F430 or f360 what’s best for my situation? | FerrariChat

F430 or f360 what’s best for my situation?

Discussion in '348/355' started by V8haha, Apr 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V8haha

V8haha Rookie

Mar 13, 2021
    Summit county
    Full Name:
    Ian Thorley
    Hello

long story short i have some incredible parents their getting older I’m getting older and I’ve always wanted to buy them a car.

I’ll be buying them either a F360 or F430 this summer and last thing i want to do is leave them with a large repair bill. Their fully capable of affording the maintenance but i want to give them something they enjoy not something that gives them anxiety.

I read that the F430 is a more reliable car and less expensive to fix when things go wrong. I’m leaning towards an F1 430 spider or coupe. The manual will be out of budget.

i have read that i need to be worried about cracked head lights cracked tail lights clutch replacements which sound like their only 5-7k to have replaced?

How about with the spider anything commonly fail on the auto tops? Looks like a very complex system.

Please let me know if you think a 360 is a better choice and why. Also when it’s time to purchase and suggestions on where to take my business and maybe where not to go?

Thanks

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    360 stick wld be lower protentional maintenance than 430 f1. the f1 actuator is a 7k bill and the headers about 10k if you replace them with capristo. the convertibles can be issues on both cars as they are the same unit. neither of my 430s have had issues but my brothers 360 top has been a nightmare.

how old are you parents? id buy my parents (late 60s) a California or something, not a 360/430.

also this shld be moved to the correct subforum.

3. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    2013 California or later. Excellent advice. Perfect car for anyone, but more so based on the description above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. V8haha

V8haha Rookie

Mar 13, 2021
    Summit county
    Full Name:
    Ian Thorley
    I apologize I’m not sure how i got this in the 348 355 section mods please delet I’ll repost in the proper section

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You might want to ask them if they actually want or would use anything as extreme as a Ferrari.....