F8 Limited Run | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Limited Run

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Chizz, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Car was not on consignment. Dealer purchased it back from me.They are by far, the biggest dealer in the country. I was surprised it took so long to sell.

2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Go to another dealer or buy a second hand one !

3. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    If I could find a spec I liked under sticker I’d buy that now rather than order. Don’t really want to wait 6 months but don’t want to pay over sticker for something I didn’t spec, not for an f8 at least. Most online don’t have sticker posted but everyone has sent me the sticker when asked and every single one is 15K over at the least.

Going to do my own spec tomorrow!! Excited. Think I’ll go with Nero Daytona. Was thinking about matte aluminum until I saw the 30K paint price . To bad about no lightweight F8 version, would be cool to see how Ferrari would evolve the CS/scud/speciale/pista bloodline.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Viperjoe and Chizz like this.
  4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    matte aluminum is simply stunning. I would do it if I were to spec it. I will also add in the hand paint shield for 16k. That 16k hand paint shield worth every penny when you know you are paying 4k for a free apple carplay.

5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nero Daytona is gorgeous on that car , now what about the interior? FWIW , I went with Nero Daytona with a red and black interior that looks money.

LARRYH, italiafan and Chizz like this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    F8 Spiders will definitely roll off the line into 2022. My dealer is currently doing cars with build slots as late as Nov, Dec and Jan. So my guess is that they will run until the August holidays at least.

Of course it makes sense for a dealer to say that production is about to end, in order to get buyers in. Last configs will probably need to be in about a year from now. If the line retools for LB during August 2022.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Chizz likes this.
  7. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    If LB production doesn’t start until August 2022 I wonder if they will try and squeeze in an F8 special. I know the general feeling is no, but will Ferrari be able to resist?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    If that is the case, they are late. There would have been a test mule out on Fiorano and around town.

Chizz likes this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    From what I gather, LB will be shown sometime after August. Then like with the SF90 people can place orders, and like with the SF90, there will be a gap between launch and production.

10. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    June launch presentation for F171

Senna1994 likes this.
  11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Thank you. The Dates I heard are between June and July as well. Here is to seeing what LB will look like.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ah. I just remembered different. Have no interest, sk not something that I try to keep track of.

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. JBOMD

JBOMD Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    JBOMD
    Has Ferrari officially announced that there is not going to be an F8 scud/speciale/pista version?

14. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    No not to my knowledge, you have to wondered this being a public company now they are looking to make money in all different ways ,they know these special version models are Big Money for them. Food for thought.

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Heard from 3 separate dealers that there WILL NOT be a lightweight F8, that the Tributo will be exactly that, a tribute to the original V8 model, which there was no lightweight/special/track focused car, unless you include the 288 GTO, but that was built for a different reason.

I am a Ferrari stockholder and was invited to the shareholders call, I am sure they will release information related to this as it is their top selling model, I will let you know what I hear on the 15th of this month, they usually lets some good stuff slip.

Was also told by multiple reliable sources that they will build far less F8 coupes than the recent V8 runs, they will allocate more spiders, they make more on the spiders, they will ultimately build less F8 coupes than Pista coups.

Caeruleus11, Robert P, Drson and 3 others like this.
  16. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    Well I hear you and I don't doubt what your are saying, but you would have to admit this is a lost opportunity for them. I too am a shareholder, it will be interesting to see what they say!

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If the LB (F171) is the F8 replacement, there will be no F8VS, makes no sense to reveal the replacement car and then introduce a new version of the now replaced car

...plus, on the track lineup, the 488 is still the current model, you might expect to find an F8 Challenge Car, but there is none

https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/competizioni-gt/488-gt-modificata

was revealed just over 4 months ago

18. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Maybe they are stopping it because it is not selling? Locally, dealers are advertising on social media soliciting people to build and order one. I have never seen that before during the two decades I have been buying their mid-engine V8 cars.

19. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    I guess after all this chatter I am fortunate to be getting my F8 Spider in June -July and at a "bargain" ---list price!

jm2 likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Not officially or unofficially. Not even a rumor. Either the best kept secret or there likely won't be one. I bet on the latter.

Senna1994 likes this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You are singing to me!!! From yours lips to God's ears.

Senna1994 and Drson like this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They don't need it' and they most certainly do not need devaluation of the F8 and Pista.

This year the 812 VS launches, and so does the LB. Next year is the year of the F80. Unless Ferrari is willing to make the same mistake McLaren has made, they will not debut an F8 VS.

In other words, there will not be an F8 VS. It is done and the LB is on its way.

You have to understand that as a traded company, making money relies on more than just pumping out new models. They have to be smart about it. They debuted the Roma last year and the FUV will debut in 22. Selling an additional bunch of F8's is not where the money is made. Those will be made from selling SUV's and Romas to housewives etc. as well as aftersales and events.

Putting out an F8 VS is only an opportunity to do one thing, namely piss off all their top and VIP clients more. Ferrari know they stretched it with the Pista, snd they are pulling back a bit. They only have to look at McLaren and Porsche to see what effect it has to screw over your top clients.

Missed opportunity? More like catastrophe avoided.

Robert P, GT2goneF, Senna1994 and 8 others like this.
  23. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    F8's coupes are being quoted 1 year out and spiders are quoted 1.5 year out, so not sure they are having issues selling this model, BTW Roma's also being quoted 1 year out.

Senna1994 likes this.
  24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Where I am, the F8 is doing well. It was slow to pick up, but many have come to like it, especially the Spider.

Times have changed, and now dealers are asked to be open and inviting, rather than scoff at new clients wanting a new car. This was never a big problem in Europe, but times are changing, and US dealers need to deal with the fact that the dealer serves the client, not the other way around.

GT2goneF, Caeruleus11 and Chizz like this.
  25. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

There hasn't been a more spot on post on this website since No-one told everyone to drive their Ferraris in auto mode.

All joking aside- this is 100% accurate and correct. Excellent points.