FA's latest musings.... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FA's latest musings....

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by classic308, Oct 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  2. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Once you get $100+ million or so in the bank along with a $25+ million yacht, you do can give it a try...

4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sometimes its better to be lucky than good; Most of the time its better to have lots of $$$ than to be good looking....

5. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Not sure where you get this information. Alonso has the same reputation as Raikkonen, he shows up and races, he is not a development driver, most of Renault's on track feed back comes Giancarlo, not Alonso. He is nothing like Schumacher, and never will be in that category. He has already demonstrated his inability to be part of a team as has Schumacher.

I no longer share your opinion of Alonso. He may mature someday, he may win another WDC, but I really doubt it. When he wins a championship with a competitor in a car that is competitive all season, then I will change my feelings about him. So far, he has been gifted two championships. Both won with limited competition. Raikkonen is a much better driver, with substantially more self control, in a reliable car, he will beat Alonso every time.

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

IMO I think this is a good psy op move on FA's part. Why not throw out the possibility of sabotage? That way the competition will be on their best behavior to not look like their trying to take him out.

Also, I think that every word and action that comes out of FA is carefully crafted to gain a certain result. With teams spending millions and probably billions at stake do you think for a second they'd let some kid spout off and possibly ruin things? Not a chance.

7. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    He's pretty charisma as well.

As AF vs. MS, who cares. Both are talented drives who make F1 more exciting.

8. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    have you forgotten the rule change made just to end Rerrari's dominance that year? Tires!!! the FIA made that rule to specifically hurt Ferrari...otherwise continuing from 04, it would've been Ferrari again as champions.

9. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
  10. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    it does look at the season as a whole, but takes no account for the momentum of the team/driver at critical moments of the season, such as the end here. right now, renault simply does not have ferrari's pace--at least in the dry. and it seems they haven't had it for the past 3 or 4 races. If you were to just look at the likelyhood of Renault beating Ferrari on the track without either retiring, then that doesn't look too good for Renault...thus as was the case in japan, it took bad luck and misfortune on Ferrari's part to give Renault the better. Some would argue that retirements/failures are part of racing, and they are, but to know you clearly have a lesser car and still win, can only be luck. depends on your pt of view, you can say luck is a part of racing too...but plainly, i simply don't think Renault could've 'taken' the title by being fastest/better outright, instead of relying on another teams freak bad luck.

11. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Limited competition...how is that? The WDC and WCC has been at almost a tie the last few races with it still possible for MS to win if Alonso has a DNF in Brazil...

12. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    The grid penalty at the Italian GP was irrelevant since that was where he had his engine blow up (it would have blown up anyway; the Renault technical people confirmed that he was not running a higher red-line). As for the other FA grid penalty, that was at Hungary, and MS had a similar questionable grid penalty and, FA also did not finish that race due to a mechanical issue. So the FA grid penalties did not harm him. On the other hand, MS's grid penalty at Montecarlo definitely hurt him.

13. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    You are certainly entitle to your opinion on MS, Ferrari and FA. But I do find your statement about Ferrari and MS on the post-9/11 race weekend to be troubling. They did something noble and out of respect to a tragic event, and here you are, dragging someone's good intention through mud and making a complete mockery out of it. Ferrari and MS did not have to do anything that weekend but they did, as the rest of the F1 community chose to wait until the US GP to show their support. Unless you have some hard facts on how it either boosted or damaged their sales in the global market, calling it a marketing ploy not only revealed the type of cynical person you are and it is also extremly disrespectful to the people of this planet, Muslim or non-Muslim.

14. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    If Fisi had forced Schumacher out of the GP in China, wonder what will the Anti-MS/Ferrari people say. I suppose FA's desire to have Fisi forcefully block MS is just oh so pure hearted. These people are race car drivers, and with the title and the season on the line, these extrem competitors will do whatever it takes to win, as it is in their nature. It is up to the passer to pass the passie and the passie to prevent the passer from passing. MS wants to win, as he is a race car driver. Naturally he will try to stop anyone from passing him by shutting the door, it is DH or JV's job to assess the risks and the probability of passing MS cleanly without incident. In the heat of the moment, they all had a milli-second to decide and to commit to a manuver, and they did. I am not saying what MS did was clean and gentleman like, but it does take two to make a crash. If MS has the personality to simply move aside because someone else has a faster car while they are fighting for position, race win or WDC then he have no business to be driving in F1 let along winning 7 WDCs.

15. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John

Senna and Prost both won a WC each from runnig into another driver (each other actually) and all you year is Prost the Professor and Senna the greatest ever. MS does it and he's "the most unsporting driver of all time". I have no problem with what Senna, Prost or MS did. Those that DO have a problem with Michael's 1994 incident should also condemn Prost and Senna. If they don't, then they lose all credibility for their argument.

16. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The whole problem with that arguement is that not only did MS do it in 94, he also tried in unsuccesfully in 96 with JV and also tried that stunt at Monaco this year. He also nerfed HHF in Canada one year for no good reason and had a few other incidents. Senna and Prost had bad blood between them which resulted in the incident in 89 which was Alain's fault. Ayrton repaid him in 1990. Other than that there were no other instances in which they took each other out so to speak. Some hard racing, yes, but fair all the way. What MS has done in the past is totally different to me and many other people. MS is a great driver, why does he have to stoop so low sometimes?

17. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I see your point. It's a bit frustrating for MS fans when he does something like the Monaco parking job. If you look at his speed during that race, he definitely had a very good chance at winning even if he had started from the 2nd row. Instead he finished 5th and got just 4 points. If he won, he would have 6 more points and Alonso would have 2 less. He'd be going into the last race just 2 points behind and all he would have to do is finish ahead of Alonso for the WC. Overall though, I think he had done some great things during his career and should be remembered as one of the greats.

18. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    +1

19. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Typical crap by the press taking quotes out of context. Alonso said nothing here.... These soulless hacks could make Mother Theresa sound like a firebrand radical.

20. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i somehow rather figured this out. Give the kid a break... these silly press always make up nonsense crap stories to boost their sales. this whole thing is maybe just a misunderstanding between FA and the damn press.

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1, let MS and FA speak on the track where it counts. Look at DC, every year was his year but where it counted (the track) he never delivered....

22. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Several times I have wanted Alonso to DNF to get him out the way, only not wishing him bodily harm. But now, I can't say I'd cry if he also got a few bruises in the process. :D

23. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    very true Tony. don't forget Jenson Botton too. he just released a 'statement' soemwhere last week saying that 2007 is gonna be his * yawn * year.

can't imagine the pressure he's going thru. i think, Honda gets the proper car, and he's capable of delivering results. his performance in wet races/changing conditions is incredible. i think, he matured a lot. England is not an easy place to live if ur famous. becks, rooney, and now JB is going thru so much ;)

24. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Very few here do. According to recent polls, few at the track feel this way also as most favor Michael Schumacher. Except in Spain, certainly even Kimi is more popular.

www.renaultf1.com would be more appropriate for this opinion, not FChat.

Nothing you, or anyone can say will change my opinion of Alonso, or Schumacher as the facts speak for themselves. Schumacher is by far the better drver of the two, and except in the big mouth category, Alonso will not ever come close to Schumacher's achievements.

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    While I feel that Michael is one of the all time greats, I always wondered about his mental toughness. I always felt it was a discredit to himself to drive that way. He has his reputation as an unsporting driver for good reason. I've always found him a bit hard to like because of it. That being said, I hate to see him go, Formula One will be a bit more boring without he and JPM. Whether you like them or not, both of them will be and are sorely missed.