F8 Spider | Page 22 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    I agree with beige.

2. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Woooww....the cameras on the bottom of the side mirrors are horrid!! Good thing the car is gorgeous tho...hehe

3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    They are even worse in life, they look like 2 mini dome cameras you see in the supermarket hanging under the wing mirrors
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

FLU likes this.
  4. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Ahaha tipical Ferrari, everything except the engine is an afterthought. They were like, oh we need to add cameras...hmmm.. screw it, just instal a potato in the mirrors, idiot customers wont notice as long as it says Ferrari everywhere in the car.

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Are you calling Ferrari customers idiots?

jm2 likes this.
  6. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    :(

Igor Ound likes this.
  7. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lol, I am a complete idiot then

Igor Ound likes this.
  8. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    i think it is a decent request to have proper parking cameras for a 300k convertible. it is end of 2020.

Randyslovis, tekaefixe and ryalex like this.
  9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Arsenio Hall used to have a running gag entitled "Things That Make You Say Hmmmm!" I was just looking over the pics of the F8S that I test drove and one's I saw on YouTube, and I don't see those camera bumps.

T

10. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    It’s only on cars with the “surround view” option not just the front and rear camera option.

NMNMNMN and Igor Ound like this.
  11. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
  12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is too funny.

13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Review was pretty much dead on. The close proximity of the brake pedal to the throttle is concerning and a nuisance. Surprising more F8 owners have not opined upon this issue. There is another minor quirk that is annoying. When coming to a stop and henceforth starting to accelerate at a slow speed, there is a slight banging noise emanating from the area of the brake pedal. I brought it to the dealer's attention and at first they could not determine the source of the problem. They then sent a video to Ferrari to get their advice. A few days later the diagnosis determined that is the ABS actuator as the cause and it is normal and not in any way a defect. The dealer further tested 4 other F8 in stock and witnessed the same phenomenon. Once one becomes aware of this noise, it is difficult to ignore it.

14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Agree with the pedal spacing, I’ve found I need to wear “driving” shoes like piloti’ s or moccasins to avoid the brake pedal. Regular “running” shoes are too wide usually, and can catch both pedals unless always paying attention to it. I noticed the brake pedal thing too and thought is was normal is it does that when the parking brake engages and you feel/hear accumulator pressure.

15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The bang noise is consistent without the parking brake engaging. Happens every time the car is slowing down and just prior to a full stop. As well as slowly accelerating after a full stop.

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree, it was a pretty good review. The pedals may be an issue for taller people. For me, it isn't an issue. Luckily or unluckily, I have an F1 build, small and thin, so it doesn't really matter but they are indeed close to each other. Since I am used to driving a manual, the pedals of the F8 are pretty much as close as the GT2's.

However, I did not appreciate the noise... Thanks for making me aware... Now I am going to look for it and it will annoy me for the rest of my or the car's life. Will see.

17. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I have small feet so no issue on the pedals and I have not noticed any weird noise and I am not about to try to find it. (Then it will bug the crap out of me!)

GT2goneF likes this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I was thinking the same thing. I have the perfect driving shoes for it. I still have a pair of Puma L.I.F.T. Racers...

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Makes two of us; but now that you are conscious about it, one day you will hear it and there goes Buddyg and his F8 filing for divorce.

20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Never this thing is too perfect! Gorgeous, smooth
    and super fast!

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    So.... Not from the car... Hmmm

22. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This sounds like one of those issues that just buggs the hell out of you, have to turn up the radio as the stock exhaust just won't hide it

GT2goneF likes this.