F355 oil pressure problem (solved) | FerrariChat

F355 oil pressure problem (solved)

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by AndersonFT, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndersonFT

AndersonFT Rookie

Dec 22, 2020
    Canton, GA, USA
    Full Name:
    Anderson Dick
    I was seeking an oil pressure problem on my F355 since I started to push it, every time the engine got hot, like 15 minutes driving around, oil pressure at high rpm was staying at crazy low 30psi while Ferrari book says minimum 80psi, I finally found that the sump hose from tank to pump was collapsed inside, which could be easily replaced by a hydraulic hose using my fittings for $30 locally, now I have over 100psi when hot and all good.

Also, when searching for the problem, I took the oil pump apart, checked clearances (even bought another pump, if anyone wants to buy it I have for sell) and found one connecting rod with a different rod bolt which denotes someone tried to check bearings and probably lost one bolt and didn't told the previous owner I guess... Anyway, fortunately even driving over 1000 miles (under my ownership) turbo with over 700whp (but being careful when oil pressure was low), all the clearances were good and engine wasn't damaged.

So I though in suggesting everyone here check for the oil pressure when hot if doesn't get above 80psi you should pull that hose off and inspect inside.

On my youtube video below I described it very well, it is in Portuguese but I did add subtitles.

I hope this helps guys, tks!

Qavion and kes7u like this.
  2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Crazy. I wonder if you’re the first person to experience this problem.

Anyway, I’ll be sure to mention this solution if anyone else has similar issues. Thanks.

By the way, I saw you using my coloured wiring diagrams in one of your videos. They were probably out of date. I’m always updating/correcting them. Let me know if you need new ones… although it looks like you’ve re-wired/customised a lot of the car :D

3. AndersonFT

AndersonFT Rookie

Dec 22, 2020
    Canton, GA, USA
    Full Name:
    Anderson Dick

Thank you for the diagrams, been very helpful and I still have all oem harness, I just did a custom jumper harness from the oem ecu connector to the FuelTech ECU, so I would like to get the updated ones, please let me know how to get it. Tks

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  5. AndersonFT

AndersonFT Rookie

Dec 22, 2020
    Canton, GA, USA
    Full Name: