F60 America | FerrariChat

F60 America

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Randy, Sep 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    any pictures of the F12 NART yet?

2. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    Hi Randy, from my understanding, it will be unveiled Oct 12th in Beverly Hills. Luca's last day but unsure if he will be present.

Thinking of adding to your stable?

3. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I would get one, but they are only doing 3 I think, so my chances aren't that good

4. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I heard 10

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I read 10. Apparently all sold out at $3.1m.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    so Luca, Mr. "Ferrari is too American", will have as his last official appearance as head of Ferrari the launch, in America, of a car that pays homage to the North American Racing Team, produced exclusively for Americans.

as a joke, they should have McDonalds do the catering :D

7. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    For Ferrari, sold out doesn't usually mean they are actually sold out, just that they believe they have the buyers... and 10 cars usually actually means 30 cars. ha

8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahahahah I love that kind of Simpson-ish humor

True.

9. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Don't mean to derail this thread, but is the big show on October 12 going to be open to the public? I know it takes place on Rodeo Drive and surrounding streets, so I'm assuming the public will be able to simply walk in?

10. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014

HEH NO my dear friend, too easy like that.

We have to preserve the exclusivity of the marque, we cannot really let everyone have an F12NART wouldnt u agree with that ? There are many richer people than u with much better pedigree that will get the car instead than you, u know ? It's a matter of exclusivity.

I'd give all I have to have Luca say these words to you while, behind, Sergio wispers "pssss ehy, don't listen to him, when I'm boss I'll make one for everyone who can afford it, and it's not gonna really cost 3 millions, don't worry. ;) ".

This for all those who infested the Luca is gone threads with the exclusivity bull****.

11. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    That's pretty good

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    For the price of 2 LaFerrari's you get 1 special edition F12 - Just can't get my head around that :-/

13. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Maybe they'll make the interior really uncomfortable and throw in a fire extinguisher.

Satisfied now?

:)

MelbourneCarl likes this.
  14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Feeling much better now :)

15. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm really curious to see how much loaded will be the F12 NART to cost the insane $3.1m price... Really curious.

16. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Since Sergio is apparently intent on increasing production to 10K, perhaps he could build 100 of these; surely he can sell 100 for almost a third of a billion dollars? would go a long way toward funding the F1 Scuderia

17. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    For the people this kind of car is targeting the price just has nothing to do with it.

18. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    does anyone know if it's going to have more horsepower than the regular F12? is it going to be a convertible (my dealer thinks it is)?

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I heard:

10 cars x $3.6m each.

Aperta style.

My gut says it will have more power.

Some data points:

F12 been out for a little while now

Car and Driver just drove a F12 for their Lightening Lap fitted with Michelin Cup 2 tires that are wider and sticker than stock and they reported this is how the car came from the Factory and that they are told it will soon be an option-- that tells me some kind of handling package is nearing its reveal.

Motor likely has more power in it as the Factory is reported as saying a more powerful version/ updated version/ of the F12 would hit the showrooms seemingly sooner than I'd have thought....

So why not debut these new handling and power items here on a limited car.

My guess is though they don't have the exact molds etc from F12 TRS, this car is likely heavily inspired by that car.

20. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    The laws of economics apply even to Ferrari.

Push supply up, demand held constant? Equilibrium price goes down. Ain't no way around it.

The intention to increase production is a legitimate concern, not so much to the TRS and F12 NART buyers of this world, but to the rest of us who are purchasers (or prospective purchasers in the near term) of Ferrari's production vehicles. Resale values will take a further hit if he follows through on this.

The other corollary is that achieving significant volume increases will likely require Ferrari to introduce down-market models. Think of Porsche. The introduction of the Boxster and Cayman (and the subsequent enhancement of their performance to rival the base 911) have been great for new Porsche buyers, but not great for the ongoing value of legacy 911s unless they are somehow "special" or "limited edition" cars.

Does any of this matter? I think it does. Ferrari is in a league of its own, really. It straddles the worlds of the superexotic and the production car like no other manufacturer -- partly a tiny boutique like Lambo or McClaren, partly a major manufacturer like Porsche or AMG. Those are two very distinct markets and I think it will be treacherous for Ferrari to navigate between them.

21. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    There is much speculation and little of it is good for the brand. Can't you just hear the conservation in the FCA boardroom: "Hey, if Porsche can go down market and still command prices for its 911, why can't Ferrari. Look at the Macan for example -- $60K and you have a badge engineered Porsche. "

22. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    I think the answer is -- you can. But then you will be Porsche, not Ferrari.

Marchionne is a brilliant businessman, so I guess you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe what he is really saying is -- the returns on capital at Ferrari are not acceptable and the company is going to have to find a way to leverage more greatly the "Ferrari brand" and the things that go into it, chiefly the investment in Formula 1. I guess if you were thinking that way, you could think about badging a high-end Maserati as a Ferrari as a way of competing in the high end saloon market and its enticing sales volumes.

23. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Here's a way to get your head around it.

If only 3 are made, the LaFerrari will be 130 times more common or less rare.

In twenty years-maybe only 1 example of the F12Nart will exist compared to hundreds of LaFerraris.

The f12 Nart could be worth several million more than the LaFerraris

ajy86 likes this.
  24. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    It's hard to believe that Ferrari ROCE is unacceptable. In 2013 their pre tax earnings per unit was a stupendous $63,000 (6922 units and 363.5 Euros) Ferrari posts record 2013 revenue despite lower deliveries I doubt if the capital required to make a Ferrari is significantly higher than other high end cars, and figuring the average car sells for $300K, they are pulling in a pre tax margin of more than 20% per unit, figuring in all expenses.

25. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    Let's not compare Ferrari production increase to Porsche yet...

To put things in perspective, Porsche delivered 162,145 new vehicles in FY 2013 VS 7000 units for Ferrari.

When I did the factory visit in 2008, I was told that Porsche makes more car in a year than Ferrari ever produced since they exist... I believe this is still true even today, or at least pretty close...