F40 luggage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F40 luggage

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ross, May 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    yeah its definitely not best touring car, which is why I like the 458 so much. perhaps I'm just getting old. nevertheless I plan to do some road trips in the F40 this summer. I'll probably start out with the misses but not sure I'll end up with her still in the passenger seat at the destination. perhaps the luggage is a good idea after all ...

not that anyone asked but fwiw the hatbox wont fit in my bonnet because of the 10lb bottle of CO2 I have up there.

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Luggage looks great Ross! :)

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I think you have described the reality of domestic use of the F40 perfectly :)

In truth, as dynamic a performer as it is, the F40 is more of a short blast car, than a long-distance one. In that regard, the luggage becomes somewhat of a delightful contradiction.

4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    you guys are of course very very right.
    however, as you also know, its fun to roll into monaco with something that is a little special.
    the drive to and from geneva is also kind of fun....especially once you hit the coast, and having the wife in the car will keep me from trying to beat my travel time record for the trip, and likely save my life !

5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    True

6. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #32 joe sackey, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    VetroresinaNL likes this.
  8. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Those small tags can be replaced with blanks or ones with the next owner's name on them... Not a big deal.

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Some were ordered with the car's chassis number on them and that IMO is the best idea because they stay with the car.

10. 512BLU

512BLU Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Spring Texas
    Full Name:
    G F O
    This thread has stumbled onto something. So you guys have the same reaction when your wives get into the F40? I have the following situation. Tammy hates the F40. EVERY TIME she gets into the car to go anywhere shes starts off by repeating the same line... "I hate this F***ing car!". I like the windows down even if its 98 outside to hear the exhaust popping and growling but she wants the air on and windows up. Driving more than a few miles will not happen with her!!

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Its well-known that most women cant stand the F40 (difficulty of entry/egress, lack of plush appointments/spartan interior, noise, showy flamboyant boy-racer exterior etc).

These same women absolutely adore the 288 GTO for all of the reasons mentioned above (its stunning shape, nice interior, ease of entry/egress, etc) and have in my experience resulted in more than a couple of purchases of one. The GTO definitely falls into the "you're not selling that one" category, with the spouses & significant others.

All in my humble opinion, based on my dealings with a cross-section of my clients. This notion does not apply to all, of course.

12. JamieBeeston

JamieBeeston Rookie

May 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I've just come back (in the F40) from a driving trip from London to LeMans, I'm planning to drive again back to the Classic, then I plan a couple of EuroHoons (taking in the stelvio pass and a few others) and a Chateaux visiting trip with a lady friend..

Could I take something else... sure.. but why would I want to :)

Luggage would be very useful given the front isnt exactly the most watertight place I've found!

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Bonhams sold genuine two piece set on Friday for £ 1187 inc premium (usd 1800 approx)

14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #39 jm2, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    VetroresinaNL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You might want to drop the Schedoni into plastic over bags then.....:D :D

16. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
  17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The traditional-colored luggage is much more popular for a reason as Schedoni will make the luggage in any color you want.

I'm not sure how they can determine that less than 10 were made, but their £12,500 - £15,000 estimate seems optimistic as a set of black F40 luggage recently for less than half that estimate https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/schedoni-luggage-for-ferrari-f40-1

18. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Never knew they made the luggage in black. All I've ever seen is tan. Was any of the black luggage delivered with the car? Drew

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Good question.

20. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
  21. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Most likely the buy of the set in Germany is not selling it through Silverstone. I have to say I like the set in black. But a tan set looks smarter when put in the car.