F8 or STO? | Page 91 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    He stated why he does not like the brand. He does not trust the brand. I can appreciate that. He also suggested we try and keep our comments largely focused in STO or F8. I can appreciate that too.

I can also appreciate that many on Fchat do not enjoy our incessant ramblings about how glorious the 765LT is (of which I am one of the primary culprits). We love the car, but our love can be a little much for the mainstream Ferrari fan.

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I have no hate for the brand, but I also have no interest in it for reasons I have stated. I would feel the same way about say Bugatti for example, but for different reasons.

And once again since you seem to love ice cream (I would rather have a slice of cake), I have the same interest level in a 765LT whether they produce 1 or 1,000,000.

I keep wishing you a great ownership experience with it, does that somehow offend you?

rpmtifosi and Boomhauer like this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Agree to your point but there are those who have not personally heard the sound of a car .yet will post opinions about its engine noise. Strange.

Shadowfax and Shark01 like this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    True. And as we all know, cars sound much different from the inside than they do from the outside.

Shark01 likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #2255 Coincid, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    Due to the muting of most of the latest turbo engines, gimmickry is often employed to enhance the interior noise.

Shark01 and Thecadster like this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    No not offended at all by your's or anyones hating on Mclaren/765 - that one's your/their loss not mine. I thought I made that pretty clear?
    PS as an fyi the 765 sounds very tough too.:cool:

Coincid likes this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Personally, I do not care at all to convince anyone to purchase a 765 or any other car. It does not benefit or hurt me in any manner. I only mention the 765 to authentic super car enthusiasts, that experiencing the car is revelatory whether it conforms to one's priorities or preferences, it will prove illuminating.

8. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    How can you equate non interest with hating something? Is that an Aussie language use difference?

As long as I am happy with my choices (so far so good), I don’t consider things I don’t choose a loss of any type.

Shack and Boomhauer like this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2259 Shadowfax, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    Why keep on and on trying to convince everyone then?

No one with a 765 could give a toss whether you like it or not - we just find the justifications and other feeble attempts to convince yourself and everyone here you're all good with it when clearly that can't possibly be the case.....else why keep going on trying to convince otherwise when clearly no one is buying it?

Anyway this is really getting rhetorical now. The facts speak for themselves so time to move on for your own sake's as the hole is only getting deeper by the justification.

10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    My dealer gave me an update yesterday. Looks like my STO won’t hit until Jan/Feb 2022. My own damn fault for dragging my feet on the spec.

Ash Patel and Shark01 like this.
  11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I’m not, just trying to point out that in the US, non interest in something is not the same as hating it.

Shack and Boomhauer like this.
  12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Non interest would be by definition, the absence of concern or regard. Numerous comments on a single topic suggests quite the contrary.

Shark01 and Shadowfax like this.
  13. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    That’s not really bad though, when Ferrari used to quote 2-3 year deliveries for hot models. That is an area where supply chains have improved over the years. Just don’t push it hard until Spring.....lol

Thecadster likes this.
  14. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I would agree, which is why I stated my reasoning for non interest just once with no intention of repeating it. Others could learn from your definition.

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    You are! Whatever term you want to apply to the justification doesn’t matter - just stop beating yourself up over it and move on fgs.

Start talking about F8 and STO or we will go back to talking about what Dusty wants to talk about which is a 718 or Gt3!:D

16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Whatever my justification is for non-interest matters to me and that is all that matters to me. Another recent car I have no interest in is the new Lotus.

Was just this morning talking to Cadster about his STO delivery. Will be great to hear his opinion about it when received.

Thecadster, Shack and Boomhauer like this.
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Everything is delayed. I am guessing I will be a late delivery as well and maybe into the spring but I am not rushing it. The guys I race with and I are planning for a Lambo factory visit in the fall to get our Evo 2's delivered. This actually has me more excited.

Thecadster, Shack and SoCal to az like this.
  18. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
  19. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    "There was a time when the hottest and baddest Huracan was the Performante. It was soon joined by the Performante Spyder. Since then, the Huracan has transformed from being a serious supercar to an absolute track weapon.

At the end of last year, Lambo unveiled the Huracan STO – a more track-focused version. The next logical step would be to launch the Huracan STO Spyder. But, we can now confirm that we will not see a Spyder version of the STO.

As you might know, the STO was developed as a Super Trofeo race car for the street by the Squadra Corse racing division. Given how track-oriented it is, it wouldn’t have made sense to introduce an open-top version.

The coupe comes with a 5.2-liter, naturally aspirated V10 engine that delivers 640 hp and 417 lb-ft @ 5,600 rpm. The bulky all-wheel-drive system has been replaced with a simpler rear-wheel-drive setup. Other weight-saving measures have reduced the overall weight of the car by 43 kg compared to the Performante.

Lamborghini is likely to unveil something more exciting at Pebble Beach this year. We have been told that the Countach Homage could make its public debut at the event."

https://www.thesupercarblog.com/exclusive-lamborghini-will-not-build-a-huracan-sto-spyder/

Thecadster likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This is all fine and dandy but huracan replacement is not due till what- 2024? What are they going to do between now and then? No nee huracan models??

Gh21631 likes this.
  21. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Oh Shadow you made the same arguments when you had your Pista. Believe it or not there are people who don’t want certain cars for whatever reason. You do seem to think your latest car is what everyone should own and if they don’t they are not relevant. I didn’t want a Pista then and still don’t now. I won’t say I don’t want a 765lt because it is an incredible car but shock of shocks I would not give up my F8 to have the 765. Why because I am a Ferrari fan boy and will always own a Ferrari. Unfortunately I’m not financially able to own both or I would.

Boomhauer and Shark01 like this.
  22. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sorry for going off topic but you should buy a Pinto. Visceral, deep. Ton of fun. And I think you can afford both if you stretch financially a tad.

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Maybe I could swing a Yugo?

Shark01 and SoCal to az like this.
  24. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Interesting you got the UNICA app, I thought it was only for those whose car builds were imminent.

Yes, the STO deliveries are finally rolling. I saw one that looked similar to the reveal, and I feel vindicated. Mine will be awesome , I just know it…….

Shack and Gh21631 like this.
  25. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Mine too - Super excited to eventually see it. Lambo hit a home run with this car

Shark01 and wthensler like this.