F430 Manual Madness on BAT | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F430 Manual Madness on BAT

Discussion in '360/430' started by catdog, Jun 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    If art is able to mass produce the parts, I wonder what price-point is the magic number to get f1 430's off center and into the gated swap.

$30K
    $20K
    $25K
    $10K

If you could get the hard parts for $7500...... I bet you would see less and less F1's.

HH11 likes this.
  2. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    It's not just cost of parts, whoever does the conversion needs to have experience with Ferrari's and the conversion process and offer a warranty or be able to help with any issues. I suspect the Ferrari official dealer will not be bending back to help those customers, and may be actively making their lives harder than usual....EAG offers that protection

Merrick Harding likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the independents can easily do it - Bradan, P1 can bang it out with their eyes closed. alot of people like the f1 - the market for people wanting stick is getting smaller, not bigger. there is a reason so many more f1s were ordered/produced. for those of us who wld love to have a stick but didnt want to pay the big premiums over the past cple year, this give us a viable option which is user friendly because we get to keep our current cars which we have cared for. thats a huge factor.

9650max, Skidkid and uhn2000 like this.
  4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    dont really understand your question - the aftermarket parts kit is about 13k according to the website, so add 7 to 10K of labor to that and you are around 20k for the conversion and 30k is the number that was quoted using factory parts.

5. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    #80 rsmitchell10, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Art's talking about my 06 spider which has been there for conversion using all aftermarket parts and he believes that it will perform as well or better than stock or conversions using OEM parts. They're finishing up and will soon be testing it before shipping. Hopefully I'll be able to provide my user experience along with pics/vid before much longer. I've had conversations with at least one owner who had the conversion done with OEM parts and he's over the top happy with the results. Stay tuned.

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Nice and congrats! Is my guestimate of about 7500 for labor in the ball park?

7. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    Overall labor cost really depends on some of the other maintenance items that might be needed such as new clutch, etc. I added other things such as front bumper respray (scrapes underneath), some paint touch up, and full front PPF so that added to my overall cost. In the end, I did this, not for potential value appreciation, but because I've always enjoyed the driver engagement of a MT on cars I've owned like the 308 and several Vipers. I think I'll very much enjoy this.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    100 percent- no brainer. Psyched to hear about the experience!!

9. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Tt- if current swap cost is 30k

How much more demand would there be for a 15k swap price point?

Or a 7.5k parts only diy option?

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Tough to say but i dont think it makes a huge difference- for the people who want a 430 stick badly i think 13k is a reasonable diy price. Someone else will probably come out and offer a kid so prices shld come down.

one4torque likes this.
  11. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Tt- I’m just relating to my e36 experience where mt swap cost is small so everyone does it

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    In the e36 the auto sucks so makes sense- for the 430 the f1 is always gonna be “better” than a stick.

AandSC likes this.
  13. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The auction is getting interesting. Now sitting at $132K, and seller mentions that there is no service history available on a 6K miles car. I think I'm going to lose my nickel bet.

curvesurfer likes this.
  14. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    I've been considering bidding on this. No service records, steel brakes, sticky buttons, stock manifolds, no carbon (which I prefer). Kinda dirty inside on close-ups, they couldn't detail it for sale?

edit: and a vertical-orientation walk-around video! :rolleyes:

Factoring 30k for the manual swap, feels like 145 might be fair?

15. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Man that is a tough call. Does BAT allow a third party PPI before finalizing the sale? If that was allowed and it passed, $145 seems like a good price to me but the resale value of these modified cars is still a big question mark. It's also a 4 owner car in 6K miles.

16. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    No PPI after BaT sale, some sellers allow for it beforehand.

For my purpose (ownership enjoyment) converted cars are worth the F1 price plus the conversion fee, exactly what I'd have to pay to replicate it.

But don't forget the $5k buyers fee!

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what a waste of time...

curvesurfer likes this.
  18. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    RNM at 144 (which is 149k with buyers fee). i bid at 136 but chickened out at my limit of 145.

19. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  21. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    I have been debating the aftermarket conversion as well. Subscribed

22. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    Just sent mine off to be converted! 11k mile 2006 and I couldn’t care less how much return I get. The car will be that much more enjoyable and feel like a true occasion and that’s worth it to me for a car that I drive for pleasure.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Ppw- perhaps you can sell the “better” f1 parts to offset swap cost? Jk

gl keep us posted

24. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If aftermarket with non ferrari parts proves to not negatively affect value, it's going to be a popular mod. I know I waited a very long time to buy my 6MT because of the price. Finally I just paid it.

25. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I wonder if it turns out to be a popular mod will it negatively affect the value of the factory manual cars?