(oops)! Now let's look at MS's engine failure incident. It happens at the 2nd worst possible time in this season...(Brazil being thie 1st). It gives FA an extremely large chance at winning FA's 1st real WDC...(I say "1st real" because last years WDC was clearly gifted to FA, not earned). Considering also that it happens durring his final year of racing F1. So how does MS react?..... by personally congratulating every member of his team and dealing with the situation with integrity and class. Cheater or no cheater, love him or hate him, in times when it counts, MS shows class and shows why he's a true world champion. FA on the other hand shows everyone why he's neither......but that's just my opinion.

14. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Not bad first post. ;) welcome to the board.

15. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Without JPM to kick-around any more... the same people have dropped FA into their postings
    (almost word-for-word) and just gone on with the tactic of destroying anyone who might give MS a race on a Sunday....no other reason or logic required

16. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    WRONG! "identical instances" ?

FA had just had a snow-job ruling in Italy, followed by a change-of-rules in the middle of the game by the FIA, followed by some bad luck mechanically in the last few races.

If you look at the last 7 races for MS- "the luck" was always going his way.
    If you look at the last 7 races for FA- "the luck"....(the FIA) and everything else was falling apart.

Seems only human for MS to be relaxed after 1 problem durring a string of good luck. And it also seems only human for FA to be extra pi$$ed after such a long streak of bad luck

So I don't think you can use this as a reason to show one driver has more class. You can hold that opinion
    but this is not a good example of why one driver has class and another doesn't.

17. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    +1

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Exactly!!

19. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX

I see your point but I think the "1 problem" that MS had was extremely detrimental and carries more weight in their battle for the championship than any other instance this season. Also take into account that it happened in the final season of his career. FA has hopefully many more races and many more seasons left. I think it's fine if FA was "pi$$ed". I'm sure MS wasn't "jumping-for-joy" when he had that monumental engine failure or during the entire 2005 season with the tire debacle. It's the way that MS handled and handles these types of situations compared to FA ...it's what separates the "men" from the "boys". Look at Kimi...he's had more bad luck and misfortune than most for years! How many times has he pointed blame or whined and complained?.....ya, I can't think of any either..."Men" from the "boys".
    Speaking of Kimi.....2007 WDC???

20. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX

Thanks! This is a great forum. It's nice to have a place where others share similar passions! BTW...how do you put the "smiley faces" in your post? Sorry for the dumb question.....I'm a forum chat virgin.

21. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    lol.. no worries. ok,

1) press :
    2) and press )
    3 what do u get? = :)

22. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX

Wow...lol...that's easy! I guess you learn something new every day :)

Thanks for your patience

23. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Great first post, and welcome to the boards.

I consider myself a Ferrari fan before an MS fan, but since he is driving for Ferrari I am a little more biased towards him than Fernanado. Neither driver has had a perfect season and each driver has reasons to act the way they do, whether people agree with those reasons can be argued over for years to come. Hopefully we're not going to keep pointing fingers and calling names, "FA's a bad sport, no MS is a bad sport....." for much longer so we can all enjoy the last race of the season and Michael's career.

24. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    no worries man.

25. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005

Then you must not follow F1. Kimi has leveled plenty of criticism over his performance, it simply isn't being as debated as widely on here as Alonso's comments have been. Furthermore, a lot of Kimi's misfortunes on-track have been of his own doing, if he weren't so hard on equipment he might finish more races.

And Schumacher too has complained about his team in the past, if I feel motivated I will even dig up the specific circumstances for you. Schumacher is 37, more experienced and more mature than Alonso, I expect him to conduct himself in a more mature fashion. I am quite certain when Alonso reaches 37, with 200+ GPs under his belt and who knows how many championships, he too will act in a more responsible fashion.

For me, I simply don't care what someone says in an interview, I care how they perform on the track and Alonso's driving is pretty damn mature for a 25 year old. Kimi ought to be taking notes.