F40 1of1 with sequential gearbox! | FerrariChat

F40 1of1 with sequential gearbox!

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Aug 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Has anyone ever seen the f40 which supposedly was a one off for anielli? Supposedly it was the only f40 with a sequential gearbox @100ms. I wonder where it sits? Museum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #2 of2worlds, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is some info>
    "The Ferrari F40 presented here is the unique F40 Valeo commissioned by Gianni Agnelli, the late head of the Fiat empire. Agnelli was a huge Ferrari lover and he owned many special cars over a period of nearly 40 years. These included a special 375 America, one of the two 365 P “Tre Posti” and a one-off Testarossa Spyder. This car, chassis number 79883 is another “Agnelli Speciale” and is fitted with a Valeo electronic clutch system which had been developed and proven in the Lancia Delta Integrale rally cars, as well as a few Mondial cabriolets and coupes. Agnelli’s left leg had been weakened in a road accident and the system takes away the need for a clutch pedal. Valeo uses the normal gear lever which, when moved, sends signals to a master control unit and then to the clutch actuator motor which engages or disengages the clutch in less than 100 milliseconds. Built-in safety features stop the car being started in gear and prevent the driver selecting too high a gear or too low." Sold in 2008 for 380,000euro.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Fynmere likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Wow thats great! Whoever bought it bought it at a bargain price!
    I wonder how they did to get 100ms back in the late 80's! Impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Always loved the Valeo. Anyone know where this F40 is today. IMO.
    I am still searching for the Mondial T cabriolet Valeo [Azure ?]/Tan color saw a few years ago.