•••• F355 GTS 6spd WANTED •••• | Page 5 | FerrariChat

•••• F355 GTS 6spd WANTED ••••

Discussion in '348/355' started by Horsechat, Jan 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. waynef355

waynef355 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    oh man, I was going to buy this car too =(

2. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    So why didn't u have a deposit on it? I have had 2 PM's one from the original poster saying "I bought the car out from under him" I hope he was kidding. Honesty I bought the car over text with Doug.

It was a nice car, priced fair, with a ridiculous service history and very very rare.

Why would you wait??

3. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I agree.....talk is cheap

4. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    True -

"I want a amazing serviced 355 GTS red tan, best year, platinum car at any concours" post wanted on Fchat

People Provide link, the car u described is right hear. Pm and ask old owner, old owner says amazing car, great price you should buy it"

2 weeks go by and car is still available!?!

Car gets sold to old owner who realized he made a mistake selling it in the first place, old owner is very excited.

5. Horsechat

Horsechat Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Andrew,

Yes I was looking at that car, your old one, I did PM you asking about it and you responded great car. Then I emailed Doug its a go, let me send deposit and get PPI, only to hear from him you texted that you wanted it back. He responds to his emails very slowly, I guess had I had his cell # I could have texted him also.

What did you happen to pay? I agreed to $64k based on the history and condition.

But I guess snooze and loose. Let me know when your ready to sell.

6. Horsechat

Horsechat Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Kurt
  7. MikeD355

MikeD355 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 7, 2015
    Cleveland
    Nice ones go fast, you snooze and your gonna loose.

8. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm sorry and I assumed u passed as it was 2 weeks later. Best of luck finding one - u will.

When u find one Call ASAP, talk about all the service history, carfax, paintwork, etc. after a good conversation u should be ready to deposit car - don't get bogged down on price and pay more for a good Ferrari, u will rarely if ever get a great deal on a great Ferrari - pay up. Then get a PPI and be reasonable, most all PPI's these days make a great car sound terrible as shop wants to get work and doesn't want to get sued. They are old cars so u are going to have lots of things pop up on a PPI even on great cars. Then buy it.

Best of luck

9. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    :) Haha, congrats! Do you plan to keep the berlinetta as well?

10. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #110 ASK328, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    Thank you, I do. The silver GTB I'm really happy with - the more I work on that car I just can't believe it was so close to me and that it hadn't sold. Car is in amazing condition.

11. GTSNJ

GTSNJ Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2015
    I bought the beautiful black european example that everyone was talking about lately, it was also featured on jalopnik.

Now You Can Own This Stunning Ferrari F355 For The Price Of A Used SUV

It is a great little car. For a $35000 GTS it is wonderful, I couldn't ask for more. Belts just done :). Clutch done. All filters/fluids done. Great black paint. Nice interior which smells like fresh leather. Targa top in great shape. The seller was great, he seemed honest and is an expert on european cars. I purchased this while selling my other Ferrari because I still love the 355 but wanted to try the gated shifter out (previously had a stellar spider for two years)

Some members made it sound like a piece of junk on the forums, and it probably helped me to get this great car, so thank you all. I know the truth because I bought the car, so all the hearsay can be dispelled. Whatever happened to this car in its past was minor because the engine runs perfect idles like a clock. Full power. I also confirmed it has a ferrari challenge style exhaust on it and high flow filters. Sounds amazing. Seems to have slightly more pep at lower rpm than the 5.2 f1 I owned, but boy there is nothing like your first Ferrari. Watching it drive away was sad.

I invite anybody local to come see this car in north nj and would like to attend some meets this year with it. I would like to enjoy this car for the spring and summer then will most likely sell because I have a full garage again: (thought I was downsizing by selling the other Ferrari, but ended up with another before it even left!) If a respectable offer comes along I would consider a sale, there is always another car to try!

I work on my own cars and have alot of knowledge about the 355s, Astons, MB models, etc. So if you have a DIY question do not be scared to work on these cars! My last one was bulletproof besides basic maintenance stuff, mounts, belts etc, and I look forward to another positive experience with this GTS. My feeling is that cars with higher mileage are sorted, and it remains true with all the cars I have had over the years.

12. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #112 nsx2F355, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    "Its the perfect starter ferrari and you can't go wrong" "But I'm not afraid" Luke Skywalker "You will be!" Yoda.

13. GTSNJ

GTSNJ Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2015
    Haha, thats a good quote. I did things the wrong way then, because this is my second 355!

14. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Me 2, it's my 20th

15. Mik3ymomo

Mik3ymomo Karting

Apr 1, 2009
    Mount Laurel NJ
    Ohhhh. That car. I remember that one. Didn't it take a low offer? I saw it this past fall.

16. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    I was highly interested in that car until I saw pictures of the underbody, I actually PM'ed to try and contact to discuss.

The large amount of rust, weather it was just surface or not, was concerning. Glad a F-Chatter picked it up, hope you make it a beauty!

17. GTSNJ

GTSNJ Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2015
    Yes, some surface rust on the bottom panel but nothing crazy for a 20 year old car. I put it on the lift and gave it a good inspection. It is what it is, its not an 80k one.

Thanks for the kind words.

18. Horsechat

Horsechat Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Anybody at least thinking of selling??

1998 FERRARI F355 GTS

This one seems a little rich

19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Thats a really nice one. Rare. Red with black interior + 6speed. Price is right. This should sell in a week.

20. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That one looks nice. If I was looking to buy I would contact them and get more details.

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Put Seller's number on speed dial and have a signed check in hand and sign papers on your knees :).

22. group77racing

group77racing Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Often Imitated
    Full Name:
    Never Duplicated
    Better get it before its $84900...$94900...

23. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Car looks great. Price is right. Will be $6k higher in May...

I'd move quickly. Sometimes cars on Vast are very old ads and cars are long gone.

Good luck - go get it.

Robb

24. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    That seller refused off-site PPI. If you can handle that risk, the car appears otherwise clean with some decent documentation.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 LT29i 發送

25. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What about on site PPI? Some seller are particular about random things. Understanding the reason for not wanting an off site PPI is important.