F599 Reverse Button | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F599 Reverse Button

Discussion in '612/599' started by sweetness, Mar 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Can anyone confirm whether the 599 uses the same R button as the 430?? We have a solution for the 430 buttons.

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yes, they are the same but the graphic on yours is not correct (the font and size of the font is too small).

Similar to these on ebay from Hong Kong:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-F430-599-612-F1-Gearbox-Control-Dashboard-R-Button-Panel-Used/113135633161?epid=28007258573&hash=item1a5768c309:g:cnUAAOSwCLNbQGzu&vxp=mtr

We are fairly close to a hard plastic, permanent solution for 430 and 599 with rubber buttons. We have been working on and off developing a solution for a couple years now and we are close to releasing a permanent solution. The design was changed from rubber to hard plastic for good reason as the silicone rubber will not hold up long term.

3. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    I've had the same problem.. I restored them myself.. They're not 100% like an original one but they are fixed, clean and lightened at night..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    We have Reverse and Auto buttons in stock ready to ship. Please email for info - - [email protected]

5. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Our new R, Auto, LC buttons and switches are coming along in development. These switches will replace the failing rubber button switches and will have our hard touch coating (that never fails or gets sticky) along with our laser etched, factory correct graphics. The design work is completed and we are going thru the next (and hopefully final) round of prototypes. The PC board and other components are on order for the prototypes. We will also be beta testing the switches.

More to come soon. Again, this will be a permanent solution to the failing silicone runner buttons in 430's and 599's. New rubber buttons will only fail again. The hard button switches we are developing will never fail.

Here are some solid model images of the design I just completed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jeremy58jeremy and FERR430dxb like this.
  6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  7. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    The buttons are ready to go!!! We have a few sets left in stock for immediate shipment. PM or email for details.

8. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    It looks like the button wars are heating up. Found a permanent solution for the issue. Sold the car. Goodbye Mr.Sticky.

9. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    That's one way you never have to deal with it--lol

10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Skidkid likes this.
  11. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Several options available, please email or message me.

12. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    In stock and ready for immediate shipment

13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Finalized details for injection molding today. Order for the tool and parts will be placed with vendor on Monday. Our upcoming solution will be a permanent fix. The price point will be attractive for the value and piece of mind that the button will never fail again :)

14. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Sold out of the AUTO buttons, more arriving this week!! Plenty of Reverse buttons in stock for immediate shipment

15. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Injection mold on order. Some of the electronic components arrived today - the balance are a few days out and then we will be building prototype electronics :)

If all goes well, I think we may have production units ready late October.

16. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    In stock and available for shipping today!! Send us a message for the info.

17. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    2 more sets shipping today

18. dc348

dc348 Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    Luckily back in HK
    Full Name:
    DC
    What's the difference between the 2? Price? Do I need to email you for that?

19. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Email me for a flyer, full info

20. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Prototype electrical boards and harnesses complete for non LC and LC cars. These have been bench tested and work as designed and are now off to beta testers to check in-car operation. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    New batch of AUTO buttons have arrived. Ready to ship today!!

22. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    The following question was raised in another thread and I thought it would be helpful to post the answer here :)

We've not done any electrical testing as of yet with the exception of testing the harnesses by powering them and evaluating voltages, etc. My electrical engineer is a long time friend and a brilliant guy who has designed circuits and sensors for NASA and the space shuttle programs. The micro switch has cycle data and it's operation life cycle is 100,000. It's also the exact switch used by the OEM which took some effort to find. In fact, the one on the above photo is not the correct one, we located the correct one last Friday and the samples arrived yesterday (electrically, for test purposes, what is on the boards now is fine). The other components are all well within heat ranges for the application.

It's important to remember here, we have not designed this from scratch - this is mostly a reverse engineering project with mild changes based on manufacturing methods and improved quality.

Multiple prototypes of the mechanical parts have been produced over months and production parts are in the works now as I type this.

This is an exciting project as it will be a permanent solution for a long standing problem.

And, our solution will come with a warranty of 2 years against any defects.

23. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    New batch of reverse buttons on the way for those that are waiting. Be here in 3 days.

24. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    So, I just spoke with my tech friend Matt who tried the harnesses today in a 430 SCUD. Everything worked as designed! He will create a cell phone video for me later. Discussing production electronics with a vendor next week. We are on the way folks :)

25. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Dave ,what is the reason for a complete new harness vs just the part that you press? Mike