FAMOUS FERRARI's IN the MOVIES & TV CAN U NAME THEM | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FAMOUS FERRARI's IN the MOVIES & TV CAN U NAME THEM

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by fioranotestpilot, Aug 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    when i was about 9- 10 years old living in UK i remember a tv show starred tony curtis, (roger moore 1970 's james bond guy ) it was called THE PERSUADERS...... some thing like that.sh#t goin back to mid 70's now , i will never forget that... it was the first time i had ever seen a ferrari it was red of course, from that day i was hooked on ferrari's...... these two guys were like PI's or cops something like that!!
    anyway the start of the show r. moore driving a... some kinda sports volvo & t. curtis driving the hot lookin dino, they would both pull up nose to nose outside this big hotel in monte carlo, that's all i remember dad would only let me stay up to watch that dino at the start, then it was off to bed
    cheers rizzo

2. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    i was watching weird science the other week and noticed that in the scene where the mondial is running from the cops, the close up shot of the gauge cluster is not a mondial but a 328. one of those oops, but how's 90% of the people going to know.

3. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Let's not forget Ronin - a gorgeous blue 456 in front of the hotel. Whenever I tell Corrie about a 456, she'll ask, "Which one is that?" and I'll reply, "The Ronin Car."

4. rt215

rt215 Rookie

Apr 6, 2004
    San Francisco/Piedmo
    Full Name:
    Steve Tse
    It look'd like a manual;Red/tan

5. drew935

drew935 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2007
    Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Miami Vice the movie - 360 spider

6. rwk360

rwk360 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    R W Kenton
    You beat me to it. Amazed that no one before you had thought of this show. It was the first time I saw a Dino (246 GT), and it was love at first sight; I never forgot it, and finally consumated my dream in '01 when I got one! BTW his Dino is orange, not red. The series is available on DVD; somewhat hokey by today's standards, but still good (light) entertainment.

7. drew935

drew935 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2007
    Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    How about The Rock - 348 ....oh darn someone already said this one. hehe

The Dino in Ferris Bueller is pretty good looking for a rep. as I just watched that part yesterday again.

8. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Does anyone know the “name” of this movie that came out about the mid 80s, which the movie plot had this alien who would kill and then he would take over people’s bodies. Also this alien loved Ferraris, which he would steel them to get away the Fed’s who were hot on his trail…. A lot of different Ferraris in the movie get basically destroyed. I wonder if this movie is still available to rent?

9. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    ya' remember that one, was not just Ferraris but any hight powerd car and he like LOUD ROCK music. Seems like he needed certain types of junk food too....will try to find it

BTW: yes, we should repost this with line items for ALL known entries, getting confusing and scattered, but, fun.

10. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    In the opening of the pilot for the TV series "Get Smart", Max drives up to CONTROL in a 1960-something 250 of some type. It was only used in the opening scene of the pilot episode, and not any other episodes (the pilot was also the only episode in B&W). After that, the opening had him in a Sunbeam Tiger, a VW Karmann Ghia, and an Opel GT over the years. Man, that sure was a great show!

11. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yeah... don't forget "Super Man" when Richard Pryor was seen pulling up in a red 308.... And also Hart to Hart TV series in the opening scenes was a red 246 Dino that Robert Wagner was driving.

Also another popular TV series “Highway to Heaven” showed a rich jerk driving a 308 QV and Michael Landon stopped him from driving way when he pulled out the steering wheel.

12. The Speedfighter

The Speedfighter Formula 3

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Lex
    Persuit to Happyness - 308 GTS

13. jkb

jkb Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    SF Bay Area
  14. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Hey Rob, Found your movie - THE HIDDEN
    I remembered 1 of the actors being on Twin Peaks and wikipedia had his profile link on the series page. Found the title in his Movie/TV Filmography. Kyle MacLachlan is that actor.

15. stexxx81

stexxx81 Rookie

Jul 22, 2007
    Mombello, VA, Italia
  16. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    LOL...old thread, but still fun to read.

There are however 2 movies which I cant find in this thread, maaaaybe my eyes are playing with me...

Sin City - 348TS, closing scene

Beverly Hills Cop 3 - red Testa in the background (it's not even in focus, so it's quite hard to spot)
    I saw the movie today, haden't seen it in years.
    See for yourself, it's when "Uncle Dave"(old guy) get shot by the bad guy towards the end of the movie. ;)

17. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    I found The Hidden recently for about $10.00 or something at Rasputin's in Stockton. Still have yet to watch it though.

OK! I HAVE A QUESTION!

At the end of "National Treasure" the guy drives off in a 360, but when watching "National Treasure: Book of Secrets", did anyone notice that the Ferrari in the beginning of the movie was not a 360 and was actually a F430, But at the end when he gets the car back it is a 360???? Or were my eyes being deceived?????

18. afterburner81

afterburner81 Rookie

Oct 10, 2006
    Full Name:
    Glenn
    Anyone mention REDLINE yet? Never seen it cuz I assume it sucks, but for sure there's an Enzo in it, and maybe others?

19. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    Didn't Demi Moore show up in an Enzo in the 'Charlie's Angels' movie? 'Boiler Room' with Giovanni Ribisi and Vin Diesel had a 355 in it (and a killer soundtrack as well)

20. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    National Treasure 2 had a Ferrari F430 Spider in the beginning and a Ferrari 360 Spider at the end. Hollywood REALLY screwed up this time. ;)

21. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    I CAUGHT THAT SAME MISTAKE!!!!!

22. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    So I'm not losing my mind?

I didn't think to post it when I saw it at the Theater. Mr. CAGE! HELLO! WTF? You're a car guy and you didn't prevent this mistake? You didn't think we wouldn't notice that the Tail Lights on the F430 & 360 are not in the same place?

23. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    THE WHEELS aren't even the same! The roll bars are a different color, the tail lights, headlights, air vents, interior, F430 logo on the driver's side mirror... I can go on and on and on.

24. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    The Tail Lights were the 1st thing I noticed when I watched the film at the theater.

25. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    lol. I'm just glad that someone else besides me noticed it. ;)