f355 sticky stuff removal,Arrow replacement on vents | FerrariChat

f355 sticky stuff removal,Arrow replacement on vents

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by thundercat1363, Apr 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thundercat1363

Jun 9, 2010
    Chesterfield, UK
    Hi all, subject may have been covered previously,have seen questions regarding getting the arrows back on the vents after removing the horrible sticky stuff from the vents.So here goes, removed all the sticky stuff from centre console all switches then sprayed with satin black, came up mint , replaced the H-VAC with a new one from hill engineering.Then onto the vents and the one issue of how to get them arrows back on as they come off when removing the goooo,just one note ,removed goo with UPVC solvent cleaner worked a treat.reading other forums etc it would seem the only way was to send to america and have all your bits done at once but costs a coupe of grand,so time to think outside the box and came up with this and it works great.photographed vent then on computer re-created the arrows and sized the the same size as original,printed onto white inkjet water slide decal paper,coated with 3 light coates of clear water based clear acrylic then cut them out and applied,after drying for 24 hours gave another coat of clear acrylic.if anybody is in the process of doing this i can send over a copy of the arrows for you to do the same,if you require a sheet of these pre done let me know(pm me).have attached a photo of the finished job.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Pangea and allandwf like this.
  2. Chad Thomas

Chad Thomas Karting

May 21, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chad Thomas
    I’m so impressed by this. If you can email over the template that would be awesome please mate

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. thundercat1363

Jun 9, 2010
    Chesterfield, UK
    Hi Chad here you go.I used the ones not in the black box,printed onto water slide paper and using a magnifying glass cut round the arrows just inside the black outline.once on and dryed for 24hrs remember to give a light coat or two over the arrows with clear matt acrylic.I paracticed a couple of times transfering the arrows onto another black surface.
    Kind regards
    Kev

Attached Files:

lanab and Chad Thomas like this.
  4. Chad Thomas

Chad Thomas Karting

May 21, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chad Thomas
    You're a legend, thanks so much Kev.

5. thundercat1363