F430 tail lights | FerrariChat

F430 tail lights

Discussion in '360/430' started by Robby Johnson, Aug 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robby Johnson

Robby Johnson Rookie

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robby Johnson
    I found the post of someone selling a kit to fix the lights, I posted in there, but haven’t gotten a reply. Do the kits really work, and where can I get one? I’ve got a light that’s getting loose.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
  3. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    #3 BruceC, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    I did install one of Sky Hye's kits and am very satisfied. One light was very loose - was seeing post cracks on another light housing. Everything is rock solid now. There was another kit offered previously on FC, but as Zed82 noted, it only fixed 2 of the 3 posts. The soft bushings change the mounting position of the lights very slightly which worried me initially, but it's not noticeable (had the chance to compare with another 430 parked close by and I could not see any difference after the installation). The cross bar will interfere with the body work if you don't install the bushings.

If you don't hear back soon, PM me and I'll give you his email address. Just not comfortable posting it here.

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    To fix the single one, just cut back the post , drill and tap m6 and use a stud bar to attach it, done all 4 of mine and no problems in over 3 years

5. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    I've installed thick rubber washers on all of the posts. vibration (of a flat plane engine) is what kills them imo.