F40 LM Restoration | Page 160 | FerrariChat

F40 LM Restoration

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Traveller, Jan 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I don't either but the net result is we have a thread which for most purposes is now dead. Whereas we could have had a thread about a restoration and what the car is like to drive and own. Likewise we could have had a potentially fantastic thread about the restoration of a Ferrari concept car but instead, well I will leave it there, the point has been made.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    A shame indeed. However, I personally respect his decision and I hope he's enjoying this wonderful machine.

montpellier, Caeruleus11 and F12KID like this.
  3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Traveller's 100% understandable absence is a tremendous loss for this online community. In addition to having a wealth of knowledge and experience in all things Ferrari, he is a true gentleman. A rare gem of a person in today's day and age indeed.

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You all have said it so very well. Traveller is a true gentleman. He is someone I am proud to call my friend. While I am admittedly biased , I encourage the administrators -as well as the participants here- to think very long and very deeply about what transpired here and what caused the community to suffer such a tremendous loss.

Ferrari 360 CS and F12KID like this.
  5. redwood

redwood Karting

Apr 30, 2018
    Brisbane and Edinburgh
    I've got to say I don't understand all the fuss on either side. He tried to claim he had an LM and that obviously didn't work. So what if the car doesn't look like what it used to, what's the big deal? It's still a great car and if it wasn't for this project, it will be leading a life of obscurity. I think the Ferrari world is way too hung up on this kind of detail. People should do what they want with their cars.

6. Doug WG

Doug WG Rookie

Jul 26, 2005
    Hi Tim, I have really loved reading your posts on the restoration, amazing effort and incredible detail. I am wondering what are the final suspension settings you ended up using for the car, given both road and track excusions are planned? Regards Doug

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I had wondered what happened to Traveller. I have not read it all yet but is the reason of him leaving bc people do not agree with him calling his car an F40LM?

8. F40 LeMans

F40 LeMans Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2009
    The Hamann F40 was published on many magazines during those years but the claimed engine power was always to be 620 BHP before to be converted by Hartmann. Here an example.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

PAUL500 likes this.
  9. F40 LeMans

F40 LeMans Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2009
    #3984 F40 LeMans, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    When it was racing the BPR regulation imposed air restrictors to the turbos, so power was surely well lower than 720 hp. The other point was not sure that Sauber already make hands on the car before BPR 1996 days (so even further reduced). Anyway IMHO the restauration had to be done with hoods and wheels as much similar as the Hamann was, and also the engine with specifications as much similar as was published on the period articles. This car does not seems that car anymore.