F430 aftermarket wheels, 20"/20" or 20"/21" setup? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 aftermarket wheels, 20"/20" or 20"/21" setup?

Discussion in '360/430' started by A_Scuderia_F430, Jan 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you. The wheels are Modulare B18
    Front tires are 245/30/20 and rear 325/25/20

2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Can you tell us how you modified the inside of your rear fenders? My 325's are rubbing in the rear too. My fenders are rolled. It looks like it's rubbing the fender liner on the engine side.

3. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    20" wheels. 325 tires in back. Lowered in stock springs. This is the rubbing I'm getting on the fender liner. Anyone else getting this?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. DARIES

DARIES Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    #29 DARIES, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    if its rubbing on the inside liner that probably means that you have the wrong offset on the rear wheels,

I had to modify the rear fender to make the 375 fit by doing some cutting, grinding and smoothing everything out on the inside, because it was rubbing (outside tire wall) when we first install them, but never on the inside liner

The most important thing is to get the right measurements for the wheels, these ADV1's were custom made for me in order to run that tire size.

Since you already have the wheels you should try to put a spacer, it will give you more clearance to the inside liner

I also have a 360 and there I'm running 20' with 325 in the back just like you and I never had any rubbing on the inside liner.

Again these are custom ADV1's to run that tire size on this car

The car is very low and I had to roll the inside of the fenders both front and back.

Hope that helps, let me know.

BigBossF430 and Eric C like this.
  5. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My tires are already out pretty far and even rub there too. My back and front fenders are rolled too. I don't think I could get away with putting a spacer on it since it's already rubbing on the outer sides of the wheels?

I have ADV1 wheels too. Not really sure what to do?

blueTT and DARIES like this.
  6. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Also. The car had another set of aftermarket wheels on it when it the previous owner had it. That inner wheel tire damage could have been done with those I guess. I just went outside and took a picture of the passenger side from underneith and there is plenty of room between the tire and the inner liner. I doubt the passenger side and drivers side clearance is different. My drivers side wheels are getting powder coated now so I can't look.

Do you have pictures of the trimming you did to the fenders?

7. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Just pulled off the passenger rear wheel. No rubbing on the inside liner. So weird!

8. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think the rubbing done to the inside liner was done by the previous owner. Do you have pictures of the trimming you did to the fender lips?

9. Sharkdriver

Sharkdriver Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    Andrie

I know this is from a little while back but wondering if you could share your offsets on your 18" wheel setups? I'm actually looking to go down to 18" as well and I can't find much information on setups that have done this succesfully. Thanks.

10. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
  11. Sam Saraf

Sam Saraf Rookie

May 5, 2020
    SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Sam Sarraf
    Thanks for sharing your perspective on this. I was conflicted on 19s VS 20s