Fabulous RHD 412 5 speed for sale | FerrariChat

Fabulous RHD 412 5 speed for sale

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ramboy, Nov 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    I noticed yesterday that The Hairpin Company have #64367 for sale, a very well known 5 speed that has always been well maintained. It looked almost as new when I saw it a few years ago at a Ferrari Owners' Club concours.

I don't know the price - but I expect it will be considerably more expensive than the other two RHD 5 speeds that are currently on the market.

http://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/car-Ferrari-412GT_Manual-1986.html

2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Gorgeous.

3. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #3 samsaprunoff, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day All,

Just adding Documentation... Does anyone know the VIN and/or Chassis Number?

Cheers,

Sam

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    OP says 64367 and seems to be personally familiar with the car, so I'm going with that.

5. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day John,

My apologies... I missed that... I guess my late nights and early mornings are getting too me.

Chassis: 64367 it is.

Cheers,

Sam

6. JPinna

JPinna Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Pinna
    What's the price ?

7. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    The description is such a load of waffle. I found it quite painful to read all that unnecessary verbiage.

8. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Maybe you're just not much of a "fastidious and enthusiastic owner"! :D

So many words, so little actual information about the mechanical systems that have been serviced regularly and what is their current condition (e.g. suspension, brakes, engine, clutch, exhaust, etc. etc.).

Still looks like an excellent example though and, if the service history supports the flowery language for the mileage, well worth looking at.

9. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    Just found out they are asking £60,000, which is not crazy in my opinion given its condition, assuming the oily bits are as good as the body and interior.

10. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Exactly. Lots of name dropping but thin on detail. And only one photo of the interior despite the incredible lengths the first owner went to specifying the brown dash and cream leather.

11. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Car salesfolk,put 'em up there next to real estaters.

House description:Stunning views,etc,etc,etc.
    Then neglect to put a pic of the aformentioned stunning,bloody,view!!!!

Very frustrating,as with this car,if you are a buyer but live,say,in the next state,etc.

12. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Oh sure, throw the real estaters under the bus...
    I'd have to say that is the nicest condition yet worst color combo 412 I've ever seen.

13. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    You're not all bad. I really like the colors on this car, though.

14. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I love the exterior color....I hate that interior....

15. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    Mmm....not fond of the colour either, but a nice looking car. Still very under-rated cars, but that will change in time.
    BUT.....what is so special about having to waive a stick to change gear ? These are fast touring cars with a sporting flavour......gears can still be selected and held with an auto......so why the hype because it has a stick ?

16. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Sorry,old mate....if you don't know the difference of changing gear(using all 4 of your limbs)..........................

then you just don't get it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Particularly when your exhaust pipes are in line with the drivers door of the Porker you are overtaking.........and dropping the clutch,into 3rd..........with 2 more to go.....!

17. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    lol......(all 4 limbs) so YOU use both feet and both hands to change gear......some sticky gearbox you've got there mate...time to get it fixed. !

??? Exhaust pipes level with a Porkers drivers door..??.........presumably then, you are sideways having lost it, otherwise how on earth do you get so out of shape.......unless you're in a Cobra replica and not a 400i.

Got to love this forum for entertainment value alone..!

18. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Despite the fact that your posts have a high troll probability, I'll answer anyway. Have you ever driven both an auto and a 5 speed?

19. JPinna

JPinna Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Pinna
    looking at the pics, the leather on the steering wheel looks a bit naff as does the leather above the main instruments.

I have driven both manual and automatic. The manual tends to change gear when you want it to!

Jerry

20. NickKerigan

NickKerigan Karting

Mar 17, 2011
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick Kerigan
    Yes - I was a bit surprised by that also.
    The car was in C&SC magazine a few years ago and I recall the interior looked in great condition in the pics at that time.

21. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    Ashman......I think you've missed my point.......our cars are 400/I/412 not 250 GTO's.

It is what it is........you can play tunes with auto's .......try it sometimes........still gives lots of smiles......

My little collection of cars includes manuals and autos, and I'm equally happy with both. It's a question of horses for courses, that's all.........hence a 400i IMHO, doesn't need a stick to make it a great car.......and I would not want to pay extra for one just because a salesman tells me the stick is rare. It's not a problem for me.

22. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yes, a 400i is best with a stick.

Otherwise, good for you.

23. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    #23 intrepidcva11, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yorkie, different strokes for different folks; it's clear you are not worse, not better, but different. One cannot possibly play equivalent or satisfactory tunes with a 400 or 412 auto. Not to knock the auto's, they are pleasant highway cruisers; they are extremely unsatisfactory, unsatisfying to drive on secondary roads. I've had both, a 400i auto that I loved on the Interstates but loathed on back roads and sold within two months of buying it. And currently have a 412GT that I can hammer along on secondary roads and not impede the 430 and Denise McCluggage's 275 NART Spider that's following me in the photos. Impossible to drive thus in an automatic 400/412.

It's not that the stick is rare. It's that for most, the stick is simply no fun to drive, something for which Ferraris are famous.

P.S. IMHO within two years this car, in excellent condition, will be selling in excess of $150K = 100,000 quid.

24. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    Interesting., and I accept all your points with good grace. Even so, with D2, D and kickdown to play with, there are still some nice tunes to be played, and it's easy to get used to. Then again, I wouldn't consider driving my 400I at 10/tenths, for me, it isn't that kind of car, and it isn't why I bought it. Others do it better.

25. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    and I yours with good grace. Nor would I nor did I drive my 412 at 10/10ths on that lovely informal 'road/rally' run to lunch at the Lake George Club, perhaps 6 or 7/10ths. I selected those photos with a purpose: note the following 430 is way too early on the apex and has braked late, so is on my bumper in the first photo. In the second, I'm on the throttle and opening the gap while he's still looking for the apex. One couldn't possibly be in the appropriate lower gear in an auto 400/412. P.S. that was actually Denise McCluggage driving the pale yellow 275 NART Spider on that run. Enjoy your 400i as I know you will!