F355 vs. Impreza | Page 7 | FerrariChat

F355 vs. Impreza

Discussion in 'Europe' started by mr.modena, Oct 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    stfu!

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    cum on buddy, you are welcome in the "old-ugly-dudes-40+-club:D
    Your age is not a secret!!! Just have a look in the mirror:D

3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Time for me to leave the battlefield. We prof. destroyed this thread in detrital & ash.

4. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    OK!

I am back! What did I miss?
    I see that insanity arrived at the moment that Trevi joined this thread!

Ton

5. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Everybody has left but me?

6. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    For the non-interested: "I have 1700 posts! Yeah!

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    1.706;) - thats way cool. How does this happen Ton:D?

8. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I have no idea!

:)

Ton

9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Mystery.....or have you just met some old friend:)

10. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I can vaguely remember that I talked to some people yesterday!
    Was it you Wolfgang?

Ton

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    LOL, we totally lost any control & grip;)
    To me one of the greatest threads we have ever run!:)

12. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Yes, we had fun!
    I hope that the other users enjoyed it as well.

Ton

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I`m sure they did:D
    Think we have lost all our reputation after this penis-wanker thread:D
    ;)
    .....have we ever had any kind of respect or reputation?????:)

14. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Maybe more!

Ton

15. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    impossible - thats the highest level a human being could ever bonk:D

16. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Hey guys, hust been reading this mega-penis-wanker thread... so let me tell you how I dispatched a total wanker driving a heavily tuned Impreza on the San Bernardino climb.

This happened several months ago. It was trafficky and I was not driving too fast up the mountain, until this complete 12-year old wanker on a tuned Impreza begins to harass me (you know, closing in 3cm from my bumper, coming out to my left looking to overtake...). I took advantage of a slow bus in front of us: I put the F355 in first gear, FLOORED it, and took the following curves 1-2-3 without ever releasing the throttle. By the third curve the F355's rear tires were squealing in pain, but the bloody japanese rice-bin was at least 100m behind and NOT catching up. I passed another 2-3 cars, and always using the low gears and high revs I completely lost the little prick on the uphill curves.

The TRUTH: a tuned Impreza has SO MUCH turbo lag that a well-driven F355 can absolutely KILL it on a mountain road. Also, the power delivery of the Japanese dustbin is so non-linear and brutal to make it almost impossible to drive smoothly on curves- you have to be on-off all the time. Again, a F355 will KILL it where you need smooth power delivery and throttle driveability. A standard Impreza doesn't have so much lag and is more driveable, for sure, but then it doesn't have the power to keep up with a F355 either.

So forget about drag racing, that's just crap for brainded people that think driving is all about straight line acceleration.

I almost forgot:

Nürburgring lap time

F355 8'15''00
    Impreza WRX 8'28''00

Hockenheim

F355 1'15''300
    Impreza WRX 1'17''00 or something like that...

So please let's stop this stupid comparison - Ferrari WINS, japanese shoebox LOSES. ;-)

17. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Maranello71,
    It might be an idea to fill out your profile before you make such strong remarks. We like to know who we are talking to.
    But you are right! This whole thread is about comparing apples and pears. It is impossible to do that. That's why we killed it with some heavy bonkering.

Ton

18. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Sorry Ton... I've never bothered to update my profile, I'll do that. Anyway you know me from Andermatt... I'm Andrea, red F355 Berlinetta from Switzerland.

Regarding this comparison - the Impreza really can't hold a candle to the F355 on a track. It's not so much a question of apples and pears, more a question of what is the purpose of a sports car: accelerating in a straight line or handling on a circuit? The Impreza was designed for neither of these purposes - it's a rally car designed for all-terrain capability with special tires, special suspension set-ups, etc. To think that an Impreza can be as good as a late generation Ferrari on a handling circuit is pure fantasy. As for drag racing... I'll leave that to 18-year old kids. ;-)

19. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Andrea,
    you hit the nail - very good statement and we are all thinking the same here.

20. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Andrea,

I thought that it was you! Great to see you here on the board!
    You are also looking for a 550?

Ton

21. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    And of course you are right about the Impreza. It is a nice toy but it was never designed to compete with a Ferrari. And I personally think that it is sooo ugly!

Ton

22. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Hello Ton! Yeah, I'm also looking for a good 550 - I actually did find one in Luzern, at Ferrari dealer Frey. It was a one-owner '97 car with full history, only 27000Kms. I drove the car and it was an absolute monster - but also very driveable and comfortable. I could drive one to Scotland no problem - couldn't say the same about a F355, though, it's too loud at high speed.

The problem with this particular 550 is that it was a customer car, so Frey couldn't take my F355 in part-exchange for it. I tried to sell it privately, but time was short: the 550 was so good that one week later someone just turned up at Frey with a fat wallet full of cash and bought it.

It seems to be a problem with most 550s on the market today: I have already found 4 potentially good cars priced within my range (max. 130.000 Sfr.) but they are all customer cars, and the dealers cannot take or are not interested in my F355.

So for me the best way is to sell the 355 privately for a good price, so that I can go with cash in hand to pick up the best car on the market.

Bye for now
    Andrea

23. Tuteboureh Ofrenaj

Nov 10, 2004
    Lausanne (CH)
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Reading this 2-years and something old thread was quite fun... but obviously I don't share the same view on cars as most of you guys.

Despite being a big Ferrari fan I can't help a taste for anything that goes fast, does a nice sound and is fun to drive. That includes, I'm afraid, a Subaru STI too !
    (that's my second car by the way).

In the wet / dirt / ice, I'll gladly pick the so-despised scoob, and would probably run circles around any of our beloved V8 monsters....

Now let's see if I wake up any thunderous passion, that would be quite funny.