F599 Reverse Button | Page 6 | FerrariChat

F599 Reverse Button

Discussion in '612/599' started by sweetness, Mar 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    If you want a permanent solution that won't get stick or disintegrate again like the rubber buttons, you will need our new switch assemblies which will include a new harness so that it's a turnkey solution.

See this video and others posted within this thread.

2. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    please PM me the price for the set and for the auto button alone.

3. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Zaini - did you watch that video? The auto button cannot be sold alone unless you want another rubber button that will fail. Our solution is a new harness with new switches made from plastic that will never get sticky nor disintegrate.

4. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    Got it. Please pm me the price for the set. Need the set with the LC included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Please email me at: dave.lelonek@**********.com

Thank you.

6. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    We can accommodate you if your looking for just the button, no need to purchase any stuff you don't need or want. Just send me an email.

7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Definition of insanity "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Here is a set of switches we just received this morning to retrofit to our new, hard plastic switches (which will never get sticky or disintegrate like these)

Installing new rubber buttons is just insane. We are able to solve the problem for good, backed by a 2-year warranty :)

Attached Files:

8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Thank you for the order Zbaroom, others may think your insane, we certainly don't. Telling someone they are insane because they do something you don't agree with or buy their product, is childish and immature in my opinion. Everyone has the right to purchase or buy what they feel is best for their particular needs at that time without being insulted.

9. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    Thank you both for your support. I contacted the previous owner and he told me that the reverse button was just replaced last year. The L.C button was hardly pressed so looks clean and might have a couple of years life in it before becoming sticky.

At this stage, I just needed 1 button. Made no sense for me to invest in a whole set. This investment could be the right solution for someone with at lease two buttons gone.

Again, thank you both for the support and professionalism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave rocks and 285ferrari like this.
  10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Robbie, we actually engineer and develop solutions to long standing problems and we do so in a fashion that yields the best results and value for the money people spend. What people choose to do is up to them, I understand everyone has different goals.

Within this thread and others, we have provided very detailed content of the massive effort we have put forth to solve this issue - I've been working on this for a couple years. We've provided photos, explanations, etc yet some provide nothing.

We could have easily contacted the seller on ebay in HK and purchased his replacement rubber buttons or we could have produced our own. Within this thread we have detailed information of how we 3D modeled the rubber button and 3D printed one, at zero cost to Rick so we could help him and get his car running.

We decided against going down that road because it's a band aid. We don't sell band aids - we sell very solid solutions. The money people earn and choose to spend is something I take seriously and I want my company to provide value. So, for us to reproduce or sell rubber buttons would be "insane" in my opinion. That is not an insult - look at the definition of the word.

And, we are not only providing a permanent solution, we are backing it by a 2-year warranty. I saw a post of a user asking you "what's is your warranty" and you are not providing one.

11. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Once again, another Dave lie. You have NO clue what warranty I am providing, period. Matter of fact, I am providing a warranty and that has been addressed with MY customers. So to say I am not providing one is once again a lie, an assumption and fabrication to help sell your own junk. Like I told you over at the other forum, keep running that mouth of yours with lies and assumptions. I do not bad mouth your product, run around behind your back, emailing and messaging people like you do. I focus on my own goals and customers and go from there. You are so freakin concerned with what I am doing, must drive you crazy to love me this much.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  12. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Not a single fact within this post. I'm done with this and getting back to developing solutions.

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #138 ylshih, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    As sponsors and users, you're both entitled to post what you like, truthful or mistaken. The site doesn't moderate anyone's veracity or accuracy, we leave that to come out in the discussion and for readers to judge for themselves.

However, if Robbie says he provides a warranty, I would think he knows better than you do what he does or doesn't provide, that it is a statement easily checked by potential customers, as well as a statement easily refuted by existing customers if false.

Given all that, your statement above seems thoughtless at best. Maybe better to just sell the strengths of your own products and leave the negativity to any dissatisfied customers of your competitors.

I'll grant you sponsors duking it out can be entertaining for many users, but it can also turn your potential customers off.

14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yin - point well taken. I made that statement from information received by other customers and the lack of posting warranty details here which I would think would not be a secret.

15. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Back on topic....Here is the set of switches we received yesterday to retrofit. These are hard plastic, will never get sticky and will never disintegrate. Off to Florida, the land of melting rubber buttons :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Secret??? Lack of posting warranty details??? Who the hell said I must post details of anything for YOU to see?? YOU don't even post your price sheets to the public or online. Mine are online for the world to see at any given time. That way I can't change them to accommodate certain customers, which I know for a fact you do, raise the prices depending on who the customer is. My prices are transparent and not hidden.

17. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    #142 Dave rocks, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  18. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I'll be happy to provide proof as soon as you provide same proof that I don't provide any warranty for my buttons or any of the other lies and assumptions you make up to make yourself feel better. Since you have spoken to every customer of mine and interviewed them and asked this question. Because that would be the only way to make such a claim. Funny how it is ok for you to say whatever you choose but freak out when someone does the same back to you. Shoes on the other foot, deal with it crybaby. This coming from a dude who couldn't even come up with an original name for his business, had to steal part of mine!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!

19. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    Omg.

Please someone go get the teacher please..

brogenville and Dave rocks like this.
  20. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Steal? Ha! The word "Sticky" is so original :)

Speaking of stealing - how about the tag line you stole from us?

I'm done with this and your immature name calling. I'm back to working on solutions - have a great evening ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

OK.

Dave and Robbie.

I know both of you, more than a little bit I think, and this bickering BS needs to stop.

You're doing harm to your brands, BOTH OF YOU, and there's no need for that.

If you really want to continue to slug it out here, I'm certainly not going to stop you, but for the love of marketing, what the hell do you think you're accomplishing? Are you doing each other, and yourselves favors by tossing **** at each other?

Probably not.

I understand the animus, but really, maybe best for you guys to move on.

Thinking a 72 hour thread ban might do some good, so we'll start there.

D

brogenville and Dave rocks like this.
  22. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yesterday we received our first article harness assemblies from our electronics supplier along with our custom test fixture. Each and every harness will be tested.

We expect to have production units for sale within a couple weeks.

Enjoy :)

23. richard.watkins@comcast.n

Jun 4, 2014
    Palm Springs CA
    Full Name:
    Rick Watkins
    Dave has been a great help with getting my 599 buttons new. By that, he had no solution at the time I needed my reverse button repaired. He gave me a quick 3d printed button so I could still use reverse. Later, fortunately, he ran into a small inventory of factory replacement parts. Two to be precise. One was already for a New York customer. I quickly checked to ensure my model 2008 would work with the replacement part. It did, so I bought it and installed the console. Dave asked to borrow the old one to see if he could solve this particular button issue. As you can see from the you tube video he has. Dave kindly gave me back the part completely refurbished! I have to say it looks better than the original. I will be moving to Palm Springs, CA in the next year or so. I know even with air conditioned garages, the same fate awaits the original console. I am very pleased and luck to have a replacement in waiting.

Thank you, Dave!

Dave rocks likes this.
  24. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Plenty of Reverse and Auto buttons in stock for immediate shipping.