F8 Spider | Page 49 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    When I test drove the F8 the test car was a spider. The one thing that turned me off was that this specific car had a rattle sound coming from the top. It rattled on hard turns and over rough parts of the road. Are folks experiencing this or was that test car just a bit loose?

2. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    Hey Bbb. I will certainly be extra careful for the first few miles. Not had so much as a wheel scuff or a parking scrape in the Speciale over 6 years and that doesn’t even have parking sensors. I guess you get used to being careful. Only a couple of weeks to wait now!

3. SpaceMan1969

SpaceMan1969 Rookie

Mar 16, 2021
    Seattle, WA
    Hello,

I have been reviewing different configuration threads, special equipment documents and the F8 Spider price sheet. Here is my first pass at a potential configuration. Does anyone have any feedback on the configuration or things I might be missing? The price of the carbon bits are a bit ridiculous so I'm trying to use it sparingly. I would love to get the Carbon Fiber door panels, Rear Boot Trim and the Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler insert. The challenge I'm finding is carbon really blows the price out of the already boiling water, a common affliction I suspect. Maybe I just splurge on the door panels.

Exterior Color: Corsa Blu
    Interior Color: NERO
    Carpet Color: NERO

Titanium Wheel Bolts
    Yellow Brake Calipers
    Carbon Fiber B-Post Trim
    Scuderia Ferrari Shields
    Matt Grigio Corsa Standard Rims

Standard Racing Seats (Large)
    Blue Stripe down center of Seat
    Racing Seat Lifter
    Carbon Fiber Driving Zone + LED's
    Carbon Fiber Central Bridge
    Horse Stitched in Headrests
    Colored Special Stitching – Corsa Blu Comparable
    Upper Part in Alcantara (roof liner)
    Mirror in Alcantara
    Rear Storage Shelf in Alcantara
    Yellow Rev Counter

AFS System
    Back Radar- Blind Spot and Rear Cross Path Detection
    Suspension Lifter
    Advanced Front Driving Camera- Traffic Sign Recognition/Lane Departure
    HomeLink Garage Door Opener
    Electrochromic Rearview Mirror
    Parking Camera
    Front and Rear Parking Sensors
    HiFi Sound System

Thanks!

4. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    Hey SpaceMan.
    That is quite a comprehensive spec and the most important thing is to get the spec you are happy with.
    Regarding the external carbon. As an alternative you could have the mat black painted gloss or, I expect you will be getting PPF fitted, so you could have a gloss PPF applied to lift those parts.
    I expect that as soon as we experience getting behind the wheel in our new F8 Spider, we soon forget most of the small details that pain us so much beforehand. Good luck with your journey.

Melvok likes this.
  5. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Mine has been fantastic. No problems.

6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Beautiful! Can I ask for some pictures from the rest? Thanks a lot!

7. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Looks like a cool car.

But - FYI

One suggestion - some F8's have the entire hood painted, and some have a matte black finish at the top of the hood near the windshield. It doesn't show up on the consumer configurator, but the dealer has to check a box on which you want. I think the default is the black.

Might not matter to you, it did to me when I ordered. I wanted the entire hood painted the same.

jm2 and wthensler like this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Once u give ur deposit and place an order in the system , can u cancel at all? I was told u could till 6 months before delivery where u usually pay for your options. I guess u would just lose ur deposit then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    There's no right or wrong answer on this. Choose what you like.
    I chose mine without. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT2goneF, AD211, Clembo and 2 others like this.
  10. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    I am looking at Rosso Fiorano with black interior for my F8 Spider .... anyone ordered it in this colour? ,,,, thoughts on resale value? Currently have a 488 Spider in Titanio Grigio.

11. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Hard to tell but is that Giallo Modena with Nero seats and black calipers? Sharp!
    Love the yellow- mine coming next month and opted for yellow with Blu Sterling seats and Blue calipers and am totally anxious to see it in person.

jm2 likes this.
  12. SpaceMan1969

SpaceMan1969 Rookie

Mar 16, 2021
    Seattle, WA
    This car looks very good in yellow, the launch color. Some days I'm white, some yellow and other blue. I think I need three Ferrari's to meet different moods.

Agree it's up to each individual on what they like. I didn't know about the black band but now see it on some cars. I thought that maybe a carbon fibre piece initially. In reviewing the price sheet the big heavy items are Carbon and the specialized paints. Its those items that blow up the pricing. Wish there were more wheel options, of course after markets are always an option. I plan to sit down with the dealer sometime soon and work on a design with their tools. The Seattle location is being remodeled and plan to wait till they finish rather then doing it out of their service center. They should have all the latest design tools available to touch and feel once they complete.

jm2 likes this.
  13. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Know exactly what you mean and why I drove my salesman batty constantly changing my spec depending on mood and seeing someone elses'
    But thank God there are no ugly ones.

14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Yes, mine is the Triplo-coat Yellow, with a black interior and yellow 'skunk stripe'
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT2goneF and Clembo like this.
  15. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Gorgeous-I just couldn't see spending the extra $$$$ on the Triplo yellow but it's a nicer yellow--oh well.

jm2 likes this.
  16. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Well none of this makes any sense anyway.
    Logic & reason flew out the window a long time ago when it came to Ferrari ownership. :rolleyes:

Boots and Cigarzman like this.
  17. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    So true the "want" always conquers the need or logic ,especially with Ferraris

18. SpaceMan1969

SpaceMan1969 Rookie

Mar 16, 2021
    Seattle, WA
    Quick question about those Racing Seats. Do you recall the price of the seat stripe and starry Alcantara pattern for the seats? Your spec looks very close to the launch build, amazing fun build. I'm basically looking to something very similar just in Corsa Blu. My favorite three colors. Corsa Blu, Bianca Italia, Giallo Triplo Strato. I flipped between the three at least twice in the last couple of months. Good thing I have all the time in the world till I hopefully get an allocation. Word on the street is we are looking at 18-24 months on any new deposits.

jm2 likes this.
  19. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Seat Stripe CLDT is £674 over the pond so about $1000, and the pattern in the seat I think you are referíng to is standard, and Alcántara an option. Hope for a 18 month delivery, if it’s 24 month, you will be driving a V6 Hybrid Spider not F8 Spider…

20. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I’ll check my sticker.

21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    They don't call out the stripe as far as I can tell. There is a $1181 charge called 'colored inner details' that may be the stripe. The seat fabric is std with the racing seats I believe as there is no specific callout for it. Your dealer is your friend. They can easily answer these questions.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Ferrari of sf told me 12 months, where are u located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    For all you Grigio Titanio Fan Boys…. my 1st Ferrari was a Grigio Titanio 355 GTB, had to go back to it for the last of the V8 line..

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Bellisimo!

ScottS and JJ77 like this.