Fabulous RHD 412 5 speed for sale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fabulous RHD 412 5 speed for sale

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ramboy, Nov 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I'll spell it out for you:you hold the steering wheel in one hand(depending on what side of the car your steering wheel is),you hold the manual gearstick in the corresponding hand,you(when actually doing the changing of gear,lift your accelerator/gas foot/leg off that pedal as you depress the clutch pedal with the corresponding foot/leg.

As for the rest of your piece,I don't think it requires an answer.

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    The nicks on the binnacle are not uncommon, especially if the driver wears a big ring, as the clearance to the wheel is pretty tight.

3. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Horses for courses but I drove both to confirm that I wanted only the 5 speed. To me, the auto felt relaxed but lazy while the instantaneous response to the throttle input of the 5 speed made me smile on every mile.

4. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I've said this before - while they're cheap enough get at least one auto and one manual. Then you don't care and can enjoy each for their own special characteristics. You all know this makes sense :)

I just love them all.

But then I'm an old softie.....

5. JPinna

JPinna Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Pinna
    If you bought the auto first I can understand why you have two !

6. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The solution is to fit a 25mm Hill Engineering spacer on the steering wheel hub.

M

7. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    You're just jealous......

8. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I wrote to inquire. Hairpin's reply:

Dear Seth,

The Ferrari 412 is offered at £60,000.

Kind Regards,

Neil Dickens

9. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    #34 GT Jones, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That's good news for Bieber.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    You haven't seen Simon drive then..

John

11. ferrari412gt

ferrari412gt Rookie

May 15, 2014
    isn't the asking price a bit too strong

12. NickKerigan

NickKerigan Karting

Mar 17, 2011
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick Kerigan
    IMHO: it's a lovely car but at 75k miles and £60k you could never drive it if you wanted to maintain your investment.
    Which is a shame...

13. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    oh, stop it, Nick! ;-) If someone wishes to invest, buy silver bullion, it's way too low - around US$17./oz down from near US$50./oz four years ago and will double from here within two years. Ferraris are for driving, not investing. If you like the car and it's been really well-maintained, buy the damn thing, don 't leave it in your garage admiring how it grows in value each day, but drive it and enjoy it.

p.s. caveat: I am not an investment advisor and am not giving investment advice, merely offering an uninformed opinion

14. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hear, hear! To the extent that any Ferrari is an investment, it is speculative at best and subject to soaring bubbles and gut wrenching crashes as anyone who has followed the marque's prices over the past 35 years or so knows. Not only that, the liquidity in the market dries up just when you need it.

My favorite story is a fellow Alfa club member in the 70's who picked up a 250GT SWB for $3,500, all the money he had in his checking account at the time, from a seller who was in financial distress and those cars were just old cars.

As for the 400 series, there is an excellent possibility that prices in the U.S. will rise in the future but mainly for well maintained or restored examples. You are going to pay the price for that, either when you buy it with the restoration already included or when you want to sell. May as well drive it and enjoy it. Your depreciation costs will be close to nil and you may even make some money when you sell. Enjoying a Ferrari for the cost of maintenance and insurance only is pretty sweet.

I subscribe to the Jay Leno theory: Buy or restore a car up to 99 points and then drive and enjoy it until it is down to 70 points or so, then repeat the process. :)