F8 exhaust options. GPF delete | Page 7 | FerrariChat

F8 exhaust options. GPF delete

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by LMH, May 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Awesome so actually the switch may not be an issue at all, has anyone else been testing the switch for a while and had any issues yet?

2. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    As I’ve mentioned earlier, I was one of the first to install the Capristo bypass switch and have not seen a problem since.

John, if you’re still unhappy, Capristo’s has a full exhaust for the F8 that sounds incredible. They have a video on their website. It’s around $20k installed. I just can’t bring myself to spend the $20k, and I’m also concerned about warranty, even though guys have been upgrading their exhaust on Ferrari’s forever.

Cigarzman likes this.
  3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm going to go with the box then, just got my vin through on the app today

4. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Ever time I drive her I’m blow away. What an incredible car. Watch this.

stavura, Coincid, PTG1 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Isn't funny how Brooke's cars are always the fastest bone stock?

Shadowfax likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    20K for an exhaust is insane. Is this because of the GPF?

7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Capristo is way dearer than a Kline system for a STD 488 GTB . They are just dear. A kline in Aus is around 15 installed , so I can imagine 20 k being right.

Printing money like any other Ferrari accessory. If Ferrari had it as an option everyone would tick it.

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If we are talking Aus money then I get it but in the US it is less than 1/2 that. My shop has both brands BTW, I chose Kline as did some of our customers. One of the funnest things Ive ever did was set this shop up so I can do stuff like this. Keeps me entertained.

Shadowfax and Bundy like this.
  9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You talking about Novitec or Capristo? I did’nt see anything on Capristo’s website.

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I wouldn't rate Capristo against a Kline exhaust... It would be an insult to the Kline. Maybe they do a better job out of the controller but I personally wouldn't chance it.

Gh21631 likes this.
  11. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I do not see that.... another guy in Arizona...the video was posted here somewhere did a better 1/4 mile time...from the side of the highway! Cars are stock.

Lol...it’s hot humid here in FL. I know the car will improve some this winter with a cold front and dry air. Plus when he dumps the crap PZero Pirelli too.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Only one available as of now from the ones that have been mentioned, is Novitec. Nothing by Kline or Capristo yet for F8.

13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    He posted that because he owns that model. If another car bested his he would not post it and never has.

14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Was at my dealership today driving an F8 spyder. We had a conversation about the Novitec parts and warranty coverage. They are on board with exhaust controllers and muffler swaps, even if it’s GPF removal and module plug ins- will retain full warranty. No changing the cats though...

mdrums and Corsaspider like this.
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    F8 Spyder? Is that the new Lambo?:D

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That has been noticed...

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is what I recently heard. Also my car care guy (he has a really good reputation and relationship wit the local Ferrari dealership) and he told me that if not too much alterations, they wouldn't ding my warranty. But this is something that may be dependent on the service manager or GM at the time. Anything changes and everything may change.

18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Sounds crap. I wouldn't be happy with that.

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    When I test drove the F8 last weekend, the salesman told me none of the F8's have GPF's and the first car with GPF's are the 812 GTS. I didn't argue but clearly misinformation abounds and not all owners have the resource of this site.

22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That's really strange - Ferrari themselves explained at length in the Official Ferrari Magazine how they had to modify the Pista engine for the F8, specifically to accommodate the GPF.

GT2goneF likes this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I didn't think the F8 sounded bad, per se. I was surprised how much turbo whistle there was upon acceleration. It's easily the most pronounced sound when pedal to the metal. Car sounds really good on start up. Compared to 458 though, it's not good.

GT2goneF and PTG1 like this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Thanks for sharing

Corsaspider likes this.
  25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree.

I have been in contact with TAG for a while. I had asked them to send me an update once they had the video. I am glad that @Dicecal found it and shared it.

I am not impressed either. It doesn't sound like the Novitec ad video. Maybe you need the cat delete or the software upgrade. Who knows. Maybe all. Novitec didn't disclose the upgrades in their ad. Making my decision very easy for now to wait a little longer to do any upgrade. I am interested to see what Kline comes up with. Those would be my only two options.

Shadowfax likes this.