F8 Spider | Page 26 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Be careful with what you wish for. Black color while gorgeous, so hard to maintain and you can see every little swirl mark and spiderweb scratches. I love it but I hate it. My CLS 63S is and will be my last black car ever.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    My Lusso which is my winter daily is black. Nero Stellato tri layer to be precise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I didn't want to jinx you or send bad vibes but I lived in NY and NJ and figured that it would probably be from dealer to garage by the time you get it. hopefully/maybe you may be able to drive it to take it home and maybe around the neighborhood before you have to store it. We got rain, hail, sleet and snow yesterday in Southern California. However, nothing lasts or sticks here except in the mountains. So I am still good for now. I just don't have it yet and probably won't for a while. Not driving it anywhere with triple layer paint. California highways are the best known for paint chips. So no driving until my car guy does paint correction, PPF and ceramic. Also doing some other personal touches before it comes out. So it will be here later this month or early December and won't have it back for a month or two.

jim g likes this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I love black, but I would rather be the spectator admiring your TL Nero pain than the owner. So with my experience, I went total opposite, Bianco Italia... However, I I couldn't walk away from black so I got the Nero roof. Considered Nero Daytona, but I think metallic black wouldn't look as good as just plain glossy black against the Bianco Italia.

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It is not bad
    Bonnet, mirrors, CF side skirts, and front bumper/splitter is wrapped in Suntek. The rest is ceramic coated. I have a storage tank of filtered rain water for washing, and I use a process that lets me wash the car with very little effort. The combination of a self healing film and self healing coating, really makes life easy.

greg328 and GT2goneF like this.
  6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Bold but I think it would work. What wheel/caliper combination?

I ordered my F8 Spider in the launch spec (triple layer yellow, silver forged wheels, black calipers). It was in status 50 as of a week ago so it should be approaching completion. Oddly, I’ve not yet received the first production line photo yet and the app still shows ‘waiting list’.

jm2 and GT2goneF like this.
  7. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Cap’n Nero, great job on the spec and color combo. Can’t wait to see it!

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Silver wheels, black calipers. Exterior trim painted Nero satin as opposed to Nero opaco, CF and regular plastic. Possibly exterior Argento "dreamlines".
    Two tone interior in Nero w. Grigio Medio accents and reversed seat colours w. Nero seat center and Grigio Medio stitching.
    Silver rev counter.and satin black interior trim w. painted Argento dreamlines.

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm also considering Giallo TS. Just not sure what to do with interior. But could work with a Nero Grigio interior. Not a huge fan of just yellow/black. Gets a bit too "bumblebee" for me

Quite sure you will see a photo soon. When they did my Pista Spider I was at 70 before getting anything.

ScrappyB and GT2goneF like this.
  10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    The Blue Sterling interior on the US dealer demos was very, very nice IMO when paired with the yellow exterior, although I think those cars were giallo modena and not the triple layer...T

italiafan likes this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm Danish. I cannot own a car that has yellow and blue;)

greg328, GT2goneF and tomc like this.
  12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Taking care of a black car is no longer an issue as long as it’s wrapped ( whole car ) in a quality PPF. No swirls , no scratches , no muss no fuss. It can be washed with no issues. This will be my 4th black F car. Best , Kirk.

greg328 and GT2goneF like this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    True.

All my cars are PPF'd except the CLS (ironically, which is my only black car). I decided against PPF because it had several paint chips already and wrapping it, although it would prevent further chips, would be a waste of time as it would need to be removed if I decided to paint the front.

Cigarzman likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Don't worry, they will send and then soon after, the other two. The car is still being worked on. Beautiful selection in exterior color. LOVE GTS!

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Love GTS!!!! It is a truly magical color!

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

The regular black plastic isnt painted. So are you optioning to spray them Nero satin ? Any idea on price and code ? Same with the inside ? What is Argento dreamlines ?

Question , silver wheels why not silver calipers ?

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Don't know the price of painted outside trim for the F8. For the 812 GTS it is 8000 Euro. By comparison, full CF was 20k Euro including diffuser. No idea about the code. It's a special option. I have it on my 488 as well. Looks much better than just plastic and feels nice to the touch. Here's a pic of the plastic trim painted Grigio Silverstone on what should have been my Porto. Never took delivery though. Same price, so I reckon it's the same for the F8.
    https://www.formulaauto.dk/biler-paa-lager/bil/?id=2124469157

I have silver calipers on my 488, or at least they used to be. Like mdrun said, I paid a lot for the custom finish lol. They get an odd gold'ish discolouring from the heat when tracked. And even though it's more of a summer daily, who am I kidding. It will see the odd track day too:)

What I mean by Argento Dreamlines, are dreamlines painted on things like the side of the bridge, end of paddles, steeringwheel etc. in the silver colour Argento Nürburring. Same on the outside on the edge of the side skirts, the bonnet etc.
    Look at how the silver lines are done on this Pista. That is my inspiration.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    There are several ways of doing it,

Avia11, greg328, Boomhauer and 5 others like this.
  18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

OK, I understand. Looks really good.

19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    #644 ScrappyB, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    I hear you on the bumble bee look which is why I avoided the race seats with a central yellow stripe. Opted for black leather racing Daytonas with yellow stitching to minimize the bumble bee effect.

I find the heavily sculpted front end of the F8 suits triple layer paints very well. It’s almost a shame to not take advantage of it. I struggled to appreciate Giallo TS on the SF90 launch car since there are a limited number of sharp creases, radii and undercuts to really show off the paint.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jm2, stavura, italiafan and 1 other person like this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Beautiful color. I am sure the picture doesn't do justice to what it must look like in person. I can only imagine how much better it must be.

21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    This video does a pretty good job of showing the dynamic nature of GTS.

Warning: this link may cause damage to your wallet

jm2 and GT2goneF like this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am well aware. I have a Two tone Bianco Italia on the way... Yeah, my wallet will undergo an unprecedented and dramatic weight loss program.

greg328 likes this.
  23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Correct, the test drive car was Giallo NOT the Tri-Coat Giallo.
    Wasn't a fan of the blue interior w/yellow. Even IF I might be a University of Michigan fan. ;)

tomc likes this.
  24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    If one were to do GTS with Blu Sterling interior do you think white/gray stitching would be okay? I wouldn’t want yellow stitching next to BS leather, too much.
    I was thinking of doing blu Abu Dhabi but I keep coming back to Ferrari’s most beautiful color...GTS.
    (I have 458 Spider in GTS over black....and I am so tired of black interiors.)

Insights appreciated!

greg328 likes this.