Factory can I get in | FerrariChat

Factory can I get in

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by gf1red, Jan 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gf1red

gf1red Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Staten Island N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Hey guys i have a vacation to Italy this June and I has hoping I can get factory tour. However this is my situation. Some of you have posted that the requirements have changed and you need to have a relationship with a dealer in order for them to arrange a tour. Well I stop going to my dealer a few year back for service choosing an independent instead. My question is should I still try to reach out to the dealer or am I going to be wasting my time. Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    What I have heared is that if you show your Ferrari club member card, it is possible to have a factory tour. I don’t Know if this is perfectly true or not though...

3. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    I believe there are multiple threads that show the process. I went 3 years ago and Ferrari of Washington had to enable the process. I did not buy my car from FoW and they only had performed State and Emission inspections for me. Still, I got to know the service manager and the dealership made the arrangements with Ferrari of North America and Maranello. Effectively, I had to prove I owned a Ferrari and send them the documentation and VIN number. Additionally they have a set of rules you have to agree to.

With that done, Maranello sent me a letter that confirmed the visit date, rules and who would be attending (me & my wife). The process took 2-3 weeks to work through.

4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    ^^^^ This ^^^^

Formula Uno likes this.
  5. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Don't wait to long to apply! things move slow in Italy.

Formula Uno likes this.
  6. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Not even remotely true! For quite a few years already, ownership of a Ferrari is required in order to get a factory tour, not just a club membership. Also, the tour has to be booked a long time in advance, no way can you just show up at the factory and show proof of ownership.

As mentioned by the others, your visit needs to be arranged by a Ferrari dealer, and it seems that lately it takes a working relationship to get that dealer to sponsor your visit - either a recent car purchase, or service history at a minimum.

7. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    OP - regardless of how we describe the process...why the heck would you not reach out to your dealer? You surely want to do the tour, and it takes merely a few minutes to call them and ask nicely. You can't fear rejection by a dealership person (that you don't or barely know) that much?

Formula Uno likes this.
  8. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks for making it clear. I want to go there myself one day.

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You have nothing to lose by trying. However, don't call them, go in person to ask. I bought my Ferrari out of state. I went into my local dealer and asked if they would arrange a factory tour. They could not have been nicer or more accomodating. They told me all the documents they would require and I gave them the time frame I would be in Italy. They sent it in and within weeks I got my invitation.

I hope you have the same experience.

Formula Uno likes this.
  10. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I used Maranello's in Surrey, UK to book mine 9 years ago. I had, had some recall work done there on my F355 when I bought it. I also knew the service manager at the time (she still works there).
    Anyway I believe a dealer is really your only option.

11. gf1red

gf1red Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Staten Island N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Thanks for all the responses. Going to dealer next week I'll let you know how I make out.

12. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Although both my cars were originally sold by my local dealer, I have never had them repaired or serviced there. Nevertheless, they were very helpful in arranging our three visits to the factory. We did have to show proof of ownership with each application. And the lead time to get a desired set is significant. We submitted our application the day allocations were released, months in advance.

13. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    When was your most recent visit? The change to require a current working relationship happened within the past two years.

14. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Sept 2017

Maybe because it was the same sales guy that helped us the first two times ??

15. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Visits can also be arranged through the FCA/ Ferrari club if you are a member

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    1) Dealer: My dealer arranged my tour in early September for late October 2018. I had actually applied in early August, but the factory was closed in August, so nothing happened for several weeks. I would allow at least a couple of months in advance of your trip if not more. Once a date was agreed on as available, Ferrari sent an email confirming the date and saying to wait until 4 weeks before the tour at which point I would receive a tour authorization letter which I should print out and bring with me to the factory entrance. That's basically what happened. Get the letter, show up at the gate with it in hand.

2) Ferrari NA: I've been told that you can also apply through Ferrari North America, but not sure if that's true or not, or if it was once true but not any longer.

3) FCA: Finally, FCA recently announced they did have some slots for factory tours, however, they allocated them all within a few hours of the email blast and told everyone to wait until the next time. So basically it's possible to do it through FCA, but it seems it's kind of a lottery and also unpredictable as far as when they become available.

FerrariFinally and Formula Uno like this.
  17. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great info! I was just there in late September, but I did not own my Ferrari yet at that time. Went to the Ferrari Museum, Lamborghini Factory and Pagani Factory through a local tour. All I can say is WOW!

I can't wait to go back to Italy for my Ferrari tour. Too bad there are no dealers in Sacramento and the closest one is SF