Fallout 4 release has been set! | FerrariChat

Fallout 4 release has been set!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Crayzee1, Jun 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I love the series. I still play New Vegas because I like running around. 11/10/2015. I'd preorder but it still too far way. I read that for extra $ you can get a working PIP boy that will work functions in the game. Not sure if it's true, and I'm not that diehard even if it was true.

Any one else a fan?

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah collectors edition :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHeGqDr7iXY[/ame]

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just went 12th fastest overall on Dubai GP (a track I don't know well) and lost all gears except 3rd and 4th in the last sector (thought I broke my g27 shifter, turned out the bushing for selecting reverse became stuck and didn't allow me to select other gears!

With Formula Gulf. Did a couple of races with career and thought I did a couple of quick laps, checked the online boards and saw mine was good for 9th. Officially my time is 12th...

4. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Massive, massive Fallout fan here. I just played through F1 and F2 again for the umpteenth time. I own all the games on disk and have since re-bought them all on Steam for convenience.

And yes, I pre-ordered the Pip-Boy Edition for PC as well.......

5. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Haven't played any Fallout yet.

The first open world game I tried was Red Dead Redemption but didn't get to far as I couldn't get the hang of it. I was used to playing COD games which are linear so it was hard for me to grasp the concept of going off in any direction. Also tried one of the earlier GTA games but couldn't get that going either.

Then I got Far Cry and loved it. I'm currently playing Far Cry 4 and its been a lot of fun. Such a great environment and the map really feels alive. The other day I was walking along and watched an eagle swoop down on a pig then try to fly off with it getting up a bit before ultimately dropping it to the ground. It was awesome. I'm also playing GTA5 and its fun too. Just finished Dying Light. Fun game but doesn't have the depth that Far Cry 4 has.

When Fallout 4 comes out I'll give it a try :)

6. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You should really try a Fallout game. Fallout 3 is great and features a massive open world that you can explore in. There are many story lines, quests, locations, etc in it that have nothing to do with the main quest and provide for hours and hours of game play. Plus the DLCs are very good.

Fallout: New Vegas I think is a much, much better game than F3 and feels more like a successor to F1 and F2. It two follows the same open world concept.

That being said, I think I would start with Fallout 3 if you didn't want to go old school with 1 and 2.

7. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Played through Fallout 3 probably 5 different times. I did end up getting the trophy where literally everything had been mapped... and I didn't use a guide to do it.

Fallout 3: New Vegas, on the other hand... I own it... played for about an hour... but then had to go do something else, and I've never gotten back to it.

I love the fact that its a game that you can sink days of your life into... but unfortunately thats a double edged sword.

Since I just can't justify doing that anymore (working on a PhD, now married, etc...) I won't even start games like that anymore :(.

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    For those on PC (like me!) the system requirements have been released:

PC Systems Requirements (Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam Account to Activate)

Minimum
    Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
    8 GB RAM
    30 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
    Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
    8 GB RAM
    30 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Console Storage Space
    Make sure you have enough space in the vault to store Fallout 4.
    Fallout 4 requires 28-35 GB depending on territory and languages supported.

9. speedsport

speedsport Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Getting closer to the release date!

Fallout 3 was the second game I ever played since my childhood days of Nintendo. (Bioshock was the first). Those two games drew me into the fun of modern video games.

Where else can you get 200 hours+ of entertainment for $50?

I've played Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas and both were amazing. The real issue for me is Rise of the Tomb Raider comes out on the same day, and the last Tomb Raider game was as much fun as fallout....so which do I start? Decisions, decisions.....

10. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    One more day. I can't wait!

11. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    New video card installed. Pip Boy Edition arrives tomorrow!

12. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I'm playing now. :) proxy server through Australia to trick the game into thinking it's Nov 10th! I have the pip boy app too. Not the edition though.

13. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    How are you liking it so far?

14. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Fallout is exactly the same but completely different. That was my first impression. Very comforting to sit down and not have to learn everything over. The game looks great, my video cards ran Fallout New Vegas around 80-90 maxed out, I got 30-40ish on high settings. I'm sure that will improve once a new round of drivers comes out. Game looks great and I spent 2 hours of the 4 I played building my base. Great feature that I am sure will add 30-40 hours of time to finish the game. Finally a use for all the stuff you collect. I can't play for another few days because of exams. If you liked the rest of the series, this will be a homerun.

15. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What video card(s) do you have? My understanding is the game can't take advantage of a SLI or Crossfire setup (?).

16. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I have two HD 6970's. Getting old, but still have another year or two.

GPU Hierarchy Chart - 2015 GPU Comparisons

They are slightly faster and more powerful than an HD6990, as mine are overclocked.

IF I get a chance to play tonight, I'll run my card logger and see if the second card kicks in. From what I could hear it did. (Very loud cards, and the second fan turning on is noticeable.)

17. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Confirmed, Fallout 4 is not utilizing the second GPU core. Whenever they fix that, I'll run in Ultra settings and get a steady 60 fps

18. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I picked up my copy a few days ago but didn't get into the game until last night. I played until my PS4 controller lost power, also about that time is when I found my first deathclaw. So far it's impressive but it fair to say the Fallout 3 (PS3) was a bit more challenging? Too soon to tell yet.

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Whenever my controller gets low I'll grab my laptop and put it next to me so I can keep playing while it's charging.

20. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I started playing a few days ago.

It's time they got a new graphics engine, it just feels more of the same... but yes I'm addicted :eek:

21. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm addicted too. I think it's a staggeringly good game (fanboy aside!) and must compliment Bethesda on their achievement.

Some of the side quests are incredibly fun.

22. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I'm 20-30 hours in and have only done one or two of the main quest. A very playable gain. I'm little disappointed how hard it is to build your base, the placement of walls is tough. Overall a great gain. Still waiting for the crossfire profile to come out. I dip down in the low 20's FPS and it makes it a little jerky. I'm having fun just wandering around. No real desire to 'finish'