F355 Left and Right "fog" high beam bulbs are different, what gives... | FerrariChat

F355 Left and Right "fog" high beam bulbs are different, what gives...

Discussion in '348/355' started by mymelody12, Apr 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mymelody12

mymelody12 Karting

Apr 22, 2018
    Hong Kong & South Korea
    Full Name:
    Kevin Chang
    My friend and I are inspecting parts car (Florida) and noticed that left and right 'fog' high beam bulbs are different inside.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Is this normal? I see that one has a cylindrical cone (flat) on top of bulb whereas the other naked.

Very strange.

Right side has the flat top cylinder covering the bulb whereas... (below)

Left has just the naked bulb showing (below)

If left side should also have the flat top cylinder cover, do you know what use would it for?

Thanks very much!

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Is the car with the clear sidelight lenses a Euro import? Non-USA/Canada cars normally don't have multipurpose fog/daylight flashers. Just flashers. Perhaps there is a design difference? One might have better temperature characteristics for continuous running?

Guessing of course, but the lamps do have different part numbers.

mymelody12 likes this.
  3. mymelody12

mymelody12 Karting

Apr 22, 2018
    Hong Kong & South Korea
    Full Name:
    Kevin Chang
    Hi Qavion,

I need to dig further what gave the car two different 'fog' highbeam lights, but the car is originally from Florida with 18K miles.
    The car seemed to be in abandoned and untouched shape but on a flip side, it is good in a way that it retains originality. A lot of traditionally missing parts (i.e. undercarriage panels, trunk panels, paint etc) are all intact with no signs of disassembly.

I am also split whether front bumper was ever repainted or reinstalled.
    I do see that this US car has EU front bumper (no side markers), so perhaps fog lights were changed with wrong lamps....

4. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    My US '96 has the fog lights with the metal bulb cover which I think are for blocking forward light from the bulb so it can't come straight out the front of the lamp and has to bounce off the reflector to give the indirect dispersed light that a fog lamp should emit. That being said, in my box of spare 355 parts I have one of the lamps without the metal bulb cover so it appears both styles can be correct.

mymelody12 likes this.