F8 - F8 Spider owner reviews | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Spider owner reviews

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by tekaefixe, May 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Hi guys!

To the ones of you that have the F8 Spider, how happy are you with it? If you had the previous models, 458, 488 how do you compare the F8
    Since right now there’s no way to bypass the particle filter how happy unhappy are you with the sound?
    This is a dolce vita car not a track car, how do you rate the dolce vita from 0 to 10?
    Would you guys sell/trade your F8 Spider?
    If so for which model?

thanks a lot guys, one thing is the opinion of the internet or a journalist other thing are the owners.

JariT likes this.
  2. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Everything seems dull and numb compared to a 458, so other models should be used for fair comparison ;)

430jm likes this.
  3. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Why cant particle filter be bypassed? Im curious how it can be in Australia as from what i was told out crap sulpher content that is permitted in au is 5 times more and causes issues with it?

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#4 Cigarzman, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    The car is amazing in every way you would imagine. I’m thrilled with car , looks , fit , finish and the acceleration. The only negative is the poor engine note. Something definitely needs to be done so I’ve ordered a Novitec valve controller that supposedly works as they told me they have sold about 30 with no issues.
    I will keep you posted on that. I had the 458 spider and the 488 spider . That said if I can get the valves opened like I did on the 488 I will be very happy. Is it worth the 100k delta from my 488 spider ? I’m going to say yes. However the engine sound was definitely a let down from Ferrari. And no I’m not looking to trade this anytime in the near future.

Dijit, MANDALAY, Chizz and 2 others like this.
  5. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    This car is BOSS in every way. It is an absolute dream car. The esthetics, drive, speed, comfort, etc. etc. can’t be matched. It’s just plain awesome. I can’t imagine what I would move on to next.

tekaefixe, Dijit, AD211 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Just put a gpf delete exhaust and that’s done:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tekaefixe likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

It can- jus spend 15K or so on a good novi exhaust

8. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Wonder how a 458 would compare in an enclosed setting like this...

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Obviously the 458 has a better sound and my FF even better !!
    But around a track...
    All depends what ur usage is

10. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Yes , one could do that and void your brand new F8’s warranty…… Um …. I think I’ll pass. The same applies to a GPF exhaust delete .

Chizz likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

It all depends. I hear u but for me sound is pretty important. I spent 10k on the ff for it to sound like it should and then picked up the warranty which wouldn’t have covered this but well it was my choice;)

12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sound is important to me as well but I’m not going to roll the dice on a new 400k rig. I will let you do that and when you have an issue let me know how that works out for you.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Well as per my dealer it will certainly void the warranty so ur decision is totally understood and wise!

Cigarzman likes this.
  14. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I'm very happy with the F8 spider. I had a 458 spider, 488 coupe and spider, pista, f8 coupe and now the spider. Its more refined them the previous versions and faster. If you want something more raw and slower get the 458, I have no complaints on the f8 spider besides the sound, and I got the novitec exhaust buts its still not as good. If I just wanted sound though, I would have kept my aventador sv or 812. I like having carplay and some of the other creature comforts. I guess it all depends on how often you will drive as well. I like putting miles on my cars and driving regularly.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Indoor only, no outdoor real world capture?!?!

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Check the end of the video, they drive it out door

17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Everything has pretty much been said, but having had a 458 Spider & a 488 Spider, and now a F8 Spider, each one had gotten progressively better in my experience. The sound is the only element where there was no progress and in fact a degradation. But welcome to 2021. I have no regrets regarding moving from the 458 > 488 > F8. Might not be for everyone, but it worked for me.

Haven't experienced any issues with the F8.
    Adequate HP. :rolleyes:
    All systems go. Ferrari has developed the V8 Mid Engined architecture to the n'th degree.
    Whats not to like?
    We live in a special time regarding the automobile. 100 years of the ICE are slowly making way for whatever is 'next'.
    Things are headed for a totally different direction.
    Enjoy it while it lasts.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jamie140, Texas2step, Chizz and 6 others like this.
  18. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Thanks so much guys! Please let me know about the novitec exhaust or whatever solution you find that gives the car a better sound.