Sold - F355 1997 Berlinetta Manual (Euro car) | FerrariChat

Sold F355 1997 Berlinetta Manual (Euro car)

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Mats Andersen, Nov 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mats Andersen

Mats Andersen Karting

Sep 28, 2017
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Mats Andersen
    Considering sale of my european 1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta.
    89 000kms
    The car is in superb good condition and had engine out major service spring 2018, new clutch, water pump, belts, plugs, valve springs++. New wheel allignment and corner weighted. Everything works as it should. 2023 is the time for the next engine out service for belt change.
    Driven and maintained regularily.
    Original car with the exception of the new Nouvalari Supersport exhaust and sports catalysts. Is also mounted Momo steering wheel and spacer for improved driving experience.

Factory options are red calipers, bordeaux dashboard. New michelin sport tires.
    Extraordinary sound, but you already know that if you are looking for such a car :)

Owner's history with photos since new etc, protective cover and tool box included + original airbag steering wheel and some other spare parts like capristo race pipes, workshop manual and small.
    Rare color combination, Color is Grigio Titanio Metallico, interior Bordeaux leather.

Car is registered and located in Norway, non EU.
    VIN ZFFXR41B000112780
    Asking price Euro 95 500
    [email protected]

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    There are some CGI in there...otherwise nice color combo! GLWS.

3. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Great car, great photography

4. Mats Andersen

Mats Andersen Karting

Sep 28, 2017
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Mats Andersen
    thanks guys:)

Amenasce; I have a "copy" 3d model of the car so it can also be "photographed" artificailly, hehe:):)

5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Yeah those wheels look larger than OEM size in those renderings.

The real life photos look amazing though. Beautiful colour combination. GLWS

6. Mats Andersen

Mats Andersen Karting

Sep 28, 2017
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Mats Andersen
    hmm yes,, youre right. looks like 19"! I should replace or remove those images. cant find a way however to edit those posts..:eek:

7. gated_shifter

gated_shifter Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2015
    Plano, TX
    what a gorgeous color combo!

mrqro likes this.
  8. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Mats, sorry taking up old thread but I have owned this car for very long time ago :cool:

I dont know if you know the full story of this car? This car have been in 2x accidents as far as I know, 1x of them was very small when I used to own it. But the accident before was from my understanding very big and resulted in all front of the car smashed.

I found out the hard way and also by doing my own due diligence and calling all of the owners and people in the community. Maybe thats why you try sell this car outside Norway?

First of all the car is not 1997 model its 1999 by VIN number. The story is in 1997 yellow F355 Berlinetta caught fire and was totaled so by rule in Norway its possible to use that title to import new car without pay any tax or VAT. But doing so you have to use the engine + transmission from old car in the new. I was told by the mechanic that they bought this car 1998/1999 from Damgaard-Nielsen (main Ferrari dealer) in Denmark. They tok out the engine + transmission "new car" and put in VAN and imported the car without transmission + engine (but they had that in the VAN. They told government in Norway that they will use the old engine + transmission from fire 1997 car in this 1998/99 car and got the Norwegian license plates. After that they put the 98/99 engine + transmission back in (so nothing from the 1997 car was used and thats good thing). So this car is 1999 as you also will see if you check with Ferrari factory.

When I bought the car I saw the car had original Ferrari shields on both fenders, but I checked this old article they had with this car https://dinside.dagbladet.no/motor/test-ferrari-f355---nar-hesten-broler/62648053 there was no shields...

I also saw one of the headlight was some more down than the other one (dont remember what side now). So I called a lot of the old owners to get the full story. One of the owners Gisle he is owner of big car dealership in Norway he used to own this car, under his ownership he borrowed the car to some customer that crashed the car in mountain and got the front fully smashed so when the car was fixed they put new fenders on the car both side with factory shields..

Also the challenge grill was something I put on the car

Also if you check the service book you will see a lot stamps missing, because long time some owners had put the service book under the driver seat. When I bought the car they told me the service book was missing and I found it under the driver seat :D

I dont know the story after my ownership maybe the car have been all sorted out now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tarek307 likes this.
  9. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I KNOW that the original post is almost two years old and the car is sold........... BUT what a beauty! :)

10. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

Thats a crazy story on this car, hopefully who ever bought it had these major accident facts disclosed to them- It sure is a beautiful car though, if the price was right, i'd have no issue buying assuming it was fixed right

Senshi458 likes this.