F8 Spider | Page 50 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpaceMan1969

SpaceMan1969 Rookie

Mar 16, 2021
    Seattle, WA
    Like I didn't have enough colors to contend with. The car looks amazing. Look forward to the HD shots when it's in your driveway.

ScottS likes this.
  2. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Thank you that’s appreciated.. should receive it end of next week. Went for a bi colour idea, Titanium and Red accents car inside and out except for the Yellow Ferrari Shields, Boot Emblem and Emblem on Steering Wheel. Can only make out the Red Rings on Air Vents from that photo!

3. SpaceMan1969

SpaceMan1969 Rookie

Mar 16, 2021
    Seattle, WA
    Seattle. I put my initial deposit on 4/19. I was basically told 12 - 18 months. It was vague and non committal answer however the rep had very high confidence I would get an allocation. The dealers have so little control from my understanding and is all driven by the FACTORY. I was out in Palm Springs Ferrari and confirmed the 18 month expected outcome. From my casual open conversation he stated they are very behind on Spiders right now. Covid, supply chains has made everything so crazy. Who knows, hope springs eternal. Worse case I get a hybrid F6 spider in 2023/2024.

4. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    My understanding is that many (or some) dealers are basically "full" on F8 Spider orders. In other words, some of the later ones may not receive an allocation from the factory in the end, so the dealers are starting to be told by Italy to stop taking further ones. And as always, I am sure there will be some swapping to favor preferred clients....just how business works.

We know that F8 production will only continue for another what....2 years at max? And they are building F8's, Roma, SF90s, Ports, GTS, 812VC, etc. now. Only so much room on the line, and the SUV is coming too.

Or this is merely sales tactics, take your pick. But it does stand to reason given where exotic sales are at the moment. That can change in an instant though.....

5. Vladislav Pochuev

Mar 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Vladislav Pochuev
  6. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
  7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    technom3 and Chizz like this.
  8. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    #1239 JJ77, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
    Well not HD, but will have to do.. in summary wanted to just be Titanium and Red combo this time. I would normally spec the Carbon dashboard inserts but the F8 standard aluminum look is much darker now and that blends better with Grigio Titanio exterior. Carbon down the centre and Driving Zone. I special requested Red Stitching Mats, instead of the Grigio Scurro mats that would have come as the Stitching option. I thought Red in this area lifts the interior, and blends in with what I was trying to achieve. Very happy with end result. Exterior had to take off the yellow hubcaps as they definitely clash with red caliper option and had to do the Tricolore Emblem, as for me on the Spider this whole painted area needs breaking up a bit with another colour visual. F8 Tributo has the glass engine bay for that, but Spider needs that Tricolore Emblem IMO..and the reason I didn’t go Red stitch, was for me the F8 dashboard stitching area, is too close together and too much stitching and the red there looks too much for me, but I’m sure I’m in the minority.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

vonbeeler, ScottS, Xrayv8 and 8 others like this.
  9. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
  10. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  11. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    Mine is coming in August, hopefully, blu corsa with crema/nero interior. Since this render was produced, I've deleted the black band at the top of the hood because of potential issues applying PPF (a must have if the peppered paintwork on my 488 GTB is anything to go by). I've also gone for the standard wheels partly because I don't much care for the enhanced wheels and they've recently announced accessory wheels for the 488 which I much prefer and which will be coming to the F8. You can't order them at build, only an accessory, something like $12000 + tyres.

A word about the blue trim inside. They have two leathers which don't eactly match the blu corsa. The first, baby blue, is lighter and to my eyes doesn't look right. The second is a shade darker, azzurro santorini, which is what I am having. You can see I've also deleted the grey patches on the seats. The stitching needs to be done in a special thread, code 816.

I've restricted myself to an options spend of 25% of the base car price, here in the UK, a total of a bit under $400k including sales taxes.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. SpaceMan1969

SpaceMan1969 Rookie

Mar 16, 2021
    Seattle, WA
    How lovely the build you have selected. Makes me rethink my interior options. Do you have any images of the wheel option you mentions? I'm in the same camp that I don't like the forged wheels and plan to just go with the standard wheels. It's hard to restrain on options. It's easy to get carried away...

BLUESL and jm2 like this.
  13. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    Thank you, I had a good experience of the Ferrari Atelier in Maranello in specifying the car. They’re not on a mission to sell you every last option but helpfully make the options known. I think it’s mainly done by video call at the moment but my visit followed by a private factory tour last year was a special day.

Anyway, here is a picture of the accessory wheels which are not yet available for the F8, even though the wheel specifications appear identical to the 488. They come apparently with the titanium wheel bolts which cannot be used with the standard wheels.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
  15. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    I think so -my spec is with blue calipers and Blu Sterling interior with yellow accents.--coming soon-very excited!

Chizz and jm2 like this.
  16. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I've ordered my GTs in Blu Corsa with full Blu Sterling inside (including seat back, dash, headliner etc..) and agree that the one blue trim I was offered was more of a baby blue and does not look well with Blu Sterling or with a black interior after seeing many 488 spiders built that way. So, like you I went with Azzuro Santorini and wanted the stitching to match. After a couple months we found the exact match which can be ordered thru Modis as an Extra Companario and it is called Azzuro Santorini #1318. I've attached a photo which I got from TM New York boutique that has the Azurro Santorini leather next to the Blu Sterling (looks black but can assure it is the Blu leather) with the various blue thread available. As you can see the 1318 is a closer match to the Azzuro Santori. I wanted to pass this along this info to you in case you are as obsessive as I was when speccing to have a true match.

egt1165A and cpd1 like this.
  17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Well at least we know you have good taste!;)

ScrappyB likes this.
  18. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    Yes, this is from a picture the dealer sent me of baby blue trim with blu corsa... doesnt look right at all.

LIke you, I've gone for Azzurro Santorini 59120 leather for the seat stripe and the thread I chose was a shade darker than 1318, 816.