Fallout 3 New Vegas? | FerrariChat

Fallout 3 New Vegas?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by thecarreaper, Aug 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    I am STILL playing and modding both Oblivion, (and more often), Fallout 3. the replay value the Mod Community provides these games is just unbelievable. The talent out there, is just humbling.

Anyway, anybody here looking forward to Fallout 3 : New Vegas?

i am going to pre order it soon, i hope it will be modifiable, and vehicles or horses would sure be nice. walking the whole time in the wasteland gets BORING!

A new company is doing the game, but i (guess?) from what little i have read, that Bethesda is / was involved still?

Bless you code-writers who create this stuff, its an amazing thing to behold.

:)

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I haven't played Fallout3 yet (I know I know :( ) but my friend who loves the game can't wait for New Vegas.

The developer made KOTOR2 and NeverwinterNights2 so they know how to make good games :)

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #3 WJHMH, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'll get it but I really should finish Fallout 3. I played the New Vegas demo at Quakecon, I'm looking forward to it as well but one other item I would have added is ONLINE PLAY. Another thing I did notice this year was there more emphasis on console systems rather than PC's gaming, over the years it's been a back & forth struggle between the two but it seems lately the PC is losing out. BTW, here's the shirt Bethesda was giving out this year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    very cool!

i for one do not by online multiplayer games anymore. I will only if it has a good single player storyline, and i can kill outside internet access.

the AI is getting so good, that i dont want to deal with connection speeds and path permissions to do online games. Plus, i am convinced that someone, somewhere can access your data on your computer, while you are online playing games. have seen way too may file intrusions from Valve , Steam, and Games for Windows Live to allow that crap on my computers. i know for a fact that GFWL and Steam were in bank and pictures files "looking" as there were links. index.dat is also heavily accessed by outside "programs".

i have nothing to hide, but it bugs me they are there looking around.

paranoid? yes perhaps, but it does not mean there are not data logger programs out there.

single player games with no internet access is fine with me.

5. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    If you have a firewall with HIPS you can see exactly what the app or game is doing and what it's accessing.

You don't need to be paranoid with HIPS!
    http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall.php

It's the best software firewall, it even stops rootkits! :D

Anyway I went to the local games store the other day and bought Fallout3 GOTY edition, damn you I can't stop playing! haha :D

6. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    :) thanks for the link.

...join one of the Nexus forums, and drown in all of the stunning mods and upgrades. the talented folks out there that think this stuff up smokes my brain sometimes.

cant wait to see what we can do with "games" in 10 years.

some of the mods have whole new missions, areas under Megaton, areas under the cities, Alien ships, with separate stories, and weapons. All of this added to the "base" game you bought. Oblivion was/ is great and its still has die hard writing code for it. Fallout3 should be around in some iteration for awhile.

7. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I can't wait for New Vegas. I've played through Fallout3 and Oblivion extensively a few times. Modders are awesome!

8. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i get an error when i load / run the program. i suspect it is not compatible with Windows XP 64, as its a "rare" OS.

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Why are you still running XP 64!! haha. I'm running win7 64bit it's well worth the upgrade.

Umm it should work, I checked their support site and XP 64 is supported... :confused:

modding community is what makes PC gaming still great.

10. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

thank you for the reply. i will try again later today.

11. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Finally got around to dropping by Best Buy and pre-ordering. Now we play the waiting game......

12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'll pass on if it has even half the show-stoppers that FA3 has.

13. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I loved FA3, what probs did you have with it?

14. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    FA3?

FO3?

Fallout3?

15. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  16. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Well today is the day, who got a copy already? I'm picking up mine this afternoon!

17. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I was at Game Stop a week or two ago buying a new XBOX slim (to replace my dead earlier XBOX) and the salesdork was pushing hard for me to pre-order Fallout3 New Vegas. I declined - he kept yapping on about how NOBODY will have it in stock for days unless you pre-order.

I just called the store and talked to the kid - "Got New Vegas?".... "ummm, yup we have plenty".

"I thought I wasn't going to get it unless I pre-ordered? (you dope)"

"Uhh, you're lucky, it's sold out everywhere, we have some left!"

"Yeah? I called Walmart and Target and they both have it..."

"Ummm"

Hate gamestop dorks.

18. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #18 SPEEDCORE, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    I'm still playing FO3 :eek:

I'll get this later in the year :eek:

I also read that xbox360 is getting exclusive DLC around Xmas :eek:

19. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Some QQ on another forum about the crashy PC version and some folks with autosaves reverting to the earliest save...it wouldn't be Fallout without a mountain of bugs.

20. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    True, it follows in the tradition set by Fallout 1 and 2! Not that that's a good thing.

I got my copy last night but didn't have time to get it going. I'm beyond stoked that a lot of the people who worked on the original game are back along with some old characters (Marcus the Super Mutant for example). Fallout 3 is a great game, but it didn't quite have that Fallout feel to me. From the looks of things, Obsidian has done a great job and I hope that IS the case!

21. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'm going to wait a while for this one.

22. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Because of the bugs? They never fixed the litany of bugs in FO3, so I doubt they'll fix this pos.

23. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  24. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Nope I still haven't finished Fallout 3, besides I been addicted to F1 2010 lately.

25. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I've already got several hours of FNV in and haven't had any real bug problems. I had a glitched mission but it fixed when I loaded my quicksave. Very addictive game so far, but not as much of a barren feel I got with Fallout 3.