AUS - F430 Tire Emergency | FerrariChat

AUS F430 Tire Emergency

Discussion in 'Texas' started by VAF84, Sep 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Ferrarichat braintrust,

Anyone know of a good place to get last minute tires? Finally ready to go for my first Ferrari track day and tires didn’t pass the age test. Have one day to address and pass track inspection. Ferrari doesn’t stock them, discount tires has to order them, and Costco same thing. Anyone else stock Michelin’s or Continental extremes in Austin area ?

Just seems the stars never align for a track day. Been trying to match it with my schedule and never works. Was also excited to test drive the F8 too. Needless to say I’m pretty bummed.

2. FerrariTexas

FerrariTexas Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
    Discount can usually order and receive them quickly, if they're in stock in TX or LA. Find a good guy to help you and expedite the order. Y
    ou may also want to contact Michelin directly. Having them in SC is big help to us here:
    https://www.michelinman.com/contact-us.html

Good luck!

VAF84 likes this.
  3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Try Tread Connection Austin, mobile service. They do a lot of exotics. They have a Facebook page

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VAF84 likes this.
  4. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks Bob, I think I may have found some and it’s probably the one you just recommended. Josh spoke with one of the guys he deals with, and I may have lucked out on the set.

5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

thanks! Discount Tire is always my first stop. They’ve always gone above and beyond, so I try to give them the business. Unfortunately they couldn’t get it in by tomorrow, and I need to have them installed by the early part of the day in order have them start on the track inspection for Thursday’s track day. Hadn’t thought of checking out Michelin directly though. Will note that going forward since that’s my go to brand for all of our vehicles.

6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Hope it's a happy ending!
    I will probably stop by to snap some pics

VAF84 likes this.
  7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Close to a resolution, now let’s hope FofA doesn’t find anything else to keep me off the track if I can get them installed on time. Hope to see you out there Bob!

8. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Turns out Josh did connect me to Tread Connection and they came through! They happened to have a set of Michelin Sport 4S for another local F430 owner, and that owner was gracious enough to let me have his set so I could make it to the track day (for which I am very grateful). In turn I covered the shipping fee to alleviate the delay on that persons tires. The tires are being delivered to Ferrari of Austin, and I’ll have them installed there or at Discount Tire next door in the AM. Now keeping my fingers crossed that no other surprises arise during the inspection!

Crisis averted, thanks again for the tips guys.

KHorn likes this.