355 - F355 / 355F1 Parts Thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

355 F355 / 355F1 Parts Thread

Discussion in '348/355' started by CRAIGF355, Aug 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tispkj

tispkj Karting

Sep 26, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Jennings
    I just went direct to the Porsche dealer as I get a small discount with club membership.

That number above is a Porsche part number, they are actually made by Pierburg ? so may well be available knowing Porsche for a lot less than that.

Regards

2. tispkj

tispkj Karting

Sep 26, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Jennings
    Hi Guys, have sourced here in the UK.
    They are reffered to as an EGR valve / solenoid switch, can be found on ebay uk or Amazon under part number EGR 140 (after market made or supplied by fuelparts uk ltd) for around £45 new (UK ferrari indy wants £100, I didnt dare ask Mr Ferrari)
    The part is fitted to numerous VW - Audi - Skoda diesel engined cars and Ford (europe) models.
    Hope this helps anyone in same situation as me.
    Regards

3. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce

NO....that bosch part# is for the fuel rail pressure.

For the tank you have 3-4 parts...disareator,anti-flowback valve,tank ventilation valve,and anti-evaporation valve.

All the parts from Ferrari are relatively inexpensive except the disareator.

4. tispkj

tispkj Karting

Sep 26, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Jennings
    Just an update Parts arrived in post yesterday following a call advising that fuel parts were out of stock, item supplied was original part ....... Pierburg 7.02256.01.0 .......and although a german company is marked Made In USA

Regards

5. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Found a great source for 348/355 OEM Piklington Sigla windshields with antenna & mirror clip included.

http://www.prosourceglassintl.com/

I am in no way affiliated with this business but I bought my windshield and it cost me about 1000$ including shipping instead of the 3000$+ from Ferrari.

Also, the trick to saving the existing trim kit when changing the windshield is to remove the bottom part of the trim, then lift the glass and use the glass to pop out the side and top trim parts. This will save you 1000$+ for the trim kit and re-use the existing one.

also, contrary to some of the posts here, the front fenders do not have to be removed when changing the windshield.

6. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Fab, awesome information sharing! Thanks :)

7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Heck yeah!! Great find!

8. pourquoi_ne

pourquoi_ne Karting

Mar 16, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    John
    #58 pourquoi_ne, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I needed a 355 Spider door microswitch (the one that tells the ECU that the windows have gone down by a couple of inches when the roof is lowered) They are listed on Eurospares website at £43 + tax. The switch has the word Burgess stamped on it. I did a bit of research and managed to source a similar item on this website http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=1162605 for £12 + tax. It needs a bit of soldering to put the plug on the fly wires but thats a 10 minute job.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. MitchG

MitchG Karting

Feb 13, 2011
    Central Illinois USA
    Full Name:
    Mitch Griffin
    #59 MitchG, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Everyone,

My 355 had the alarm light on constantly and no beeps when the you clicked the fob button. Based on the discussion of others, it seemed the battery was dead in the siren.

The GM Corvette replacement siren [Part 15213135] is less than $100. While it is reported to be "out of production" on some of the GM parts direct sites, I was able to get it for $75.00 and shipping from http://www.gmpartseast.com/parts/gm-15213135_alarm.html

It was reported to be a "plug and play" by the 360 guys. Not the case with the 355 (or at least my 1997 355). The replacement from GM has four staggered male connectors, which are almost visible in the first photo below. The connectors are numbered 1-4 on the plastic case.

However, the original 355 wiring had a pig tail that came out of the siren with four female plug in a square. To adapt it, I cut off the old pigtail, opened the new siren as described in the siren battery replacement threads, then soldered the old pigtail onto the posts. This siren is much easier to cut open than the old Ferrari 355 siren. I think someone with a very fine point soldering iron might be able to do this without opening up the siren.

The question was which to solder where? After some time testing circuits with an ohm meter, I came to the conclusion that:

New unit post Number 1 – Brown wire,
    Number 2 – White wire,
    Number 3 – Yellow wire,
    Number 4 – Red wire.

While you are in there, might as well wire in an external battery so this issue does not reappear.

So...$85.00 and an hour or so later my alarm is working properly!

10. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    I just replaced both engine compartment hood struts on my 1995 F355 with ones purchased from O'Reilly Auto Parts. Their stock number is SAC SG459025 and they cost $17.99 each. I know that there are probably many sources out there for these parts, but I thought I'd pass this along for those in search of a bargain. It seems that these types of purchases (at reasonable prices) are far and few in between for Ferrari owners, so we should take advantage whenever possible.

11. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Good find and report Mitch, Thanks!

12. pourquoi_ne

pourquoi_ne Karting

Mar 16, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    John
    I needed to get a new one and headed to my local motor factor to order a Bosch 0 280 122 004. I was told that Bosch have done a deal with Ferrari so that getting one of these is virtually impossible (in the UK). I resorted to looking on Eurospares website and found that the price was £62+tax. I then checked the main dealer price and was told that their price was £220+tax! I then tried to buy one from Eurospares at £62 and after being kind of ignored for a day or so I checked again and found that they had put their price up to £220 as well. After a lot of searching on ebay, the net etc I managed to find this company http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/sensor-throttle-position/bosch-0-280-122-004_g3940_a0300!280!122!004.html who sold me one at £58 + shipping. They have an office in London but are based in Lyon, France so perhaps Bosch have a different agenda for the French market.

This may be more relevant for UK owners but the cheapest I could source this part in the US was on ebay at $155 - still considerably more than I paid.

Hope this is useful!!

13. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
  14. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
  15. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
  16. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Hi Oz, thanks for gathering some common threads about the Fans into one easy post. Its always nice to see this thread being kept alive, Its been very handy for me over the years.

17. MR2 Mike

MR2 Mike Rookie

Mar 11, 2012
    St. Augustine, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike Rioux
    I've done this for the folks over in the 3x8 and 348 threads, but I wanted to let the 355 people know that I went through this parts cross ref thread and compiled the parts into an alphabetical PDF. I uploaded it to my hobby site to view or download:

http://ferraridiy.com/parts_guides/355-parts-guide

If you do notice any errors or have anything to add to it please let me know and I really hope that this helps you guys out. I'll keep it updated pretty regularly for everyone as this thread is updated and I get them from you all.

18. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Amazing contribution, thanks so much!!!

19. yves8174

yves8174 Rookie

Nov 11, 2011
  20. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    This is incorrect. That part is a completely different TPS.

21. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Would someone please delete this? I didn't realise my car has a non standard part.

22. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Interesting, and good info. The part 0 280 122 004 is easily purchased online in the USA for less than $100...typically with free shipping included.

23. jevs

jevs Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2010
    Missouri
  24. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
  25. Jeff348

Jeff348 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    S.I.New York
    Full Name:
    jeff spezzano
    Anyone know of an a/c compressor cross reference for the 355? I think I may need one. Thanks.