Wanted - F355 headers wanted (2.7 car) | FerrariChat

Wanted F355 headers wanted (2.7 car)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Culprit, Oct 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    #1 Culprit, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Hi, I'm going to do a smoke test this week but I'm suspecting it's about time to replace the rebuilt headers on the F355.

Looking for aftermarket manifolds for a '95 2.7 F355. Preferably Tubi or maybe Nouvalari or similar. Not interested in OEM, right now not really looking for Fabspeeds either.

I know these don't come up often, but just throwing this out there before I buy new. Let me know if you have anything--

2. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    If you change your mind about OEM, let me know. I’m in your neck of the woods

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Who did your rebuild?

4. Cort Moritz

Cort Moritz Rookie

Jul 7, 2020
    NEW YORK
    Full Name:
    Cort Moritz
  5. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    OP says:
    "Not interested in OEM, right now not really looking for Fabspeeds either."

ShineKen likes this.
  6. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Not sure.. was done under previous owner back in '06. Supposedly they still looked good when opened up for the last major 3 years ago so might've been a true rebuild rather than a repair. Will do more testing this week and decide my direction.

7. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Some of the first companies to offer the rebuild service (like QV London) only replaced the tubing from the flange to just past the first bend. Of course a few years later, they would fail, just past the first bend. At that point it became clear the only way to properly rebuild 355 exhaust manifolds is to remove all the tubing from the flange to the collector. That is how everyone does it now. Originals were made with 409 stainless, rebuilders use 304, one gauge thicker too. The process seems pretty consistently the same by everyone now.

I did mine around 2007 preventatively with QV London and they failed around 2012. Were rebuilt under warranty by QV London a second time, but they failed to reinstall the insulation, so they rattled. My local dealer opened up the heat shields and added insulation to fix that for me.

ShineKen likes this.
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You’ve been around for a long time :)

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Stainless Headers appears to be a reliable new source for rebuilds. They use 321 SS. They can rebuild or build you a whole thing from scratch.

jimmym and f355spider like this.